“overnight stay before flight”

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Grafton, Ohio
“overnight stay before flight”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My son and I stayed here overnight. It was close to the airport, the bus stopped right in front of the hotel and took us to the airport for our flight in the morning. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant. Delicious, great service. Very clean, large room, huge bathroom. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stephen C, Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Connie M,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind feedback and comments about the hotel,food and service in our restaurant.

Rajiv Cherian
Food and Beverage Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Fantastic, this is the 3rd time we've used the Arora's stay and park. We've never had to leave our car keys so we know the car isn't being used or moved while we are away, and the secure carpark backs on to a police garage with cameras everywhere. The hotel staff are exceptional and nothing is to much trouble. Rooms are spotless, and if you can get a room on the front of the hotel, depending on the weather or which run way is being used you can get a brilliant view of the planes taking off or landing. The food in the Smiths Grill resturant is very good with a nice selection but a big down side is the pricing, on average its around £75-80 for a 3 course meal for 2 (including 1 Brandy & coke and 1 Martini and lemonade) we've never eaten in the bar so don't know if they have
a different menu or pricing. There's a chinese restaurant about a 2 minute walk from the hotel, just turn right when you leave the hotel, not tried it so can't comment on food or service . Another big down side is we were charged for a full cooked breakfast (£15.95) Instead of continental breakfast(£12.95) because I asked for porridge instead of cereal. If you can wait till you get to the airport, you can get just a good a breakfast of a lot less money, £15.95 for a bowl of porridge, a cup of coffee and a slice of toast is outrageous. Only scored 4 points for value because of resturant prices. Haven't used pool or Spa so can't s score.

Room Tip: For good views of the runway request a room higher up and to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel team to be exceptional and the rooms to be spotless with great runway views.

Thank you also for your comments regarding Smith’s Grill, I’m pleased you enjoyed your meal and appreciate your feedback regarding menu prices. Locally sourced products and freshly made food does sometims mean a price premium and I’m pleased you felt this in the quality you experienced. Our breakfast price of £15.95 is for our all you can and drink buffet which includes pastries, yoghurts, breads and toast, muffins, meats and cheeses, fresh fruit, fruit salad, juice, tea and coffee and the full English breakfast selection. In comparison to other hotels we feel the price is very good value. However, I do take your comments on board and we will continue to monitor the value money at both breakfast and dinner along with other guest feedback.

Thanks again for your review and we do hope you will consider Arora Hotels in the future.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a great hotel. It is very good value for money considering how good the service is here. There is a good dining room with very high quality food and a nice hotel bar.

The hotel is close to the airport terminals and is serviced by an airport bus (£4 one way) and taxis. The hotel itself is large and spacious which I like. They have a hair salon and a gift shop. They also have a very well stocked shoe shop which is ironic because you will definitely need a sturdy pair of walking boots to find your room. The hotel is so big that I had to take "2" lifts and cross many floors before I reached my room.

I slept very well here. I had an iron in my room and the whole feel of the place was up to date and comfy. It was also very clean and did not look broken or untidy anywhere.

I was pleased to find plenty of sockets in public areas so I could charge my ipad, laptop and phone which I ate lunch. The indian dish I selected was very well cooked, fresh ingredients and when I couldn't finish the chips I ordered with my rice they packed it up for me to take with me!! This is better service than I experienced in the Sheraton the next day.

Every member of staff I encountered at the Arora was genuinely helpful, concerned about my needs and very well trained. I not only noticed this, I want to thank the hotel for it because it is not always the case. When I travel on business I usually need a lot of things and I found all the help I needed here.

Room Tip: Some rooms are very far away from reception. Ask for a room that you can reach with one lift.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Josie J
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be very good value for money and the team to helpful and knowledgeable. It was also great to hear you liked the facilities and the meal which you enjoyed.

If you do stay with us again in the future please do request a room closer to the main lifts or lobby and we will do our best to honor this.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped here before an am flight. We paid £85 on a hotel and parking (2 weeks) deal and being so cheap we didn't have high hopes for the hotel

We needn't have worried! Great location v close to airport - we could see the runway from our window (3rd floor) but no noise issues at all. Clean, comfy and nice staff, we'd definitely stop here again when flying from heathrow.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind feedback and comments about the hotel and the service you recieved.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Catching an early morning red-eye flight from Heathrow, I had to travel down the night before and I was booked into this hotel.

The arrangements for travel from the airport are poor. On arrival at Heathrow by tube, I had to call the hotel several times to ask for transfer info - as each time I spoke to someone different, I was given different (incorrect info). After several misleading conversations with the front desk - I finally found the correct bus which stops 'across the road' from the hotel - meaning a schlep (with baggage) across what's actually a busy dual carriageway.

On arrival at the hotel's vacant front desk, after a few exploratory "Hello?"s, an older gentlemen emerged and took my name and asked my for my hotel confirmation (work had booked this for me several weeks earlier). On production of this, I was advised the hotel had overbooked and no rooms were available. I was to be offered alternative accommodation.

Not satisfied, I challenged this. It was midnight and my 6am flight getting closer - I just wanted to shower and snooze in what I thought was going to be a pleasant night's stay close to the airport.

Three more guests arrived to check in right after me. They too were advised of an overbooking and the four of us sent to sit down in the deadly foyer area which had the atmosphere of a mortuary on a public holiday.

Elderly Gent In-Charge reappeared and uncomfortably addressed us all and advised the only hotel he could find was a lower graded property in Windsor, some 35 mins away. We had no choice but to agree to this - having being assured our night's stay would be refunded in full, and no additional cost would be incurred for travel to/from the 'new' hotel.

Fast forward 30 mins and a taxi arrived to take all 4 guests to the revised hotel. It's now approaching 1am and 3 of the 4 of us displaced guests had a pre-7am flight. Said taxi driver, arranged by Arora's Elderly Gent In-Charge, got lost. He took us to one hotel - unloaded our bags. It's now 12:45am and he took a few steps back to look at the name of the hotel before bundling us and our bags back in the car. He'd got the wrong hotel.

Sat nav powered up this time, I further 15 min drive to our final destination. Some slum of a B&B on the crusty outskirts of Windsor. By 2am I'd made it into bed and managed 2hrs sleep before getting up and ready for the 40 min drive back to Heathrow to catch my flight.

I wasn't given a reason for my overbooking. But I did spot a big sign in the lobby, with info for guests on a long delayed BA flight. My guess? This is a greedy hotel who took a big block booking to accommodate a few hundred delayed passengers, at the expense of disappointing those paying customers who had booked in advance.

I'm still waiting for a call back from the Front Office Manager. I left my mobile number with Elderly Gent In-Charge. Maybe she's delayed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Ste_Jay2012
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I totally understand your frustrations with the situation and the way it was handled. The reason for the hotel becoming overbooked happened after we had received the delayed flight and was an error on our part; please rest assured that the hotel did not intentionally over book.

Your feedback regarding the way the Night Manager handled the situation has also been taken on board and fed back. We have also carried out retraining on how to deal with these situations in the future, although I would like to stress they are very rare.

I do hope the complementary stay which has been offered to you by my Front Office Manager will go some way in compensating you for the inconvenience you experienced along with the fact that we picked up the bill for you at the hotel you were transferred to, along with tranpsortation costs as one would expect.

Thank you for your understanding and again we sincerely apologise.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great value for money, conveniently located close to LHR. Room well insulated from the airport noise so if you close your eyes as if the hotel located in the middle of know where so I was quite impressed with that specially my room on 3rd floor and overlooking the runway.

From LHR bus station you can take the free bus U3.
Despite I was disappointed with the waiting time at the check in desk due to a big group arriving from LHR due to a delayed flight I was satisfied with the smile and excellent assistance I received from SAM which is a star.

I will certainly be coming back to the Arora LHR.

Room Tip: Third floor away from the lift seems very quite. If you like the runway view make sure to request it...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Yasir E
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind feedback and comments about the hotel and service.

Please accept my apologies for the delay on arrival at the hotel, it was good to hear however that Sam greeted you with a smile and offered excellent assistance.

Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel was wonderful. The room was immaculate, one of the cleanest I have seen in a long time. Well done to the cleaning staff. The restaurant was great. Good food, great service. Breakfast was amazing. Thank you for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind feedback and comments about the hotel and service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!