“Rude staff ruin a lovely hotel.”

Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Rude staff ruin a lovely hotel.”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Had the staff had any kind of customer service skills this would have been a five star review. The hotel is stunning once inside and we were thrilled to find that our room was lovely, clean, comfortable and well equipped.

We were at a conference and the gala dinner food was ok but we had to wait 45 minutes from finishing our starter to being served our mains. Then as it finally came I found myself needing the bathroom, I ate a few mouthfuls, left the table for a few minutes, came back to find my dinner had been taken away. I checked with my colleagues and the staff had not asked anyone if this was finished with.

Breakfast was ok, not a great range but we found something and on the second morning amused ourselves watching the staff have an argument in full view of us. (2 gentlemen)

The bars are poorly manned and even though we were using a function room with a bar I found it quicker to walk round to the lobby bar to get a drink. Drinks seemed expensive so upon checking my receipt I was flabbergasted to find we were tipping the bar staff! I tip for table service but why would I tip someone who poured me a drink without even a smile?! This is a disgusting practice and I have to question if it's legal to take a charge from someone without letting them know unless they look at their receipt. I feel this hotel is taking advantage of wealthy business people and travellers.

If the staff could be trained in customer service and maybe asked to smile every now and again this would be a great hotel.

Wifi is free and even worked in our room although went off a few times. If you're lucky you will get a great view of the planes taking off and landing. Car parking was also free.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Darshy

Thank you for posting a TripAdvisor review following your recent stay at the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

Whilst on the whole I was delighted you enjoyed the event you attended at the hotel, I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding the service provided by the bar staff - as with all TripAdvisor reviews I will of course share your experience with the bar team and know they will be equally concerned they did not provide the interaction and warmth they should have done. Clearly this needs to be a focus area and I will certainly have my Food and Beverage Manager concentrate on this over the next few weeks.

Despite the above mentioned I hope you will not be deterred from returning to the Park Inn on a future occasion and hope at that time you will see a marked improvement in the standard of service offered by the bar team.

Nick Campbell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here one night prior to an early morning flight out of Heathrow. The reception area was spacious and clean but our room was very small with only one double bed and one rack for one suitcase so we really didnt have much room. There was a TV and a desk and a built in open wardrobe. Bathrooom was fine with a shower over a bath and basic toiletrie
We ate in the restaurant , meals were good but a bit pricey as were the drinks
.Breakfast was buffet style and there was a good choice

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Brandylady

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review the hotel following your recent stay .

I was delighted to learn everything was to your satisfaction and hope you will continue to use the hotel on many occasions into the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

When i stayed here I found the room to be very clean, spacious, and comfortable

The breakfast had loads of variety and was all very tasty.

Surprisingly with the proximity of the airport, I couldnt hear any aircraft. admittedly the room i had was on the side of the hotel furthest away from the airport

Wifi was free but not very good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ravenuk2

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the hotel.

I was pleased to learn you had a good stay and of course have noted your comments concerning the WiFi not being very good – I am delighted to advise the WiFi has been very recently upgraded and probably now offers the best WiFi at Heathrow!

I hope you will consider returning to the hotel next time you are needing a room at Heathrow.

Lincolnshire
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Really quite an unpleasant stay. "Shabby" just about sums it up. Rooms - air con not working, rattling windows, not the cleanest hotel room we have stayed in. Not easy to sleep. Food was very poor - roast beef very stringy and gristly. Service lack lustre. Car park (as park of park and fly) was HUGE and it was difficult to find spaces. Many entrance doors didnt work.
We wont be back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Sally-Ann56

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete a TripAdvisor review following your recent stay at the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

Clearly you did not have a good stay and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the points you have highlighted in more detail, I note you did stay some months ago and I am delighted to say that the hotel has just undergone a complete upgrade of the bedroom air conditioning, however I would still like to understand in more detail the other problems you experienced.

I hope you will reconsider your decision not to return as I am confident your experience on this occasion were not typical and you will have a more positive stay on a future occasion.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for overnight stay. I had a snack in the lounge which was good.atmosphere also pleasant in the lounge. Check in was a bit slow. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room and a bottle of water which was appreciated.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear KarenM

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review following your recent stay at the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

I was very pleased to learn you had a good stay and hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel should you need a hotel at Heathrow on a future occasion.

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Got this hotel from my travel company Archers . Stayed one night before our flight to Sumatra. Part of the deal, you could park your car free. Took awhile to find it plenty of roads around her, but now I know where it is " the road to Term 1&3, it's not a problem. Very handy hotel, with swimming pool, we took advantage, also has a swim costume dryer, very handy. Had a bar meal & beer, for the evening, this was adequate. Cooked well & presented ok, staff were very helpful. Caught the Hoppa bus to Term 4, takes 1/2 hour, runs on time. Picked the car up 20 days latter, no problems. This was a good choice for an airport hotel, rooms clean & comfortable.

Room Tip: Book your Hoppa tickets on line, for your trip to all terminals. Cheaper & guarnteed
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Bernie S

I appreciate you completing a review following your stay at the hotel.

I was pleased you found everything to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed the Health and Fitness Club.

I hope you pick the hotel again should you need to stay at a hotel next time you fly from Heathrow.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Lovely location, spacious rooms and fantastic breakfast.
Enjoyed our stay very much all underground stations nearby.
Rooms were clean and fresh.
Television channels a bit limited but ok.
Bathroom had bath with overhead shower which was not powerful.
Room had trouser press and a fantastic iron.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Badboy03

Thank you for your review.

I hope you will stay again next time you need a room at Heathrow.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow

Property: Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Address: Bath Road | London Borough of Hillingdon, West Drayton UB7 0DU, England (Formerly Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Greater London > West Drayton
#6 Luxury Hotel in West Drayton
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow 4*
Conveniently situated at London's Heathrow airport- The worlds busiest International airport -and adjacent to London's major motorway networks M4/M25, Park Inn Heathrow is also close to all the excitement of central London, which is just 15 minute train ride away on the Heathrow Express. Park Inn Heathrow is ideally located near Stockley Park Business Centre, Bedfont lakes, Windsor and Maidenhead. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Rezidor, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Park Inn London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
Park Inn West Drayton
Heathrow Park Inn
Park Inn Heathrow
Heathrow Le Meridien
Park Inn By Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow West Drayton, Greater London