“Cheap and cheerful, but also pretty small and dated.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Heathrow Lodge

Heathrow Lodge
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
ware
“Cheap and cheerful, but also pretty small and dated.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here years ago when due to fly from heathrow on an early flight and had a positive experience then, so when we were looking for a place to stay before a flight again this seemed the obvious choice..... however, things have changed since we last stayed there.

The rooms are now tiny, and I mean tiny. We could just about open the door as the bed was in the way, we found it funny and joked that at least we could just fall through the door, literally onto the bed if we got drunk, but can understand that others wouldn't like it.

The "ensuite" was a tiny cubicle thing that you would expect to find on a ferry or even in an plane! And it was not in the best condition, but it worked n did what you needed it to do.

The staff were friendly and the shuttle to the airport was helpful.

All in all, all we needed was a bed for the night before our flight so it did what we needed it to and for the price I don't think we could if expected much more tbh.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed in the "hotel" for 2 nights thinking I would save myself some money as it advertised itself as the cheapest. There is a reason for this, it is the most disgusting, noisiest hotel I have the displeasure of staying in.
The reception staff are so noisy at night, I had to get out of bed both nights and ask them to be quiet! I stayed in room 105 the first night, big mistake! It's right by reception and you can hear everything! I was moved after I complained twice, but the person manning reception the next night was possibly the worlds worst night worker! He shouted when he spoke!
There is mould on the ceilings, half the windows don't shut properly, the plumbing is awful - flush the toilet and then spend the next 10 minutes trying to stop it filling. The shower tray filled with water and I had to stop the shower mid way through so it could drain away.
I know you get what you pay for, but I paid £167 for 4 nights, which is not as cheap as you think and I expect to be able to sleep in a hotel. After all, I'm not paying to stay a day in a hotel, rates are quoted as "per night"!
I will never stay in the absolute dump ever again and I urge all fellow travellers, workers, occasional hotel hoppers to stear clear! Spend a bit less and stay in a Travelodge!

Room Tip: The best rooms are the rooms in a different hotel. Don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank 691KarenT
Rajapalayam, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

There is free bus from Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 and the hotel is just 1 stop from the airport. So very convenient. I loved the location of the hotel, which resembles like a country side. Hotel is good, comfortable, clean for the price we pay. Rooms are big enough with washbasin. I got good hot water in wash basin, but not in the shower in the shared bathroom, which is the only problem. Hotel don't have lift, but still not very hard to climb with the luggage.

They offer free pick up and drop from heathrow airport. No Wifi in room.

I will stay at this place if I happen to transit Heathrow next time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Volcanoking
wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed here as it was cheap, so didn't expect much at all. However it was worse than I could have ever imagined. As many other reviewers pulled up to the lodge and was shown to a grubby looking house around the back. Room had no TV and was in a dirty/unkept state. The bathroom was something else, on the first floor the bathroom was shared between the house and was absolutely stinking (think damp/mould and cobwebs). How this can be allowed to run as paid guesthouse is beyond me should be shut down on heath grounds. So my advice ice is to stay away - sleep in the car, airport floor.

Room Tip: there isnt any
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank gsw_cymru
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

The staff are welcoming and happy to help. The rooms are comfortable and warm. Steaming hot shower with loads of water pressure.
The bed was good and slept very well.
Worth the very little money you'll spend. I'll book there again

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is a great value hotel in a great location. It is only 10 minutes from Heathrow hotel where they have a free shuttle to get you to the airport.
The hotel is clean and tidy, maybe not the most modern or a high level of facilities, but the pros completely outweighs the cons.
At the last minute we booked this hotel and got it for £20.00 for 2 of us for the night and because of this and location, I can't recommend this place enough.
The only slight complaint I have with this hotel is the room we had didn't have an en-suite but its still a great hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is a sad excuse for a hotel. I would never stay here again. It was a nightmare to get through to these guys. They have a flawed system for pickup at the airport as well as a limited space shuttle to the airport. When I booked this hotel online, it didn't mention that their shuttle had limited space.

The bathroom was shared with four other rooms and it was messy with hardly any toilet paper. Lots of stains. Also was directed to a house across the street that wasn't part of the motel building where we checked in. The entrance didn't lock.

I would have prefered to sleep at the airport. This was honestly the worst hotel I've ever stayed at in my entire life, perhaps even worse than a Motel 6 in the middle of no where.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
easyHotel London Heathrow
easyHotel London Heathrow
#20 of 23 in Hounslow

Been to Heathrow Lodge? Share your experiences!