“Functional”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
County Galway, Ireland
“Functional”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Small room for a one night stay prior to a flight to the US. Took a long time to check in and was then given incorrect information regarding paying for parking which meant I had to revisit Reception a while later to avoid getting a parking ticket. Room was a bit cold and on the ground floor next to the car park which meant people could see in. The hotel is OK but for one night only.

Stayed April 2014
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear SFWOxford,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read you found our hotel functional and hope to be able to welcome you next time you travel over Heathrow.

Antoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night before my flight and I was seriously disappointed. The rooms are old and noisy, the tv is a throwback from the 80s and my air con didn't work. As it was 11pm I didn't want to ring reception to be told to pack my things and move so I opened the window and persisted but it was still boiling. I paid £18 for a burger and chips that were seriously mediocre. When I complained to the guy at reception he said I should've phoned them to tell them about the air con and they would've moved me. Well when I'm in my pjs and its late I don't really want to be packing up an trudging around the hotel. He said that they were slowly refurbishing the place. well you shouldn't be charging through the nose for rooms you are aware are well below par. The gap between the door and the door jamb was so big the light streaming through it was so bright you really need an eye mask. The noise from the planes is quite loud and you can hear people in the corridor as if they were in your room. I had the sheer bad luck to be surrounded by an Indian family who didn't have a care for anyone else in the hotel and spoke as if they were arguing constantly. My point is that there are some fantastic hotels in the area and for the same price or less you can have a far superior experience. I will be heading back to the Arora next time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Scattie,

We are sorry to read your review. As our team mentioned, we are working on a project to refurbish all guest room areas. We trust it will make the difference. In the meanwhile, should you change your mind and decide to stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any request you may have.

Best regards,
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Excellent room and food in bar was fantastic. The bed was sooo comfortable it was amazing. Main restuarant was a little expensive but food looked good. Upgraded to club lounge with free drinks and snacks well worth it. Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear cooke376,

Thank you for great feedback and excellent review. We are delighted to read your comments and that you took advantage of staying in one of our Sheraton Club rooms, which gave you access to the Sheraton Club lounge and complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here on Fri 11th April 2014, prior to a flight the next day. It was as ever good value for the room and car parking for 24 days, but also a few issues last time appeared to have been sorted, it was clean even the corridor areas, the room was good and more than acceptable and service in the hotel was good. This was particularly in the bar at night, when my wife not being so hungry asked for an appitizer from the restaurant menu and although they initially said they didn't serve it in the bar, they did get it and sorted the charge out, so great. Pretty convienient for terminal 5, more so for getting to it, as a taxi back costs about £15, but thats because were usually too tired to get the shuttle when arriving back. A nice stay and park !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear the_cadmans,

Thank you for your great feedback. Our team aims to provide all our guests a warm welcome and a high level of service. We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found your Hotel and Parking package good value. We look forward welcoming you back next time you travel over Heathrow.

Perth Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I booked a night at this hotel before reading any reviews. After reading Tripadvisor I thought I'd made a big mistake. Fortunately the Sheraton Heathrow turned out to be fine for an overnight stop after a long flight from Australia. It was better than the Sofitel at Gatwick and half the price! Comfortable bed and good bathroom. We had a room service breakfast which met our needs. We paid 69 pounds which I thought was a fair price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Torvie,

Thank you for your friendly feedback. We are happy to read you found your stay at the Sheraton Heathrow good value. We look forward welcoming you back next time you travel over Heathrow.

Budleigh Salterton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before embarking on our holiday to Australia we stayed club level the room was lovely and comfortable and the food in the discovery bar was very nice I had as lovely pizza my wife steak the waiting staff bar staff and concierge were helpful friendly and were all ways smiling shame the receptionist was not the same when we went to bed we had just got to sleep when a dog staying started barking very loudly and woke us up then it was non stop doors banging trolllies up and down corridors all hours of the night we ended up with 3 hours sleep which was not Good when we had a 20 hour flight ahead of us that said the room was lovely most staff very helpful and friendly and I would stay again in the hope that we were just unlucky

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear John B,

Thank you for your friendly feedback, especially about the team. We are sorry to read about your inconvenience with the noise. When staying with us, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our Duty Managers on shift 24 hours a day or to myself directly. We would be happy to be able to make your stay more comfortable.

Looking forward to welcoming you next time you travel over Heathrow.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked this hotel on lastminute.com as a mystery hotel and once we found out it was a Sheraton thought all would be well. Mmmmmmm not really. We'd booked club level also. Our room was functional but nothing special, the bathroom was small and the lip of the bath was so high I had to grab the hand rail on the other side of the bath to get in, I'm a ballet teacher and consider myself quite flexible but my fiancé suffers from Ankylosing Spondylitis so this wasn't great at all for him. There was free wifi but our room was right at the edge of the building so we were out of range and had to go in the corridor to get connected! No bathrobe or slippers either even though they should have been there. The biggest let down was the club lounge, the picture on the website was, in fact, of the corridor outside. The actual lounge was small and seemed a bit of an after thought. In the afternoon there were cold drinks and crisps and in the evening hot snacks and wine. There were other alcoholic drinks available but you had to ask for them so there was no way of knowing what you could have! The saving grace was the breakfast, as it was a Sunday morning it was served in the main restaurant rather than the club lounge and featured a massive selection of food and drink. All in all, I don't think we'll be back, very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Pippa37,

Thank you for your honest feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are sorry to read your comments about the bath tubs and the Club lounge. We are working on a project to improve all guest floor areas. Once completed we trust you will find it makes the difference. We will certainly take into account your observations. Thank you for taking the time to post them. They help us and we trust we will prove to be better host in the future. Also, when staying at the Sheraton Heathrow, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our Duty Manager or to myself directly, we would be happy to help you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
#9 of 12 in West Drayton
3.0 of 5 bubbles 2,444 reviews

Been to Sheraton Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!