“Take the Sheraton out of the Heathrow Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Heathrow Hotel

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Brisbane, Australia
“Take the Sheraton out of the Heathrow Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Sorry but this property definitely doesnt live up to the Sheraton brand, we have now stayed here twice purely because of its close proximity to Heathrow airport and both times have been disappointed. The initial rate you see may be cheap but be warned Nothing is included, no free wifi unless you sit in the lobby and thats for only 45 minutes, no free parking although they have a huge parking area and our room this time supposed to be non smoking, reeked of cigarette smoke, not even a bar fridge in the room. The only salvation was the bed which lived up to the normal Sheraton standard

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear penny201411,

Thank you for your feedback. We do offer internet and parking inclusive rates on the hotel's website. Further please take advantage of free Wifi access at the LInk@Sheraton in the lobby, bar and restaurant or as Starwood Preferred SPG Gold or Platinum member throughout the hotel.

The Sheraton Heathrow is 100% non smoking. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for special offers and throughout your stay, should you have any request.

Antoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Enjoyed 1 night. Late check in 10PM. Unfortunately I had to ask for another room since my room was still not done. Nice new room. Litte warm even though I had the air-condition on max, it was still warm. Next time I will override it to VIP SO I can have better sleep. Had late dinner, very good service and food. I had an early flight and had to take the bus 06:03. As a airport hotel, they should consider serving breakfast earlier, at least from 05:30. But overall, a very nice experience. I will try it again next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Jan Erik J,

Thank you for your friendly feedback. Great to read you enjoyed especially your dinner. Please feel free to contact our team of Duty Managers on shift 24 hours a day or myself directly next time you stay with us. We would be happy to find an arrangement, so you can enjoy early breakfast. We do offer coffee and croissant for early birds or our room service team will be able to serve you around the clock.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife and young son for one night before catching a flight. We had to travel a long way to Heathrow so decided it would be best to have a nights sleep in a hotel before catching our flight the next day. Getting to the hotel was very easy - approached on the A4 from Slough - straight there. The reception area is nice, stylish and clean. The staff on reception were friendly and efficient, in fact all the staff we met were very nice and hospitable to us. The lifts are nice and the layout of the hotel is easy to navigate. Got to the room and we were pleasantly impressed. It was clean, had air conditioning (recently stayed at a hotel without it - never again in summer!), nice sized bathroom, and a huge TV! When booking I was told that our little boy would have to share a bed with us, but when got to the room, there was a double and single bed - great. We ate in the restaurant and while not cheap, was very nice food. The bed was comfortable and overall the room had a very nice relaxed feel to it - so found it easy to drift off to sleep (which is often not so easy in hotels). In the morning had breakfast - which was nice though the croissants were not heated (I prefer them warmed up), checked out (simple) got in the car and in 5 minutes was navigating around Heathrow airport.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear Matt M,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Heathrow, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and you took advantage of our Orchard Restaurant, where our chefs use the freshest possible produce. We have taken note of your suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

We look forward welcoming you next time you travel over Heathrow.

West Hollywood, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The best feature of this hotel is its proximity to London Heathrow airport. For £5, you can catch the airport shuttle (the Hotel Hoppa) and be here in about 10 minutes. It's a very short distance, but the taxi from the airport can cost around £16, simply because the traffic around the airport is often atrocious.
As for the hotel itself, it is adequate. I stayed there last night, and I have stayed there in the past as well. The staff is friendly and competent, and the lobby is quite nice. The beds are nice, the rooms are generally clean, and this hotel usually has a decent price.
To be completely honest, last night my room had a slightly musty smell, and I definitely smelled cigarette smoke, but assumed it was coming from the adjacent room. I was in London for such a short layover, that I didn't bother to complain.
Please note that there is another Sheraton just a very short distance away from this one.
I will probably end up staying here again in the future, if the price is right.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Jonathan V,

Great to read you are taking advantage of the close location of our hotel to the airport terminals. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and especially for the good comments about the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you next time you stop over at Heathrow.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've only stayed here once for a few nights, and while the reception area is very nice, the corridors and rooms are less so.
The hotel is still plenty clean, so if you find a reasonable price I definitely wouldn't recommend against this hotel, but I've stayed in similarly priced hotels nearby with rooms that just had a nicer feel.
That's not to say you won't get a good night's sleep, and a nice hot and powerful shower because the bed and shower were just right. But sometimes I prefer to have a room where I feel like I could just relax for hours watching tv etc and unfortunately the Sheraton didn't quite tick this box.
Parking is handled quite efficiently, you just give your registration number at reception and their automatic cameras take care of the barriers, so entry/exit as many times as you like is simple and doesn't require keeping hold of one of those pesky tickets.
Check-in was nice and quick, handled very professionally so the service definitely gets a 5*.
If the rooms were modernised a little, and had a slightly better seating area it'd probably take my review all the way from an average to an excellent.

Also, the wifi pricing is quite shocking. If I remember correctly, prices were (approx):
£7 for an hour

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Paul G,

We are delighted to read you had such a good stay. Great to read especially, that you found the service 5*. We are working on a project to improve all our guest floors. The refurbishment will start later this year and we trust that, once completed you will be able to fully relax and enjoy our rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked this hotel without checking Trip Advisor and was disappointed when I read the recent reviews, so much so that I was going to cancel my stay. However Last Minute.com contacted the Hotel prior to my arrival to raise my concerns. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The entrance is all very grand, the service at check in needs to be addressed however. No one seemed to take the time to just acknowledge we were waiting for a free desk. Check in seemed to be taking ages for some guests. The corridors are all a bit tired but our room was more than adequate for our 2 night stay. Parking was hassle free. Room was clean and bathroom sparkling. Free water and plenty of toiletries and tea/coffee. Bed comfy and air conditioning effective. Shower excellent. Room in a quiet part of the Hotel and we had 2 x undisturbed nights. There is a free bus to the airport about 5 mins away. For avid plane spotters there is the Thistle hotel nearby that has a viewing terrace looking out onto the runway. Free to non guests and they welcome you to enjoy their facilities. They sometimes have a barbeque buffet on the terrace for a mere £15 per head for 3 courses. All in all a very pleasant stay and would recommend to others and stay here myself again.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
Dear tn65,

Thank you for your great review and for taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor. Great to read you enjoyed your room and bathroom and especially our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. We have noted your comments regarding check-in and will be working on that.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you travel to Heathrow and surroundings.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

A renovated lobby doesn't turn a tired hotel into a four star experience. From check-in to check-out I was only in touch with trainees who where very inexperienced but at least nice. The hotel room left a lot to be desired. It was also the first time in years that I had an old CRT Television in the room which made for a very nostalgic TV experience... The non-operational minibar was dirty inside and couldn't be used as a fridge. Definitely the last time that I staid here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear boomerang52,

Thank you for you feedback and taking the time to post it in TripAdvisor. We are working on a project to improve all guest floor areas. It will take into account all the points you have mentioned. It will start later this year and once completed, we trust you will want to stay with us again. In the meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you have any request.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sheraton Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!