“Nice makeover, vast improvement, still slight smell of wet dog”

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Sliema, Malta
“Nice makeover, vast improvement, still slight smell of wet dog”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

The foyer and main restaurant is vastly improved. Night and day. I really didn't like the restaurant before. Now its got a great ambience and the food has improved. The Garden Terrace is a good place to dine while travelling.

It was funny walking in and seeing the makeover with the wood dividers and inlays and new paint and decor. Its like the place went up a star rating.

The gym is very good. Grade A equipment spotlessly clean in a nice spacious room.

All round, I'd recommend this hotel. You'll get used to the slight smell of wet dog in the rooms quickly. The rooms are the same as before. Good beds, decent amount of space, well cared for, except that slight wet dog niff.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed especially our new public areas, reception, lobby, restaurant and bar. We spent a lot of effort to make sure they are warm and welcoming, when our guests arrive at the Sheraton Heathrow. Great to read also you like our new menu. We will change it soon again, sticking to the classics and improving it with a few new and tasty summer dishes. Our restaurant and kitchen team are really proud about our new facilities and food offering and are glad you like them both.
We have noted your observations regarding the smell in the rooms. We are working with our housekeeping team on an ambitious deep cleaning schedule, so we trust this defect will disappear soon also.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again at the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel.

Warm regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Got a good deal via Lastminute.com for £50(double room). Unfortunately when I arrived at the hotel to check-in the receptionist was unaware of my booking which led to delays(45mins) in getting registered. Although I had pre-paid the room via the lastminute website the hotel insisted on taking a swipe of my credit card for security!!
The room was a long walk from the lift but was clean/tidy and certainly worth £50/night.
Be aware that when you checkout in the morning they will attempt to charge you an eye watering parking rate for leaving your vehicle in the car park.....I had to explain that the car park charge was included in the deal before they would enable the swipe card to release me from the car park! Be advised!!

Room Tip: Get one near to the lifts!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience occurred when made your reservation. It can happen sometimes, that when you book your room just before arriving at the hotel, that the reservation has not come through to us at the time of your arrival. We then have to investigate further to find your reservation and what additional services are actually included in the rate, especially, when the room is prepaid, as yours was.
As most hotels and hotel companies do worldwide, we do also take an authorization on your credit card, when you check in. This is to cover eventual charges within the hotel, such as movies, restaurant or bar consumptions, and will allow you to have them simply billed to your room. If you don’t want us to proceed with an authorization, simply let us know at check in. Then you will however have to pay for any additional service within the hotel directly at the time of utilization.

We hope you still could enjoy the Sheraton Heathrow and our facilities during your stay and that we can welcome you back soon.

County Carlow, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed here for the first time on the night of May 7th, 2012. I got what I believe was a good deal for the hotel (approx £50, room only). The check-in process was very quick and efficient. The room seemed to be a long way from the lift when I was trying to find it perhaps because I was dragging a heavy suitcase, a carry-on case and a handbag. The view from the window was not great but that didn't really matter. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. Soundproofing was not great, I could hear the couple next door but fortunately they were not too loud. There was an old, huge TV (not a slim, flat screen). All the usual facilities were included, mini bar, safe, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, tea and coffee making. The bathroom was good, the bath side was high - had I been a small or somewhat disabled person it might have been a bit of a climb to get into and out of it. I could not find a way to empty the sink so I had to leave my used water in it. I did not use the restaurant because I found the prices were high and I wasn't that hungry on arrival. However, I was charged for dinner on the bill that was placed under my door during the night. One of the receptionists accepted that I was telling the truth when I said I had not dined there and wiped it off my account. The hotel is served by a Hoppa Bus for Terminal 5 (as well as others but that is the only one I was concerned about) but it didn't show up on the morning of my flight at a time stated on the hotel's information sheet so I had to get a taxi as my time was running very short indeed. The hotel has it's own complimentary (I think) bus service to Terminal 5 but I couldn't wait to avail of that either. There are no shops nearby apart from one in a petrol station located across the road from the hotel and there is a McDonalds between that and a Premier Inn Hotel. All in all, a very nice hotel and I would stay there again especially if I got as good a deal again.

Room Tip: Room 2332 is quite a long walk from the lift.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of the Sheraton Heathrow. We are glad to read that you generally enjoyed our services. Unfortunately we do not run our own shuttle service, as no hotel is allowed to do so at Heathrow Airport. The independent company operating the Hoppa Buses is the only one offering shuttle bus transportation from the gates to the hotel door. Usually they are on time, according to the schedule, which we gave you. Another option is to take a taxi or to use one of the free public transport buses. From Terminal 5 they leave just next to the Hoppa Bus station and stop in 2min walking distance from the hotel.
We are more than happy to allocate you a room not too far from the elevators, if you request it next time you are staying with us. Try also our grab & go Link@Sheraton Café. We are sure you will find there the light snack you are looking for, if you are just slightly hungry.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Sheraton Heathrow.

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

We've stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow a couple of times before early flights and have no complaints about the service or standards. It's not as plush as the Sheraton Skyline down the road, but it's an excellent option for flying in and out of Heathrow. As in the past, our room was clean and comfortable, and quite importantly, we got a good night's sleep. In the lobby, there are several computers with free internet access for guests, which we found useful to print our boarding passes. The prices in the restaurant were fairly reasonable, considering it was a hotel eatery, and we had no complaints about the food. Overall, the Sheraton Heathrow is a nice hotel, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Great to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and were satisfied with our services. We aim to offer a warm welcome to all our guests and make you feel comfortable among us. Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback. We certainly look forward to welcoming you soon again at the Sheraton Heathrow.

Warm regards,

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in April 2012.
The place looks nice when you first walk in. After waiting a while at the reception desk, we were finally checked in. The staff are lovely. Very helpful. Breakfast was not included in our price, so we inquired about the restaurant. We were told that the breakfast would cost 8 pound, however after having breakfast we were informed by the restaurant staff that it was 16.50 pound per person. The continental breakfast is 15 pound per person- and has great variety. It is definitely not worth that much, but there is not a lot of variety around apart from McDonalds across the road. The hot food was awful.
The corridors and rooms needs work. Housekeeping were good but did not speak one word of English. The bathroom was lovely and the bed was a queen.
No pool or spa. Good gym.
Wouldnt probably stay here again, but for the price, it was ok.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thorough review of your stay at our hotel and thank you for the friendly comments about our associates. We apologize, if we gave you the wrong price information about our breakfast and are sorry the breakfast quality was not up to your expectations. We have reviewed your observations with our front office and kitchen team and also housekeeping team regarding the corridors and the English level of our team.

Your feedback gives us the opportunity to improve, so we trust we will prove to be better hosts in the future.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I have been there for 1 night only and the greeting from the reception was fantastic, there was a group check-in in at the same time but everything was ran smoothly. We have been explained properly where to go to find the lift, the facilities of the hotel ( not that much as it is an "Airport" hotel where people stay for 1 night mainly. I liked the Link at Sheraton as it was very convenient to print our itinerary. the breakfast was very good too and all you can expect on a buffet for a continental breakfast was there. If you have to stay near Heathrow Airport, I will recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your friendly comment about the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel. Great to read you enjoyed our facilities, the smooth check-in and our breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you again next time you pass by at Heathrow Airport.

Event Planner
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have stayed at six different hotels around Heathrow and this place is the worst of all. The rooms are tired (smoke detectors hanging from the wall, broken hardware on the windows, tubs that don't drain, phones that don't work, electric outlets that don't work) and the hallways are dismal. The "club lounge" is small and dirty and the food looked inedible.
And the corker? I went down for dinner and found that they charge for bread (3 pounds) and butter (1 pound). Avoid this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank VCF_Chicago
Dear Guest,

we are very sorry to read your review about your stay at the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel and especially that you didn't like our freshly in the stone fire oven prepared and with olive oil served bread. I have sent you a private message. We would be happy to know in which room you stayed, so we can fix the issues you are mentioning.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
#9 of 12 in West Drayton
3.0 of 5 bubbles 2,397 reviews

Been to Sheraton Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!