The hotel is economically priced for the location and view of the planes landing. Terminal 5 this is the must place to stay, on your onward journey. The personal POD is a great way to get their total automation at its best, very convenient, ok there's a cost but try it and you'll see it was worth it. It's also useful for getting into Central London for shows and nightlife, hop on the POD, and then hop on the tube.
I say the people hotel, because you will be well looked after by the staff, the reception are very helpful with information and the bar and restaurant are fun and fabulous people, to name some great people I came across Nemal, Divari, Shival, Elena, Rasan, and yogav to tell you the truth their so many and they're all kind and helpful. The evening meal and bar experience is also a great, and to name some of the great staff that work there Dwayne, Eddy, Balaji,and Imitaz, there are some that I can't remember the names but found them equally helpful. Each of these guys have a unique character, their smart, quick witted and very friendly, I feel staff like this are a big asset to the hotel.
All the staff kitchen, bar, and restaurant are all extremely hard working and put in so much, even Halifax's people who deserve extra don't compare. These guys deserve the best in their jobs with all the benefits they can get. They make the hotel what it is. :)
Some things which I thought could be an improvement for me. Is music in the bar on non-match days, and resolve noise and reception on the TV's, it only happens occasionally but can be
annoying. I found the toilet is too close the wall in my room, can't say what other rooms were like.
The prices of the snack and drink at the cafe bar in the lounge I thought are expensive for my liking, the bar & restaurant prices are relative to the location.
The room itself is great for the price, has everything one needs. although there's a air conditioning in the room, I thought the window could open for fresh air in my room, just as a choice, some people may not mind the airplane noise.
The hotel management take the time to listen and are very understanding, they listen to the customer and staff needs alike.
For longer stays onsite Gym and Pool would be nice, but there's a nearby health club, literally down the road.
One is made to feel very welcome at the The Peoples Hotel (The Thistle London Heathrow)
Go check it out on your next trip out! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to all terminals, with direct access to Terminal 5 via the eco friendly Ultra POD network in 7 minutes. As well as boasting spectacular views of the northern runway and architectural splendor of terminal 5 from the hotel restaurant, terrace and bar. The Thistle London Heathrow is the ideal place to unwind whether you are flying off early or arriving late at night. Also because we're close to central London Thistle London Heathrow is a perfect venue for business meetings and other events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thistle London Heathrow Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle London Heathrow West Drayton
- Thistle Heathrow
- Thistle London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton, Greater London