“HORRIBLE”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Miami, Florida
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Shocking that a place this bad is in London. I've been in $30 hotels that are cleaner. A budget traveler deserves a clean room, let alone someone paying $100 like we did.

A list of things wrong with our room:
-marks all over the walls
-large rust stains / mold on shower curtain
-rusted showerhead
-fully clogged drain
-only one towel for 2 people
-filthy carpet
-mold smell in hotel
-thin walls
-planes landing meters away

The bathroom was literally the size of an airplane bathroom. Somehow it was split into a toilet and tiny shower by a dirty curtain. Sink is miniscule.

You will feel dirtier after a shower than when you came in. After staying here for a night you're lucky not to get sick or have allergies. The place is a health risk.

I wish I took pictures of everything I mentioned. The pics on the site say it all...100+ 1 star reviews can't be wrong.

The only pro to our full-price, $100 room was a reasonably large flat screen TV. I did not watch it to check if it gets reception. Wi-fi is not free. You can forget about a mini bar, refrigerator, iron board, or other luxuries. We had to ask reception for the shared blowdryer.

Just as important as the awful room is the negligent staff. Just one person was working at the desk, interrupting people trying to check in by answering phone calls. Had rude, defiant responses to people and was very inefficient. Overheard him accusing everyone of booking under different names or making an error. Had very poor English and couldn't answer questions. Very thick skinned, useless when it comes to complaints.

Even though it is close to the airport, the lack of sleep and slow desk service will make you lose time. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more on a far better hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Liz K
Heathrowlodgehotel, Guest Relations Manager at Heathrow Lodge, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear guest
Thank you for your review about Heathrow lodge
I was most concerned to read your review on Trip Advisor.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for all the shortfalls you experienced in our service, I can assure you this is not our usual standard and I am sorry that your expectations have not been met.
I would like to conduct a detailed investigation. I will really appreciate if you contact us by email: info@heathrowlodge.com with detailed information
I do hope to have an opportunity to provide better service with hassle-free experience in the future
Raj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed 5 August 2014

this was our 4th stay in the heathrow lodge. the cheaper rooms are very basic and in surrounding houses just a walk away. there ok for a cheap night if travelling. a couple of great pubs within a few minutes walk. can be very noisy but awesome if you like planes

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil747
Dear Guest,

Such wonderful comments are a pleasure to read, I was delighted on how highly you have praised us and that you had an incredible stay.

I was pleased to read that you showed repeated interest to stay in the lodge
I hope I will get an opportunity to welcoming you again and again
Silkeborg
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Don't get me wrong. It is not a 5 star hotel, but in its class it is not bad. The location is perfect if you fly from terminal 5. You can take a free bus 423 from terminal 5 and find Heathrow Lodge at the first stop. There is a nice pub close by where you can have a pint.You will find the staff very helpful. Rooms may seem a bit worn out, but if your alternative is sleeping in terminal 5 or waiting for your connecting flight in the early morning, then your stay in Heathrow Lodge is luxury.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank xglobe
Dear guest
Thank you so much for your precious time to review our hotel.
I am very happy to read that we met your expectation. Thank you for your praise for the service we,budget hotel could provide. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kingston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here because we had an early morning flight. I think we spent about 8 hours in the place. We had a 3 person room which had a sink in it. We were pretty surprised that the bathroom was communal and down the hall. The bathroom was disgusting. The redeeming quality of this place is that it's cheap, close to the airport, and has a shuttle. However, the shuttle may not run to your schedule, but there is a free city bus that picks up right across the street.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mandi G
England
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here ready for an early morning flight because it was cheap... I can definitely see why!

Everything dirty and looks like it hadn't been repaired/updated for years. Bed uncomfortable. Bathroom looked as if it should have been on a 1970s aeroplane. No hot water. Paper thin walls between rooms... but to be fair a surprising lack of noise from airport itself.

Main benefits: cheap and free shuttle to airport (although this was late).

Negatives: just a horrible place!! Do yourself a favour, pay a little more and don't put yourself through it!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ali987654
Melbourne
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Worst place I've ever stayed in, stayed there because I was flying out early the next day and it is advertised as free shuttle service, I called them and they didn't pick us up from the airport when we arrived because they 'didn't know where the driver was' and they wouldn't take us to the airport the next day because you have to 'book in advance' which they did not tell us about.

Disgusting rooms, disgusting toilets, disgusting stuff, didn't even show us to our room, pointed down the street to our room which looked like it was in a haunted house, worst stay ever, do not recommend

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank nbelvedere
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before flying out to Croatia. The room I was given was in a house across the road. Was a converted utility room, no toilet, shower just a sink. Bed was awful and paper thin walls made for a poor nights sleep. Would not recommend despite the cheap price.
I have travelled in India and Asia and this has to be up there with one of the worst places I've stayed.
Paid a little more and get a good nights sleep.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
easyHotel London Heathrow
easyHotel London Heathrow
#21 of 23 in Hounslow

Been to Heathrow Lodge? Share your experiences!