“Conveniently close to Heathrow (travel tips included)”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Jersey,CI,UK
“Conveniently close to Heathrow (travel tips included)”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel is located adjacent to terminal 5 but NOT at the building. If you want this, then your choices are likely to be £200 per night. This hotel is a fraction of the cost, provides an excellent service and convenient facilities.

I stayed at this hotel on the evening prior to departure and was dropped off at the hotel by car. There are a number of options available to you in connecting with Heathrow_
i) private taxi - expensive
ii) hotel shuttle - £4.50 pp each way
iii) public transport - there is a bus stop outside the hotel (opposite side of road). The bus takes 5-10 minutes, makes only 2 stops and was FREE!!! Not sure if I met a generous driver, however the cost of a single fare would have only been £1.40 in any event.

In my opinion, this is one of the best hotels at Heathrow T5.

Room Tip: Always ask a member of staff for particular rooms (facing airport etc) as the computer automatically...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank UK-Stu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 days. Had breakfast, it was great, but maybe some more bread, like petit pain.

No noise from Heathrow. WiFi was good at my room. Staff was great and gave any help if you needed it.

Definately will stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Despite the difficulty of finding the hotel near Terminal 5 due to the perimeter road having many obstacles and no where to park the car on arrival to unpack luggage the hotel was comfortable and quiet. I was unlucky to have a trainee receptionist who was left on her own and English was not her first language so had difficulty understanding her and she had difficulty understanding how to say the sterling currency. So another colleague who was in the middle of serving her guest had to explain what the trainee said. I was exhausted by the time the process of booking in was carried out. (Not helped by the long journey on the M25 & I already had a headache). If I travel from Terminal 5 again I would stay at this Premier Inn. I enjoyed the evening meal and breakfast. The room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The most positive thing about this hotel is location. I might also add; the ONLY positive thing.

I stayed here with my wife and 12-year old son for 1 night before catching a connecting flight to to U.S. When you arrive a bit late in the evening, feeling a bit tired at a hotel it doesn't actually take much to give a very good impression. All one needs is a quick check in, a clean room and a quiet night, before getting up early the next morning to go back to the airport. When I tried to check in using the check-in machine it didn't recognize my bookingnumber, my name or even my creditcard number. So I waited in a long queue to speak to one of the people at the desk. He couldn't find my reservation anywhere, apparently. He checked the computers, checked the list of people dew to check in that evening and couldn't find me, even though I was standing with my reciept in my hand. Finally, after a very tedious wait for my family, he found my reservation anyway (I was starting to think I had maybe made a very big mistake in my booking or something). Over half an hour to check in to a hotel is just not acceptable.

The room was fine. Very quiet. I don't know what the beds were made of. Certainly not matresses. I'm guessing a big slab of concrete. No matress can be that hard.

Next morning we left early to catch our flight. So, overall I was not impressed with this hotel. I understand that this probably doesn't happen very often - we were just unlucky.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lachde
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Was going to be a simple one night stay before leaving early the next day. Our flight was cancelled and the staff were very helpful in booking us in for an extra day, even though they had to rearrange other guests so we could stay in the same room.
We found cheap hotel rates on the British Airways website... £41, much cheaper than the £111 we were charged for the extra night which we will claim back from the airline for the cancelled flight.
Parked out on the street right out the front of the hotel which was free between 5pm and 9am, saving the £12 hotel parking.
Good clean rooms, good restaurant and breakfast (not included in hotel price though). Very good for £41... overpriced maybe for £111

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TheLock
Riffa, Bahrain
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The hotel is very good , clean and comfortable. The restaurant was very good also they had nice food but one of the restaurant staff was little rode he was a white tall man. I stayed there for one night on july 7 before leaving uk

• Stayed July 2013
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband, toddler, and I stayed here for 1 night before catching an early flight out of the UK.

The GOOD:
The rooms were clean and modern, the bed comfortable, and it had most things we needed.
The staff were helpful, and the place was very quiet despite it being so close to the airport.
The restaurant was good too, especially the kids meals which allowed you to customise their menu choices - ideal if you have fussy eaters!!

The NOT GREAT:
There was no fridge in the room, to keep bub's milk cold. We ended up standing it in cold water in the bathroom sink overnight.
As another reviewer pointed out, it is not walking distance from the airport, so we caught a taxi which was about £15, because we couldn't be stuffed messing about with buses with 2 large suitcases, a buggy, and a toddler. But we knew this in advance.

Overall, great value for money, very efficient, good for what it is, and I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel? Share your experiences!