“Grotbags Lair”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Drayton
Travelodge Heathrow Airport
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Grotbags Lair”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

The hotel lobby fools you into thinking that you have got a bargain, as its very bright and clean.
The truth hits when you open your room door and the aroma of old stuffy popcorn hits you between the eyes.
This experience only got better. The bed was soft, pillows couldn,t support a tennis ball, and the shower still contained hairs from the last occupant.
Buyer beware, it is very cheap, but you only get what you pay for, and in their defence, I think this hotel is used so frequently that it would be difficult to keep it fresh.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank pamelamorris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Midlands
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Stayed here having booked in advance for our evening prior to fyling from Heathrow to pick up a cruise in Miami.
It was cheap after all £29 for a night and I've stayed at Travel Inns and paid this and been very happy, But with this hotel you really do get what you pay for.
Vending machine city and microwave dinners from the restaurant, which had plastic chairs and were as uncomfortable as hell.
As for the beds, soggy was the only word I can use and the room would have been nice if it had been hoovered before our arrival.
The carpet was stained, as was the bed/settee that we were supposed to sit on.
Uck, not my cup of tea at all, but if you're not too fussy then I guess you really do get what you pay for. I've learned my lesson however, I've booked the Radisson Edwardian for our next trip!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Hstephens
lincoln
Reviewed 17 December 2010

huge disappointment, we normally stay at the Premier Inn, further up Bath Road, but this worked out a little cheaper- i'll pay the extra next time

The reception staff are unhelpful, and the reception area is VERY basic, with old worn out fittings and vending machines everywhere, one of the lifts was out of order, leaving ONE working liff for the whole hotel. The rooms are furnished like a hostel.

I'd try another hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gdanger
Peron, France
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I was allocated to stay at the Travel Lodge by BA when Heathrow was fogged in and thousands of passengers were stranded there. So I had a voucher and did not pay. Except for drinks.
Check in was efficient enough with two people checking us in. But when someone asked for a wake up call we were told that the rooms did not have phones and there were no alarm clocks available. The receptionist reminded the older women that this was a budget hotel and she should use her cell phone which of course she did not have. Although we were stranded passengers we were not offered a toothbrush or razor. I asked about buses to the airprt and was told that the bus that left our hotel only went to terminals 1,2 &3. For four and five we had to go over the road to a Ramada Hotel. But they did not have a schedule. Only one of the two computers in the checkin area was working and the printer which passengers needed to print boarding passes was out of order.

The room was clean and fairly quiet. The bed was low and soft with two reasonable pillows. I was able to switch the central heating off as the room was over heated. Bathroom clean but basic..

We were given a choice of four dishes for dinner. I chose fish and chips which were OK. There was also a chicken salad, a lassagna and something else forgettable. Orders were taken at the bar where we were charged for drinks. No Amex accepted.
Checkout in the morning was quick and easy.
So a forgettable night that could have been better with just a little attention to service.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank laings
England
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Having stayed in the Sheffield site a few weeks ago I was not to sure about using Travelodge again because it was filthy.

The Heathrow hotel has put the faith back into this company.

The rooms ( I had 4 rooms booked ) were all spotless & everything was fresh .

I know these are budget hotels but even so they should be clean & this one was very clean.

There is a bar & restaurant on site but we only used the bar which was ok.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
england
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Stayed one night prior to a flight. Car park was over full and was told by one staff member to park in the disabled spaces. Checked with another who found me another spot. Room comfortable but had to make up third bed ourselves. Also only two large towels despite booking three adults! Good nights sleep and you can't complain for the price.

• Stayed August 2010
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stayed at thiis travelodge with our two children on our way abroad and enjoyed a nice clean comfortable stay. We had less towels despite a family room booked.
The food was standard and not highly priced, i enjoyed the fries shrimps ther were delicious combined with salad and a sweet chilli dip.
My kids loved the cmfort and enjoyed looking at the planes from our room which was a good view. The noise was expected but did not disturb us one bit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Travelodge Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!