This hotel is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Shocking that a place this bad is in London. I've been in $30 hotels that are cleaner. A budget traveler deserves a clean room, let alone someone paying $100 like we did.
A list of things wrong with our room:
-marks all over the walls
-large rust stains / mold on shower curtain
-fully clogged drain
-only one towel for 2 people
-mold smell in hotel
-planes landing meters away
The bathroom was literally the size of an airplane bathroom. Somehow it was split into a toilet and tiny shower by a dirty curtain. Sink is miniscule.
You will feel dirtier after a shower than when you came in. After staying here for a night you're lucky not to get sick or have allergies. The place is a health risk.
I wish I took pictures of everything I mentioned. The pics on the site say it all...100+ 1 star reviews can't be wrong.
The only pro to our full-price, $100 room was a reasonably large flat screen TV. I did not watch it to check if it gets reception. Wi-fi is not free. You can forget about a mini bar, refrigerator, iron board, or other luxuries. We had to ask reception for the shared blowdryer.
Just as important as the awful room is the negligent staff. Just one person was working at the desk, interrupting people trying to check in by answering phone calls. Had rude, defiant responses to people and was very inefficient. Overheard him accusing everyone of booking under different names or making an error. Had very poor English and couldn't answer questions. Very thick skinned, useless when it comes to complaints.
Even though it is close to the airport, the lack of sleep and slow desk service will make you lose time. Avoid at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heathrow Lodge has recently been renovated under new management; an ideal choice of quality and convenience for leisure, business travellers and airline crews,Wide Selection of Rooms: From basic to En-suite, We offer the widest range of accommodation, ranging from family, triple, double, single through to basic double and single occupancy budget rooms. Only en-suite rooms have tea / coffee making facilities, TV with satellite channels,Ideal Location Situated just west of Heathrow Airport in Longford Village, Heathrow Lodge is a local hotel away from the hustle and bustle where our guests can enjoy the perfect relaxation time before flying off Free Shuttle Bus.Courtesy shuttle service runs to and from the airport included in the room rate. Our free courtesy bus service collects and drops guests off between 0600am - 10:00am (Mon -Saturday) . There is no service available in the Evening and Sunday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heathrow Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
- Heathrow Lodge West Drayton, Greater London