“Adequate”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
West Hollywood, California
“Adequate”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The best feature of this hotel is its proximity to London Heathrow airport. For £5, you can catch the airport shuttle (the Hotel Hoppa) and be here in about 10 minutes. It's a very short distance, but the taxi from the airport can cost around £16, simply because the traffic around the airport is often atrocious.
As for the hotel itself, it is adequate. I stayed there last night, and I have stayed there in the past as well. The staff is friendly and competent, and the lobby is quite nice. The beds are nice, the rooms are generally clean, and this hotel usually has a decent price.
To be completely honest, last night my room had a slightly musty smell, and I definitely smelled cigarette smoke, but assumed it was coming from the adjacent room. I was in London for such a short layover, that I didn't bother to complain.
Please note that there is another Sheraton just a very short distance away from this one.
I will probably end up staying here again in the future, if the price is right.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Jonathan V,

Great to read you are taking advantage of the close location of our hotel to the airport terminals. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and especially for the good comments about the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you next time you stop over at Heathrow.

Antoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've only stayed here once for a few nights, and while the reception area is very nice, the corridors and rooms are less so.
The hotel is still plenty clean, so if you find a reasonable price I definitely wouldn't recommend against this hotel, but I've stayed in similarly priced hotels nearby with rooms that just had a nicer feel.
That's not to say you won't get a good night's sleep, and a nice hot and powerful shower because the bed and shower were just right. But sometimes I prefer to have a room where I feel like I could just relax for hours watching tv etc and unfortunately the Sheraton didn't quite tick this box.
Parking is handled quite efficiently, you just give your registration number at reception and their automatic cameras take care of the barriers, so entry/exit as many times as you like is simple and doesn't require keeping hold of one of those pesky tickets.
Check-in was nice and quick, handled very professionally so the service definitely gets a 5*.
If the rooms were modernised a little, and had a slightly better seating area it'd probably take my review all the way from an average to an excellent.

Also, the wifi pricing is quite shocking. If I remember correctly, prices were (approx):
£7 for an hour
£15/day
£70/week

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Paul G,

We are delighted to read you had such a good stay. Great to read especially, that you found the service 5*. We are working on a project to improve all our guest floors. The refurbishment will start later this year and we trust that, once completed you will be able to fully relax and enjoy our rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked this hotel without checking Trip Advisor and was disappointed when I read the recent reviews, so much so that I was going to cancel my stay. However Last Minute.com contacted the Hotel prior to my arrival to raise my concerns. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The entrance is all very grand, the service at check in needs to be addressed however. No one seemed to take the time to just acknowledge we were waiting for a free desk. Check in seemed to be taking ages for some guests. The corridors are all a bit tired but our room was more than adequate for our 2 night stay. Parking was hassle free. Room was clean and bathroom sparkling. Free water and plenty of toiletries and tea/coffee. Bed comfy and air conditioning effective. Shower excellent. Room in a quiet part of the Hotel and we had 2 x undisturbed nights. There is a free bus to the airport about 5 mins away. For avid plane spotters there is the Thistle hotel nearby that has a viewing terrace looking out onto the runway. Free to non guests and they welcome you to enjoy their facilities. They sometimes have a barbeque buffet on the terrace for a mere £15 per head for 3 courses. All in all a very pleasant stay and would recommend to others and stay here myself again.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear tn65,

Thank you for your great review and for taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor. Great to read you enjoyed your room and bathroom and especially our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. We have noted your comments regarding check-in and will be working on that.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you travel to Heathrow and surroundings.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

A renovated lobby doesn't turn a tired hotel into a four star experience. From check-in to check-out I was only in touch with trainees who where very inexperienced but at least nice. The hotel room left a lot to be desired. It was also the first time in years that I had an old CRT Television in the room which made for a very nostalgic TV experience... The non-operational minibar was dirty inside and couldn't be used as a fridge. Definitely the last time that I staid here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear boomerang52,

Thank you for you feedback and taking the time to post it in TripAdvisor. We are working on a project to improve all guest floor areas. It will take into account all the points you have mentioned. It will start later this year and once completed, we trust you will want to stay with us again. In the meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you have any request.

Weston, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is average. The staff is always nice and ready to help but the rooms are older. I think the executive floor is a waste of time and because it is so small, always overcrowded. The food is allright.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Pomerols,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are working on a project to improve all our guest floors, including the Sheraton Club lounge. We trust it will make the difference you are looking for and you will very much enjoy staying at our hotel.

Sitges, Spain
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I arrived at the hotel and went directly to the Gold/Platinum queue. I was the only person queuing there while the were several guests queuing in the general check in. The lady in front finished, I approached the desk and was greeted with "Are you Gold?" Having said "yes" the desk clerk then called over my shoulder to ask if any other customers in the general queue were Gold or Platinum. One traveler said he was Platinum to which the clerk said to me "I'm sorry I need to serve him first". A little irate I asked if I in the wrong queue. "No, but this gentleman is Platinum". "Standing in the wrong queue" I protested. OK I'm English. I'm used to queuing, and if through my impatience in queue, I decide to switch to another lane, I don't expect to then be given priority over another guest. If it's matters that much to the hotel, get a ticketing system. The check in was a farce. " Are you having a good day." I was asked. Well what do you think?
I went to my room on the club floor. An average size for Sheraton, though the clerk told me it was bigger than the average room..because I was a "special" guest. Yep really felt like it.
At the Sheraton group, you should sink into the wonderfully comfortable bed, sink just far enough for support, and not so far because the mattress is old and should have been replaced years ago. Mine was the latter. In the bathroom, the basin had only one temperature...very hot. I turned the grove tap both ways just in case the tubes had got reversed but no cold water. This is a major defect of a hotel for this brand.
I called down for a taxi the following morning. No one answered the phone. This was before I read the other reviews on TP to realize what a mistake I had made in stopping here, fortunately only for one night....and the only night.....ever.

Room Tip: Club floor is on the top. With a flat roof it's hot in summer. Ask to stay on 2nd. The back of t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve B
Dear Steve B,

We are sorry to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are working on a project to renovate all guest floor areas. Your feedback helps us to improve and we trust we will prove to be better hosts in the future.

Best regards,
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here during my recent trip to Copenhagen, and after 9 hours on a plane, and the prospects of another 2 hours at the wee hours of the next morning I was feeling a little run down and in need of some creature comforts and R&R. The room was nice, my favorite part was probably the bathroom amenities: rob, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, oil removal paper, makeup removal pads, a mini loofah. Second best was the coffee/tea service in the rooms. There was a variety of really nice teas, instant coffee, a pot for hot water, and several mugs with a couple of biscuits (British biscuits not American) to go with the tea/coffee as well. The bed was comfortable with several different types of pillows so I could have my choice of firmness which I always appreciate. Let's suffice it to say I was feeling less that human when I arrived, and despite that I only nabbed about 4 hours of sleep when all was said and done because I had some work to take care of, the next morning I felt fully recharged and back to normal, maybe even a little better. I have Gold status so I had to option of free internet while I was there, and I suppose if that option hadn't been present I would have been a little annoyed at not having free internet. So just be careful, if internet is that important to you during your stay, be prepared to pay for it or not have it unless you have SPG Elite status.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Eliza S
Dear Eliza S,

We are delighted you had such a good stay with us and could fully relax and refuel, when at the Sheraton Heathrow. We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you fly over Heathrow.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
#9 of 12 in West Drayton
3.0 of 5 bubbles 2,448 reviews

Been to Sheraton Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!