“Poor, Non-responsive service - Not up to Sheraton Standard”

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Poor, Non-responsive service - Not up to Sheraton Standard”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I should have known that the experience was not going to be good when it took more than 30 minutes to check in at the reception area.

That was only the beginning! When I got to my room, the temperature in the room was HOT. I turned on the A/C and gave it a chance to cool things down. When it was still running hot after an hour I called down to let them know that it needed service. The operator informed me that there were several other problems reported and they would get to me when they got to me. I went to dinner and came back aroun 9:30 - the room was still hot and I called back down. They said that it had been serviced and that was all they could do. I asked to be moved to another room and was told that there were not any available.

The food in the restaurant was quite good, but the choices on the menu were not very extensive and the service was terrible.

I would not reserve this hotel ever again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to read about your experience at the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel and apologize for the inconvenience caused, especially for the long waiting time at check-in and that you had to suffer high temperatures in your room. After a long period of cool weather, we are enjoying now sunny and warm days and it seems our AC was not ready for it. That is why it wasn’t functioning to its full capacity on Friday and over the week-end. Furthermore over that period the hotel was particularly busy. This is why after 9:30 in the evening, we were not able to find another room for you. We are really sorry about these incidents. Since Monday, our systems have been fixed. Regarding check-in we are currently recruiting additional associates to join our reception team, so we trust we will prove to be better hosts very soon.

We are designing a new menu for the summer, so we will take into account your comments regarding our food selection. Thank you for giving us your feedback. We have reviewed it with our different teams. It helps us to offer the welcoming and attentive service we are aiming for, especially in our restaurant.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Akron
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I checked into this hotel on May 17th, 2012-May 22nd 2012. The lobby is very pretty and pretty much that's where is ends. The place needs major upgrades. As we made made our way to our room, we started laughing because we had an idea what our room would look like. The carpet all over the hotel is old and smelly. The wall paper was coming down at different seams. We didn't sit in the chairs in the room because they were very dusty. Even though it was cold outside, we left our windows open our entire stay to get fresh air. The dusty smell was incredible.
The bathroom was just ok. I'll tell you this much, this is the only hotel ever that I refused to take baths. We only took showers. Everyday we were there, we had to ask the frontdesk for washclothes. The last 2 days, we were told they didn't have any and we had to wash with hand towels.
We were so disappointed with this hotel that we even tried to find another place to stay but because of the money that we had paid, we decided to make the best of it.
I would never ever ever stay here again. If I had never stayed at a Sheraton before I would have a really negative view of them but since this is the only one that I have ever hated, it must be just this one.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to read about your stay at the Sheraton Heathrow. We apologize for the inconvenience. I can assure you the cleanliness of the hotel is one of our priorities, in the public areas, corridors, rooms and bathrooms. I would really like to investigate this matter further. For that I have send you a private message.

Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I'd read the reviews about the hotel before booking, and was honestly a little bit nervous when I arrived. However I have to say I don't agree with many of the reviews on Trip Adviser. The hotel itself is easily accessible to and from Heathrow (free red bus on other side of road takes you straight to terminal 5). The bed was big, room was big, clean, quiet, with tea & coffee making facilities. We've previously stayed at the Crown Plaza on the same 'road', but this hotel definitely had better & bigger rooms. The lobby just didn't bother me at all, maybe a bit like a bank, but plenty of comfortable seats available.
We had chosen their package which included access to a lounge with free soft drinks & pretzels. There was also a large screen TV in there and comfortable seats. Breakfast was fine (but served by many staff with 'trainee' badges, who could honestly have done with a little more training).
We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food and service was fine - not the most amazing meal in a hotel ever, and a little bit pricey but there isn't much other choice around there.
We'd been at a rugby match in Twickenham and the hotel was £35 in a taxi from there, Would recommend & would definitely stay there again in future for Heathrow flights or matches at Twickenham.
Only a couple of negative points really - we'd requested 1 twin & 1 double room specifically on our booking but were given 2 double rooms. At 9 at night we had to wait for almost an hour for a twin to be serviced before we could get into it. Thankfully we had access to the lounge to wait. Also the hotel is massive with many corridors which my elderly parents found a bit confusing. The room numbers aren't all well indicated from the lifts. The trainee breakfast staff were clearing the tables before you'd finished eating! And weren't exactly prompt with the tea & coffee.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed reviewed of your stay at the Sheraton Heathrow. We are glad you found our hotel convenient, comfortable and well located. Our aim is to give a warm welcome to all our guests. We have read your comments on how to improve our services. We have shared them with our teams in the restaurant and at reception. Thank you for telling us. This helps us to improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back, when you team plays next time in Twickenham.

Batemans Bay, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed here one night before early morning departure from Airport. Dropped our Thrifty rental car off at hotel as they have a branch there, very handy! Good reception and got early check in. Rooms good. Very comfortable bed and good bathroom, but old TV ! Hotel foyer has had renovations and all very nice. Good value::46 pounds a night. Did not eat there, bit pricey, went to Premier Inn restaurant over the road. A little noisy, but one can never get rid of airport noise!

Recommended

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Heathrow Hotels and the feedback of your stay with us. Great to see you found our hotel good value and enjoyed our recently refurbished public areas. We look forward to see you back soon and hope you will try our Orchard Restaurant next time. We are just running a special Asparagus Week and we are updating our menu with new and tasty summer dishes.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow at the start of a wonderful 16 day trip to Hawaii and California. I'd read reviews that placed this hotel very much behind its smarter sister hotel, The Skyline, and I agree that the Reception area caused my heart to sink (it looks to more like a cross between a bank and a detention centre!), but from the moment we checked in we were treated throughout the whole hotel with note-worthy charm, so much so that I'm writing this review from The Sheraton Los Angeles en route to Hawaii rather that wait until we get home in June!

Shabby and tired, some reviewers said and it's true that parts of the hotel did look in need of redecoration. The hotel is big and some of the rooms take all of three minutes to walk to - shocking! But if you re-focus on what really matters in a hotel, then The Sheraton Heathrow does it in spades: a bed that felt like sleeping on a heavenly smelling cloud, TICK! A quiet, peaceful room, TICK! One of the tastiest, piping hot, imaginative and senses-thrilling meals I've ever had: (okay, forgive the hyerbole, but Yummy just didn't do it justice!) TICK!

I've stayed at prettier hotels and been ignored. It's to the credit of all staff at the Sheraton Heathrow that this customer writes of their superb service, and I have no hesitation in recommending them most warmly.

2 Thank Bumblestraw
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Guest,

What an amazing review! With a very warm welcome, this is how we are aiming to attend all our guests. We are really happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and it was our team of associates, who made the difference. We hope to see you back very soon again. In the meanwhile we wish you a safe journey, full of extraordinary experiences.

Warm regards,

UK
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Recently stayed on a overnight hotel stay and parking deal which was very good. However eating in the restaurant I was charged £16 for fish and chips. Now at that price I would expect fresh, flakey and tasty fish. However what I got was frozen, watery and tasteless. Extremely poor.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Whilst it is great to read the parking park & fly deal at the Sheraton Heathrow was good value, we are very sorry that you didn’t enjoy our fish and chips. At The Orchard Restaurant we definitely aim to offer the very best quality to our guest. The fresh cod we use for the fish and chips gets delivered daily, except Sunday and Monday and our chefs prepare it with the utmost care. The fish and chips is, next to the Wagyu burger, one of our best selling items on our menu and we usually get very good comments.

We apologize for the inconvenience and would love to be able convince you of the quality of our dishes, when you come back to the Sheraton Heathrow.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 18 May 2012

One of the best thing about this Sheraton hotel is its location and the international atmosphere. The staff offers great service and are always happy to help, with a smile. The hotel got everything you need; In room dining, restaurant, bar, dry-cleaning - basically everything you need in between flights.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We are happy to read that we meet all your expectations and are especially proud of the good comments you have written about our team. We aim to extend a warm welcome to all our guests and certainly look forward to see you soon again at the Sheraton Heathrow.

Warm regards,

Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
#9 of 12 in West Drayton
3.0 of 5 bubbles 2,448 reviews

Been to Sheraton Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!