Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Novotel London Heathrow(West Drayton)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
Harmondsworth Hall(West Drayton)
US$119
2,932 results
All reviewsheathrow podpod serviceplanes landingrunway viewan overnight staycar parkingleave your carsat navdays parkingbar and restaurantflying from heathrowterminaldriverlesshoppatube
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I've stayed in a number of hotels around Heathrow airport and decided to try this one given both the location and the way you can reach it quickly using the Pods. Turns out that travelling in a Pod was probably one of the better experiences. On walking from the Pod station to the hotel, you see a grim looking set of buildings. The hotel reception is much better, shiny and looks relatively modern, but then the corridors and the room itself takes you back in time. I had a ground floor room. Just opening it was tricky. The rooms are fairly small and the bathroom is tiny. One major problem for me with the bed was the pillows - very firm and very large, so not good for those that need to sleep a little flatter. Despite being very close to the airport's northern runway, there is relatively little aircraft noise in the rooms, due to the double glazing used. One issue there though is that net curtains have been placed between the panes of glass, so there is no way of seeing anything out of the window and feels more like being in a box. There is, howver, plenty of noise from within the hotel as the internal walls appear to be paper thin.
My main issue was with the bathroom. Very dated and I really don't like the idea of towels, including those to be used on the face, being stored on top of a fairly low toilet cistern.
Service was ok, just seem to be understaffed as it took a while to check-in, and although I checked out early (so did not get to sample beakfast) there was only one person on the desk. Have to say the check-in and out process was very efficient though.
They do have an interesting bar and restaurant area on the first floor, with very clear views of Heathrow, and in particular terminal 5. I sat outside on the terrace with a beer for a bit, which was very pleasant until it became the smoking terrace. Fair enough the smokers need somewhere to go though.
Overall, it's cheaper than most places near to Heathrow, but much lower quality, so you have to balance those desires.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MarkP39
Michael H, Manager at Thistle London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thanks for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed most of your stay. The POD is helping our guest reach T5 quicker than ever. We are currently working through a period of redecoration on all bedrooms.

We look for to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed one night between flights - arriving late and leaving early.
It took 30 minutes including waiting, for the bus to take me from the terminal to the hotel. You have to pay nearly £5 for the bus. I waited 15 in the queue to check in. By now it was 11.05 and I could not then get a hot meal as service stopped at 11pm. I could not even get room service. I was able to buy a pre-packed salad and sandwich like from a petrol station. There are no other places to eat nearby.
I was leaving early (5.30am) for an early flight connection but the hotel could not provide breakfast - not even a pre-packed continental. The booking had been done to include breakfast and I could not get a refund.
For an airport hotel I cannot understand why they do not provide services for people arriving late or leaving early - surely this is one of the main reasons for staying here?
The room was clean and OK, but the corridors are long, dingy and depressing.
The best part of the experience was the Pod transport direct to Terminal 5 from the carpark - I bought the ticket from the hotel.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for you recent comments.

I am sorry you didn’t enjoy all of your stay. I was disappointed you didn’t get any breakfast. We do offer a boxed breakfast for those guests who are departing before the restaurant opens at 6.00am.

I am glad that you found the POD a useful addition to our facilities.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is very close to the airport. You can even see landing-strip when having breakfast :) But it's very hard to get to your room with terrible stairs especially if you have 1 or more suitcases. Long corridors. Room pictures on internet differs from what it is in real. The rooms are tiny and smells bad. But staff is very friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Breakfast is ok.
Very comfortable hotel for one night.

Room Tip: I think they all are the same :D
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Michael H, Manager at Thistle London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Many thanks for you posted comments.

I am pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the view of the airport and planes landing over breakfast. We are working towards fitting a lift into the hotel and part of this project is a bridge to connect all parts of the building.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle London Heathrow hotel where i can assure your stay gets my personal attention.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Very reasonable price for convenience before flying out early morning. Room adequate with lots of hot water. Very quiet even though we were so near to runway and bed very comfortable. Evening meal fair and service very slow. We asked for an early call but it never came, luckily we were awake.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, Manager at Thistle London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Many thanks for you comments.

I am pleased the hotel worked well for you, it’s really important that your stay represented value for money. Now we have increased our wifi speed so it’s superfast all over the hotel for free.

I hope you had the opportunity to watch the planes landing on the northern runway at breakfast; this is one of the hotels best features. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle London Heathrow hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We regularly stay in the Heathrow area as a base for London and have used this hotel many times over the past year. Check in was a very pleasant experience from one of the male receptionists (very different from previous times with a surly female one!) and we had a room with a view of T5. Yes the room is small but it was very clean with one of the most comfortable beds we have had in a hotel.The only issue is the toilet is so close to the wall and there was some black mould on the sealer around the bath.
We had dinner in the restaurant which was really good value as we were able to use our taste card as well
Breakfast was also nice with a good selection of hot and cold food
Looking forward to next time

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review.

Your mention of the service being excellent is most welcome. I will make sure this is passed onto all the front line staff members. The corridors are being renovated next, starting with new carpets throughout by the end of May this year.

Check out the thistle website direct and take advantage of out best rate guarantee and online check facility. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle London Heathrow hotel soon.