I arrived at Heathrow Terminal 5 by Underground and, as advised on the Thistle Hotel website, I followed signs for 'local buses' and caught the 423 from Stop 6. The bus is free, comes every 20 to 30 minutes and took no more than ten minutes to reach a bus stop close to the hotel. This hotel is not attractive from the outside at all. However, Thistle seem to have made the best they can from the interior. Apart from the inevitable housekeeping trollies, the hotel appeared to be well maintained, clean and tidy. Two staff were at the Reception on my arrival, serving other clients. A third member of staff opened another service point and called me over. Check in was swift and efficient. My room seemed quite a walk away, down one long corridor and then another. When I reached the room it turned out that it had not been serviced so I set off back to Reception. Again, a few clients were being served ahead of me, however the staff member who had checked me in noticed I was back and asked if there was problem. He apologised and gave me a new room and took me to it. The room was nicely fitted and did not feel overly 'tired' like some airport hotels. The bathroom and bedroom felt clean, however some of the grouting around the tiles in the bathroom had blackened but not to an unacceptable standard. I did not have a lot of luggage with me and the room would have been a bit small if I had had two large suitcases. However, it was perfectly comfortable with good décor as well as an ironing board, iron and hair dryer. The hotel has a great viewing terrace outside the restaurant and bar which over looks the end of the runway and across to Terminal 5. I ate in the bar and the staff were friendly and attentive. The food was pretty good and some thought had gone into the presentation. There were also large televisions in the bar, but nothing compared to the excellent view of the inbound aircraft going past just outside! I caught the 423 bus again in the morning back to Terminal 5, however it is possible to use the new Heathrow 'Pod' from the hotel, for £5. The driverless 'Pod' takes you Terminal 5 in under 5 minutes. This hotel is perfectly comfortable and at £70.80 for room only, good value. I was pleasantly surprised. I felt relaxed there and would be happy to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to all terminals, with direct access to Terminal 5 via the eco friendly Ultra POD network in 7 minutes. As well as boasting spectacular views of the northern runway and architectural splendor of terminal 5 from the hotel restaurant, terrace and bar. The Thistle London Heathrow is the ideal place to unwind whether you are flying off early or arriving late at night. Also because we're close to central London Thistle London Heathrow is a perfect venue for business meetings and other events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thistle London Heathrow Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle London Heathrow West Drayton
- Thistle Heathrow
- Thistle London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton, Greater London