“A Value Overnighter”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Victoria, Canada
“A Value Overnighter”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

When travelling overnight as I age I like get a good nights sleep now before proceeding onwards. I found this hotel through my airline's website and the advance booking price, for a hotel near to and shuttle accessible from the airport, was quite moderate for a weekend arrival. Hence my choice. After a noon arrival at terminal 3 there was a shuttle pickup (not complimentary) to the hotel almost directly outside arrivals.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and I was quickly into a clean and a moe than adequate room which was quiet in spite of it's proximity to the airport. I was soon cleaned up and asleep with a wake-up call for suppertime.. The wake-up call was on time and I had a reasonable meal in the quite small hotel restaurant at a fair (for London) price. I slept well, had breakfast (choice of full English or continental buffet) in the restaurant again. I was being picked up for onward travel on this occasion so I had a leisurely check-out with a slight hiccup when I received the bill for a guest with a .name identical to mine. Despite this , I was so impressed by the quality of the staff and service that I booked to overnight again prior to my early flight home.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor which has no street or plane noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank William D
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be friendly and helpful and that the error with the bill on departure was rectified for you. It was also great to hear that you found the Hotel Hoppa bus convenient for the airport and that your room was adequate, clean and quiet.

Thank you also for your future booking and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Hanover, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I recently spent the night of February 22/14 at the Arora Hotel between flights. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. The check in/ lobby staff are so friendly and helpful. They deal with the Hopper bus pulling in every 15 minutes and are up to the task of quickly checking in their customers. My room was uber clean, SO comfortable and tastefully decorated. The next morning I went down to the restaurant and had a great English full on breakfast and again the staff was awesome and food excellent. I would at the drop of a hat recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!! Kudos!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Eleanor L
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be friendly and helpful and your room to be clean, comfortable and well decorated. It was also great to hear that your check-in experience was efficient and that you enjoyed our all you can eat buffet breakfast in Smith’s Grill.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon at Arora Hotel Heathrow!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We arrived mid afternoon on 14th feb ready for an early morning departure from Heathrow. Check in was a breeze with smiling staff to greet us. The room was a reasonable size, clean and tidy. We had booked a table at a local restaurant but it was a foul night so we cancelled and ate instead in the restaurant in the hotel. This was a good decision and we had a pleasant meal, served again by a very pleasant waitress. The south facing (road side) windows look on to the Northern runway, but noise is minimal. Before dinner we had a drink in the cocktail bar. This was very poorly used and the loud dance music on video screens was a little out of place with the over 50s clientele when we were there. We didn't bother with breakfast and the local bus service from outside the hotel takes you to the central bus terminal in Heathrow for free. We booked through booking.com and got a very reasonable rate. We used public transport to get to the hotel. Get off at the right bus stop or you may have a long walk and on a wet and windy afternoon with two large suitcases to lug around tempers get frayed.....that's all I'm saying

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank seljohn
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be good value for money and convenient for the airport via the local free bus services.

Thank you for your kind feedback about your room and the experience in Smith’s Grill. We have also noted your feedback about the music which we play in Smith’s Bar, we will ensure this is better suited to the clientele on the day moving forward and our team are always open to requests should a guest wish for the channel to be changed.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope will see you again soon at Arora Hotel Heathrow.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The hotel gave me excellent, detailed directions on how to take the free bus from Heathrow, and it worked smoothly. I arrived about 9 pm, went directly to bed, and left without breakfast in the morning. The room was small but clean and had everything I could want. And it was perfectly silent - no noise from planes, the busy road outside, the elevators, or other guests. I slept extremely well and would use this hotel again.
For longer stays, there is a built in ironing board, and electric kettle and coffee/tea provisions. I ate a protein bar for breakfast, along with some instant coffee, and was very pleased.
I did not explore the hotel or the on-site restaurant because I was over-tired, but everything looked fine. The staff was very efficient and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Penguinatlaw
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the directions to be excellent and your room to be well equipped, quiet and clean. Should you wish to have a larger room in the future you can upgrade to one of our Premier rooms.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife and I were very pleased in our stay with Arora hotel in Heathrow. We were greeted with smiles and made to feel welcome. The hotel is attractive and very clean. The bed however was noisy and shifted if bumped into. Not very stable. There were no wash cloths for the bath. Apart from this, a very lovely stay at that. Very helpful and friendly staff. Definately will recommend and would stay again. Thank you Arora. Pete and Tracey Rodriguez.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Rodriguez16
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted your stay and found the team to be helpful, friendly and smiley and the hotel to be attractive and very clean. I’m sorry that you found the bed to be noisy and easily moved; we will ensure we check this room and change the bed if required. Currently we only provide face cloths in our Premier room however we would happily provide on request.

Thanks again for your review and hope to see you again soon at Arora Hotel Heathrow!

Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel itself was in great condition and the cleanliness was incredible! Modern, 24/7 roomservice with food and beverages, (spa? we didn't get any info about a pool nor a spa), hairdressing, resturant/grill, bar and a tiny super market ++. This is a big plus!

But as we walked up to the front desk the staff nearly glanced at us, and we didn't even get a tiny smile. Very professional, but they spoke so fast, I couldn't catch half of it. It felt like they just wanted to ''rush us in''. We also felt a bit scrutinized because of our more ''alternative style'', and the people who LOOKED wealthy were pampered way more than others. Everybody staying there, regardless of clothing and money, should be treated the same. Some times we felt invisible in the dining room, as they took everybodys order before ours, and we came in before them.

The hotelroom was one of the cleanest and tidiest room I've seen, due to it's rate and roomtype. Wich was very pleasing! They even changed the towles in the bathroom, when I asked them not to. Found it a bit odd to leave a note that says ''spare the environment, reuse your towles....'' but even if you do, they will take them out. No minibar, but the 24/7 roomservice made up for it.
The food was okey, but quite blend and tasteless. It tasted different from day to day, even if we ordered the same thing (roomservice order, nighttime). Plus, the staff in the resturant seemed ICECOLD, unwelcoming and careless. The staff working the bar on the other hand were welcoming and cheerful.

We spent most of our time in London, Cambridge etc. So we didn't get to experience the rest of the hotel and Heathrow, which I do not think has much more to explore(??) Haha! Atleast due to the front office who didn't give us any info about what to do in London, the Heathrow area or at the hotel. Tourists should get some sort of info and tips about where to go and what to do.

Anyway, I filled out my ''comment card'', and got a very pleasing e-mail from the general manager at Arora Heathrow Hotel when I got home. And it shows that they take guest-comments very seriously, and that they're willing to explain what and why things were as they were.

So in the end, a great hotel with a staff that follows up your feedback! Ecspecially a great hotel if you're in town for a buissness trip or just a couple of days! I would recomend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rinja222
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you found the hotel and your room to be clean and tidy and the hotel facilities were to your liking. For your future reference the hotel does not have a swimming pool although we can happily recommend one nearby and the Spa is actually a small Nail Spa on the ground floor where you can also enjoy facials and massages.

Thank you for letting me know about the towels being changed in your room despite them being hung to dry - as a signal towards our green policy. I have informed my Head Housekeeper about your feedback who is going to re brief the team on the importance of following this procedure.

As I’m sure you can imagine I was most disappointed to hear your comments about the front desk and restaurant team member’s. Your feedback has been shared with both teams and the relevant department manager’s will closely monitor these areas. I would also like to reassure you that we treat all guests equally here at Arora Hotel Heathrow and if you were not given that impression then I can only apologise. Again we will ensure we monitor this more closely.

I’m sorry that you also felt disappointed with the quality and consistency of food in Smith’s Grill. Our Food & Beverage Manager has discussed your feedback with his team and increased the focus on the consistency and quality of our dishes.

I’m pleased you also received my response to your comment card. I personally respond to every comment card and review to ensure I can effectively coach and train the team and take action where required to improve service levels and facilities in the hotel.

Should you stay at the hotel again in the future please email me at stephenclayton@arorahotels.com with your booking details and I will ensure you are upgraded (subject to availability) to a Premier room and brief the team on your previous feedback.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope we will see you again soon at Arora Hotel Heathrow.

Langbank
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

On our way to and from the Far East from Scotland we had to stay at Heathrow. I have to say that the thought of an airport hotel did not fill us with glee. How surprised we were at the quality of this hotel for the price. The hotel was very clean and our rooms were more than adequate for the job. They were clean and fresh and the breakfast was fine- about what you expect from a buffet. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and allowed us to stay well into the afternoon as our flight was in the evening, without making an extra charge. Very well done Arora. We will use you again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike T
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the quality and value of the hotel to exceed your expectations. It was also great to hear you found the team to be very pleasant, helpful and flexible with your departure time.

Thank you also for your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and the facilities provided in the room, I will make sure our housekeeping team are informed of this!

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow at some point in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!