Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was put up here by my employer as I was attending a seminar taking place here. I would never choose this hotel. The reasons for this are:

- The facilities are poor - the rooms are small and appear to be designed for travellers staying only for a night - no wardrobe, no bedside drawer, no bath or even a decent shelf for toiletries, fixed TV that can only be viewed from a certain part of the bed, etc. The paint is peeling at places, the carpet peeling off the wall. Some of my colleagues were put up in rooms with no curtains!

- Poor insulation - the hotel is next to the runway; yet there is no noise insulation - the "double glazing" is two single panes a foot apart with no seal whatsoever. DO NOT stay at this hotel if you are a light sleeper.

- Rude front of office staff - the concierge, at the rare times he was available, came across as rude and unenthusiastic. There is apparently a bell boy to help with luggage as I saw the luggage trolleys in the lobby but since he was not available and no help was offered when we checked in, I cannot comment on it. The check-in staff were abrupt and not welcoming at all. When the keycards stopped working halfway through my stay, they were particularly unhelpful, even trying to suggest that it was somehow my fault.

- Expensive - I didn't realise, until I wanted to book an extra night at the end of my seminar how expensive this place was! It costs way more than Holiday Inn, Renaissance, Marriot or the Radison Edwardian, which are all next door and from visits to common areas in these other hotels(lobbies, restaurants, etc), I can say are much better that the Park Inn. They must offer a great corporate rate in order to survive in this kind of competition but then to offer a ridiculously high rack rate to a corporate client who has already stayed for 7 days was poor customer service.

To balance this review out, , here are some of the good things:

- The staff - apart from the front office, the rest of them were quite good. The housekeeping staff, in particular, were excellent, servicing the room out of schedule to accommodate the irregular hours of my seminar. This included meeting late night demands for an extra blanket, early morning demands for extra coffee, etc, all with a smile.

- The room - although the room was nothing to write home about, the overhead rain shower was nice and refreshing.

- The gym - well equipped for a hotel gym. The swimming pool is 15mx11m and 1.5m deep throughout which is good for laps. The jacuzzi has powerful jets and there is a sauna in the changing room.

Overall a hotel of poor quality and value, one best avoided especially considering the options available in the area. As an experienced traveler and reviewer, I always try to prevent individual incidents affect the general nature of my review but in this case the inconveniences and annoyances were just too many to ignore, hence my "terrible" rating.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Stylish30

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

Firstly, I was sorry to read there were a number of points which detracted from you having a great stay; from your description I can easily work out that you stayed in wing 3 and was surprised about your comment about the room being small, rooms in wing 3 are 27 sqm which is a good sized hotel bedroom. These rooms are shower only and as you described have a very powerful rain shower, I can’t excuse some of the maintenance issues you have mentioned - although I am delighted to inform you these rooms will be undergoing a refurbishment shortly when the shortcomings you have described will be picked up.

I must categorically state your colleagues did not stay in rooms without curtains! Again I can easily work out where they stayed in the hotel – either in wing 1 or 2 – these rooms have electronic black out blinds along with net curtains – I have to be honest some guest love the complete black out facility and others don’t.

The hotel bedrooms are double glazed and I must point out for the benefit of readers the hotel is not next to the run way – it is nearby and noise from aircraft heard in bedrooms is extremely limited but I do accept the point if you are a light sleeper you may well hear them. The service you received from Front Office and Concierge was clearly far from acceptable and obviously added to your disappointment – I will certainly share your comments with the Front Office Manager and in turn know he will use these comments to demonstrate to his team how important it is to display the right attitude and give good service.

I am very disappointed the rate you were originally booked was not simply rolled over for the additional night you stayed, without knowing the circumstances I cannot make proper comments and I am very sorry this was not done.

On a more positive note thank you for balancing your review with the comments where your expectations were met and hope that should you be staying at the airport on a future occasion you will try the hotel again, and of course hope you will have a much better experience.

Nick Campbell

Write a ReviewReviews (3,146)

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had a double room for one night, check in was swift and was a very simple process.

The hotel was clean, comfortable and our room was large with an average sized bathroom.

We did have a few problems with the telephone which is situated in the bathroom as it was really easy to knock it of its holder when entering.

We did hear some aircraft noises from about 5.30am onwards but not that bad really.

We really liked the power blackout blinds, ideal for those suffering from Jetlag. The bar was also a nice place to relax, but very expensive.

It would have been cheaper to walk the 2 minutes to the local Co-op store and purchase all your drinks and sandwiches there.

1  Thank WeWantAnotherHoliday
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Wewantanotherholiday

Thank you for reviewing the Park Inn Hotel and Conference Centre London Heathrow following your recent stay.

I was delighted to learn you had a good stay and enjoyed the hotel's recently refurbished lounge and bar area – unfortunately the hotel's prices cannot compete with the local Co-op but I understand your sentiment.

I hope next time you require accommodation at the airport you will return to the Park Inn.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Park inn Heathrow chipped cups for breakfast, asked for apple juice got tomato juice!!!! Dirty fridge clothes hooks in bathroom broken off, dirty bin, dirty window sills 30 minutes to check in avoid at your peril

Room Tip: Just avoid the entire hotel

Dear DarrenP

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

Clearly a very poor stay and I am sorry you obviously did not experience the hotel at anywhere near its best, please accept my apologies for such a disappointment.

I have of course noted the points you have raised and will action where possible, whilst not knowing which room you occupied I will certainly ensure my Executive Housekeeper will use your review and add these points to her departments key focus area’s – I of course realise reacting after the event does not make up for a poor stay.

I hope you will try the hotel again on a future occasion, I am confident your experience this time was not typical and next time your faith in the hotel will be restored.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had a twin room for one night with 8 nights parking included...we booked this via last minute.com secret hotels for a fantastic price and were pleased with the hotel when it was revealed after booking. The hotel was clean, comfortable and our room was large with a good sized bathroom and facilities. The hopper bus to the Heathrow terminals stopped directly outside the hotel entrance and was every 15 minutes. The car was parked securely in the hotel car park and on return from our holiday after being dropped off by the hopper bus again, we could just drive away without checking out the car.
The only gripe was that after a long flight and being jetlagged we wanted a cup of coffee in the hotel lounge prior to leaving. The female staff member serving the coffee was aware that we had been waiting there for a while, however, she completely ignored us and served groups of men,who arrived after us. She told us that she had to serve them first? In total we were
waiting there for about 20 minutes before we gave up.
We found this very rude and unnecessary and this poor service spoilt an otherwise good impression of this hotel. Perhaps some staff members need to brush up on their customer service skills !!
I would have given this hotel a higher rating had it not been for this member of staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear DebF

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay at the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

I was of course delighted to read you had a good stay but very disappointed you did not receive better service in the hotels Lounge Bar. I will certainly use your comments to highlight to the Lounge team the importance of always delivering high standard of service and the effect poor service has on the overall quality of the guest stay – I really appreciate you mentioning this.

I hope next time you are travelling from Heathrow you will use the hotel again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

stayed here prior to flying out to Canada. room was spotless and modern. hotel was clean and very efficient. ideally placed for the airport and secured a great deal with hotel and 14 days parking for less than £90!! no complaints at all here and would definitely re use this hotel

1  Thank Andy C

Dear AndyC

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Park Inn Hotel and Conference Centre London Heathrow.

I was of course delighted to read that everything was to your satisfaction and hope you will use the hotel again on many occasions in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Needed somewhere to stay for a morning flight and I booked it through CSMA after checking in their holiday page and I went for this one as it was just over £200 for two rooms and parking Tues PM to 0900 Mon which seemed good value. Getting and finding the Hotel is very easy.The parking element was not at the Hotel but at Term 1 & 3 long term which is not that much of problem as it is about 10-15 min drive from the hotel which took me nearly 30 min as the car parks are not sign posted so missed the turning and had to go a fair bit to a roundabout to double back, so got there eventualy.
The Hotel it's self is big with a big reception come bar eating area but it was nice.check-in was straight forward and the rooms were a decent size and reasonably quiet considering the closeness to the runway.We all went down for a bite to eat and it was very good food and the service was very good as well.For an overnight it was very good value for money.If you park at the Hotel it's really close to the Terminal with a coach transfer available, so would consider it again when the need arises to overnight at Heathrow

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravellingTrog
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Overnight to New York

Dear TravellingTrog

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete a TripAdvisor review following your recent stay at the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

I was delighted to learn you found everything to your satisfaction and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Convenient to get to Heathrow or parts of Middlesex (and into Kingston), this hotel was perfect for what I needed. I used Club Carlson points at a very reasonable rate and upon check-in, was given a free upgrade. My room was spacious and pristine. Breakfast buffet is comprehensive and pool/hot tub is a nice touch, though often crowded with kids. The only annoying thing is that it takes an exorbitantly long amount of time for the room door to fully close, but, truly, that was the least of the issues. Would recommend it highly!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank colleo

Dear Colleo

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Park Inn Hotel & Conference London Heathrow.

I will see if I can work out from your ‘tag’ which room you may have stayed in and will then have the door closer adjusted – while I was pleased to read you were clearly aware of the importance of making sure your door was properly closed, I appreciate you highlighting your frustration at the speed it shut.

I was of course delighted you would recommend the hotel and hope you will be back before too long!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Novotel London Heathrow
Novotel London Heathrow
#5 of 12 in West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow

Address: Bath Road | London Borough of Hillingdon, West Drayton UB7 0DU, England (Formerly Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Greater London > West Drayton
#6 Luxury Hotel in West Drayton
Price Range: £49 - £117 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow 4*
Conveniently situated at London's Heathrow airport- The worlds busiest International airport -and adjacent to London's major motorway networks M4/M25, Park Inn Heathrow is also close to all the excitement of central London, which is just 15 minute train ride away on the Heathrow Express. Park Inn Heathrow is ideally located near Stockley Park Business Centre, Bedfont lakes, Windsor and Maidenhead. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Rezidor, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Park Inn London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
Park Inn West Drayton
Heathrow Park Inn
Park Inn Heathrow
Heathrow Le Meridien
Park Inn By Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow West Drayton, Greater London