“Cheap”

Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is in dire need of a renovation. From the outside it looks like an industrial building and inside is not much better.
The rooms were basic but did have a hair dryer and safe. The bed was a double.
The on site restaurant was a let down. Rather rude staff and poor quality food. Avoid and go to the a McDonalds over the road.
If you are after somewhere really cheap and don't care much about quality Thistle is the one.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, Manager at Thistle London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2014

Thank you for you recent comments.

I am sorry you didn’t enjoy all of your stay. Next time you are considering staying the area, please look at the thistle website direct and take advantage of our best rate guarantee and free online check in.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,719)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Have stayed here a couple of times as it is very convenient for Terminal 5 Heathrow. Check in was quick and efficient, and the food served in the bar was also very good, even if a little overpriced. BUT you can sit and watch the planes take off and land and enjoy refreshments.The rooms need some attention...bathroom looked tired and some black mould around the bath, but the beds were comfortable. The price was very reasonable as I parked at the hotel for a few nights, and the inclusive price could not be beaten. The Business Pod can be used to get to the airport..£5 per person each way...but quicker than the Hoppa service even if a little more expensive. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the runway if you are fascinated by planes!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 758David

Thanks for your review.

I am really glad you enjoyed the view of planes from the terrace. If they are landing on the Northern runway the views are fantastic.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed for one night with my wife prior to an early morning departure from T5.

In our opinion the hotel is really good, food little expensive, but its an hotel in London. It was clean, the staff very helpful, beds were lovely and comfy, the view of the runway was great and they gave us 2 early morning calls as requested

It was great for what we needed it for!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for you comments.

I am pleased the hotel worked well for you, it’s really important that your stay represented value for money. Now we have increased our wifi speed so it’s superfast all over the hotel for free.

I hope you had the opportunity to watch the planes landing on the northern runway at breakfast; this is one of the hotels best features. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle London Heathrow hotel in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Had a wonderful overnight stop before our long flight back to NZ. Majority of staff extremely welcoming and friendly, only disappointment was the fact we had booked back in March, but found that our room was the furtherest away from reception. It would have been a lot easier if there was a small trolley to bring luggage from room on check out morning, but width of corridors hindered this as the service trolley required space. Was extremely clean and very quiet. Would like to see a hand rail in the bathroom to place hand towel on, as there was no place to hang this up after using.

Room Tip: Request a room close to reception if you have any problems with walking etc, and also assistance if...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, Manager at Thistle London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Thank you for your recent review.

Your mention of the service being welcoming and friendly is most welcome. I will make sure this is passed onto all the front line staff members.

Check out the thistle website direct and take advantage of out best rate guarantee and online check facility. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle London Heathrow hotel soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I read many not so favorable reviews about this place but since I had a very early flight (6.55am) from Terminal 5 and did not want to use the dreaded Hopper service or expensive taxi I figured this one fits the bill as it has almost direct access to the "pod" transport system.

I always travel with earplugs so any noise complaints others had - I can't agree with - if one is staying at an airport hotel - there will be planes going overhead - so really no need to complain about that!

Overall - friendly staff, clean but tired looking. Smallish rooms and a new for me - being asked at check in - two people - no just me - ok but it's a queen room - so? no problem with a bigger bed... but only one towel... go figure:-)

No bar fridge - so warm wine for me - small kettle and only two sachets of coffee... probably could have rang house keeping for that but rather odd. They have no lift - so people with large suit cases like me are lucky if they are put on the ground floor or will have to carry their bags upstairs.

I did not try the restaurant so can't comment on that.

The pod system delivered though - its a fiver and is very fast and on time.. so for that reason I would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: If you travel with loads of bags (or heavy ones) - get a downstairs room and always take some ear pl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank R_G_Baker

Thanks for your recent review.

I am pleased you found the hotels close location to Terminal five favourable. All POD ticket sales are collected on behalf of the operator. The hotel does not profit at all from these sales.

Next time your here you must check out the views of the Northern runway from the terrace next to the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle London Heathrow when you return to the UK.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had to find a hotel as my flight from T5 was cancelled. The hotel is not very from from T5 so that is good. The rooms are very small and extremely thin-walled you can hear every sound your neighbors are making. The hotel is not very fresh and it is really time for a major refurbishment. I tried room service and that was actually ok. One night in a case of emergency is ok but for any other reason I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Many thanks for your comments

I am glad the hotel worked well as a stopover for you and you enjoyed room service.

Next time you stay speed up your journey to the airport by taking the POD. A recent guest timed their journey from reception to T5 at just 12 minutes!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Its just in the flight path of the aeroplanes. Wouldn't have minded so much if I had been going on a plane but I wasn't. Fortunately we were only there for 1 night. The planes stop at 11 and my lighter sleeping colleagues couldn't sleep until then. The hotel is, otherwise, pretty bog standard. Dated. Tired. Probably a cheap option for those flying from Heathrow. Staff were friendly enough. Cant really say any more. Good or bad. I wouldn't stay here again if I could help it. It asks me about location - if you just want a quick transfer to Heathrow, its great. If you want pubs, shops, some sort of life. You wont get it.

Room Tip: I think they are all pretty much the same. I would try to avoid single rooms as I bet they are pokey...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your recent review.

I am pleased you thought the hotels close location to Terminal five favourable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Sofitel London Heathrow
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Thistle London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!