“overnight stay”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We only stayed one night, as a family visiting LEGOLAND, we had every intentions of eating in the restaurant but the prices and the menu put us off. 3 egg omelette just short of £10 and that's where the prices started, We got the feeling the menu was set for the business sector and that the expense account would be paying. We didn't even look at the children's menu, when we saw pizza being delivered to another guest, we followed we ate for the cost of one meal off the menu? we had been looking forward to a 'nice' meal, but cost does matter, we had spent the day in a theme park and wanted some plain food at affordable prices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear DEIRDRE8-0,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the restaurant but we were disappointed to hear that you have missed out on our pizza menu or the family buffet we offer every evening in our restaurant.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,546)

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel with my partner and 9 month baby
On arrival we were greeted by two female receptionists I wish I had their names as they were fantastic. From the moment we got there we where given loads of info and dealt with quickly.
And my baby was given a pink pig part of Novotel family . Which was a nice touch.
Rooms are really nice especially like the separate toilet. Beds were comfortable.
And check out is 12pm fantastic.
I'm a guest relations manager and what made it good for me was that first initial contact with the reception fantastic service.
Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Amanda23-Scotland,

We are very pleased to hear that you have had a fantastic stay at Novotel London Heathrow and we are even more pleased to hear that we have provided you with a high standard of service throughout your visit.

We are also glad to hear that you intend to come back.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have now stayed at this hotel 3 times in a family room, with another night booked in three weeks time.
On each occasion we have stayed at the hotel, the reception staff have been professional, courteous and very helpful. They are a credit to the hotel.
We ate in the hotel restaurant the first time we stayed there and along the service, the food was delicious, albeit rather overpriced.
The second time we stayed, we had a dire experience in the hotel restaurant. Earlier that afternoon, we had seen a child get its fingers jammed in the swimming pool door. Not the hotel's fault really as the parent should have been paying more attention to her child. We had the misfortune to sit next to this same family at dinner and you would have thought that this family was the only one in the restaurant. The useless restaurant manager (a tall,blonde woman) hovered around this family, supplying them with bottles of wine, copious amounts of food and exclaiming loudly to the waiters to give this family and the child anything that they asked for. Sadly for the rest of us diners, this meant we were ignored. When our food did eventually arrive, it arrived before our table had been laid and we ended up going to another table and removing the cutlery and napkins to lay our own table. When the food arrived it was poor and almost cold. We did complain and were told by the Reception staff that they were having problems with the Restaurant and apologised on their behalf. We put that visit to the hotel restaurant down to experience. Wish we hadn't!
We stayed yesterday in a family room again on the second floor. The room itself was clean and tidy but my son's bed had a spring loose which stuck in his back and made for quite an uncomfortable night. We also had to complain about the air conditioning not working. The reception sent a maintenance man up straight away who told us it was working. It was not!
We then decided to have a meal at the restaurant again, as we thought we should give them another go. This time it was even worse. There were 3 staff waiting the entire restaurant with a dopey restaurant manager flitting about not doing an awful lot. In fact he seemed to stay right at the far end of the restaurant, presumably to avoid having to deal with any customer complaints.
I ordered the pork tenderloin and cabbage with a portion of chips (£18.50!!!!!), my son had the curry and my husband had the pizza. Our food took ages to arrive, not helped by the fact that we only had some chewy, stale bread to gnaw on whilst waiting for it. My pork was a joke. The tenderloin was in fact a lump of fat dumped on top of what I can only describe as hard strips of cabbage. I asked the waiter to take the food back. He then spoke to the chef who told him to tell me that pork tenderloin is a fatty cut. What???? I think the clue is "tender loin" not "gristly, fatty loin".
After a swim in the hotel pool, which is clean and refreshing, we went back to our stifling hot room and had what can only be described as a very uncomfortable night.
There was absolutely no way that we were going to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant and so hungry and very tired, we checked out this morning after explaining the shortcomings. The Reception Staff again were very apologetic and polite and gave us the impression that they are hit with frequent complaints about the restaurant.
There are pros and cons with this hotel, but here's a WARNING. If you are driving to this hotel, please take care to drive slowly as you exit the car park. Thankfully, my husband was driving very slowly because as we drew level with the reception area, we had to stop to allow a big, fat rat to cross the road in front of us. It scuttled into the bush just by the front doors and alongside the restaurant. Lucky rat, little wonder at its size given all the rubbish food that gets sent back and thrown out.
I would encourage the management to refrain from posting "We've never had a problem with pests" because having just read numerous other posts, clearly you have!
And whilst rats seem to be everywhere these days, it is not the most welcoming sight to know you are sharing the hotel with one of them!
We can only hope our stay in 3 weeks time is considerably better but we will be eating before we arrive!

Room Tip: We want to emphasize that the Reception staff have been outstanding on every occasion we have stayed...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank francesca p
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear francesca p,

Many thanks for your detailed review of your stay with us.

I was pleased to hear that you found the service at the reception to be of good quality and that you enjoyed your first meal with us.

I was however disappointed to hear about the issues you have encountered in the restaurant thereafter; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that we have taken note of your comments and that we are addressing the points you have mentioned.

I can also confirm that we have a very strong health and safety policy in place and that we have successfully taken all the necessary steps to prevent pest to congregate on our premises. However, and since we are located near other hotels and other bushy areas, it can happen that pest arrives from outside.

I understand that you are returning to stay with us and I would therefore be glad to discuss this matter further with you should you wish to do so. Please feel free to contact me directly on h1551-dm@accor.com.

We are looking forward to you next visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was flying from Amsterdam to Shannon with a stop at Heathrow. Due to delays I missed my connecting flight to Shannon and the airlines arranged for out stay at the Novotel London Heathrow.

..: The Hotel:..
The Hotel looks very nice and inviting. The reception desk is very friendly. The Hotel has a bar with a huge screen and a restaurant. Near the entrance/exit there's a Nintendo WII. I'm not sure if this was playable but I think this is a nice addition. The hotel has a gym and a pool. Unfortunately I wasn't able to check them out. There's WiFi throughout the Hotel. I forget to test the exact speed but the speed is pretty good.

..:The Room (232):..
The room is spacious and nicely decorated. The rooms includes a flatscreen tv, a fridge, a safe, a watercooker, a desk and even has a couch. It also has a benc for you to sit on while you tie your shoes.The Tv is nicely positioned across from the bed. It contains an RCA cable to connect your phone or mp3 player, which is a great addition. The TV has a great digital reception. The AC is pretty loud but can be turned off.

..:Restaurant:..
The restaurant has great opening times. It closes at 22.30. After 22.30 you can still order dinner but you'll have to eat it at the bar. The menu is nothing special but has a good variety of options. I had the Caesar salad, Red Thai chicken curry and the fruit salad. Unfortunately I had to wait 45 minutes for the Caesar salad. this pissed me off because I was starting to get stomach cramps. The salad was good and the chicken was nice and tender. the Red Thai chicken curry was also very good. The rice portion is a little bit small but as I was experiencing stomach cramps did wasn't that big of an issue. The fruit salad was also very good. Overall I'm pleased with the restaurant but they should pay some attention to starving customers.

The seats in the restaurant are pretty comfortable. One thing needs special attention and that is two seats in the back near the wall. The wall has 2 integrated Ipads which can be used for browing the web or using any of the other apps installed on the Ipad. This is something I haven't seen before and was a great addition. Now you can catch up on some news while you have breakfast or dinner. Downside was that some webpages are blocked. I tried to read an article on CNN edition but the app gave me a warning that the site was blocked.

.:Experience:..
Due to my luggage not being available to me I asked and received a toothbrush +paste and shaving kit. This was free. Some hotels will make you buy one at the gift shop. Because I did not have access to my luggage I also requested some lotion. I was given a bottle of lotion and when I asked why this wasn't in the hotel room I was told that they only provide this in certain rooms. This boggles my mind as body lotion can hardly be considered a luxury item.

..:Room Checklist:..
Power outlets next to bed: Check
Free WiFi everywhere: Check
Good WiFi Speed: Check
TV with good quality reception: Check
Iron and ironing board in room: Check
Fridge with space for your own stuff: Check
Comfortable Bed: Check
Shower cap: Not available in the room
Slippers: not available in the room
Bathrobe: Not available in the room
Body lotion: Not available in the room

I'm not sure if slippers, shower caps and a bath robe can be requested. Because I was only staying one night I didn't bother to ask. The staff is very friendly so I think that if they are available they would gladly give you some.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John B

Dear John B,

I am grateful for this very detailed and positive review of your stay.

On behalf of all the team, I thank you for your words of praise regarding our high standards of service. We are also delighted that you have enjoyed using all our facilities including the bar, the restaurant and the bedroom.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have tried a number of airport hotels around LHR, and this Novotel property is definately a good one.
The outside loos as dated as most other hotels this side of the airport, but inside it is quite funky.
Contemroary lobby / restaurant / bar / social area and (at least mine was), very nice roomes with modern decor. Cool design in the bathroom with separate tub and powerful shower. Toilet is in a seperate little room.
Nice to be able to soak in a hot bath with the double doors of the bathroom thrown open and watch TV.
Good selection of TV channels, but you may have to dig around a bit for non-English channels.
Free and fast wifi. Good feature.
Friendly and super informative check-in staff.
The rooms afre mostly quiet towards the atriium and romms next door, but there is quite some noise from the corridors. Better doors are needed!

Reaching the hotel from any LHR terminal is by ludicrously expensive taxi or equally overpriced Hotel Hoppa shutle bus. Fast ride to / from T1-2-3 but a good half hour to T4 and 5. Make sure you leave enought time to catch your flight. The check-in staff will make sure that you are aware of the time it takes to get to the airport and even suggest a suitable shuttle bus (rune every 20 minutes or so).
Local; bus 222 to shopping area of Uxbridge or low-cost shopping area of Hounslow are about 100 meters from the hotel and run every few minutes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gerhard1965

Dear gerhard1965,

Many thanks for your feedback following your stay at Novotel London Heathrow.

We were glad to read your extensive review and mainly to note that you rate us as one of the good hotels in the Heathrow area. It is also a pleasure to hear that you found all our facilities to be pleasant and convenient and that the service we provided you was of good quality.

We are very much looking forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed on a 2 day stopover here. The hotel connects to the airport on the hotel hopper bus and service is very regular and the drive only about 10 minutes.
Staff were helpful and firendly and accomodating when I arrived early from a long haul flight.

Rooms were comfortable and there was a lounge chair to relax in and read in the evening. The restaurant was good, although service was slow, and there was not a huge variety to choose from.
The hotel itself is fairly isolated with no good waling paths around, but I did use the airport bus to hop on the train and explore a little in London.

Room Tip: The rooms are in a U shape oaround the central court. I think any room would be fine
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wanderer574

Dear wanderer574,

Thank you so much for your comments following your stay in our hotel.

We are extremely pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Room was quite small especially for four people, however was clean and pleasant, if not spectacular. We were especially impressed by the front desk staff who were helpful, friendly and more than willing to go the extra mile for four tired people who arrived to find their travel agent had bungled their booking.
We also had the buffet breakfast each morning, which was excellent, and a great way to prep for long days of sightseeing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Andrea D,

We are very pleased to hear that you have had an excellent stay at Novotel London Heathrow and we are even more pleased to hear that we have provided you with a high standard of service throughout your visit.

I thank you for pointing out the delicious breakfast you have had in our Elements restaurant.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Warm Regards,