We recently stayed at the Novotel the night before a morning flight out of Heathrow. The Novotel website page for the Heathrow hotel mentions a free airport shuttle (see the bottom of this review for a paste from the Access tab on the Novotel web page for this location) Turns out there's a 4 pound per person fee for the shuttle and we almost missed it because we had exchanged our currency. The website misled us.
Novotels have a modernistic Ikea-furniture quality to them, and this one is no different. The decor can be annoying or tolerable depending on your tastes and mood, but the lighting in the lobby/restaurant here is particularly annoying. Ask for a fan when you check in because there is no air movement in the rooms and the thermostats do not control the temperature or air movement at all (as noted in other reviews). It was very stuffy and with a duvet but no top sheet, you have a small temperature range for comfort. To their credit, they were very fast in bringing up a fan when I called after some tossing and turning.
The staff at the desk were cold and rude...when I asked one of the clerks a question about Heathrow, she responded "We do not get involved with those concerns." An odd and unfriendly response, and then she just walked away. I was dismissed, I guess. Same treatment upon checkout the next morning. I think the airport location and the one-night stays lead the hotel management to under-value the treatment of their guests. If I had been booked for a multiple night stay, I would have canceled after the first night.
I normally give pretty good reviews for hotels (check out my other reviews) and am tolerant of quirks, but I did not like this hotel.
The positives were the location near the airport and the low-cost (but not free as advertised) shuttle to the airport. The hotel has a nice patio/garden area in the back. The downsides were pretty much everything else. If you need even moderately polite conversation from staff, this is not the place for you. If you want to be treated as if you are at an East German Department of Motor Vehicles, you will feel at home.
Via the M4 motorway, exit at Junction No.4 for Uxbridge and Heathrow T 1 2 3. At the large roundabout, follow signs for Uxbridge onto Cherry Lane, then follow signposts for West Drayton and you will see the hotel entrance on your immediate left.
LONDON HEATHROW (1.53 km)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short drive from one of London's main international airports, Novotel London Heathrow Airport is the perfect place for a stopover. Whether travelling in or out of the capital, you are guaranteed a restful night's sleep. Enjoy the luxury of our indoor heated swimming pool and ensure your travels are stress-free at Novotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
- Novotel Hotel London Heathrow
- Novotel West Drayton
- West Drayton Novotel
- Novotel London Heathrow West Drayton, Greater London