“Excellent value, comfortable”

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
“Excellent value, comfortable”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Exceeded our expectations for a one-night near Heathrow! Check-in easy, though we had 2 different reservations (2 couples). Both rooms clean, comfortable, quiet. Ate dinner in the restaurant and found the food surprisingly elegant and good. Didn't have time for breakfast. It was also easy to take the free bus back to Heathrow 5. (Coming in the night before, we were really tired and opted to take a taxi to the hotel rather than find the bus -- the taxi was 18 pounds, which seemed pricey to us.)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Carolyn P
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Carolyn P,

Thank you for taking the time to review Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the check-in process to be quick and efficient and that you liked your clean, quiet and comfortable rooms. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the food quality in Smith’s Grill, I will look forward to sharing this with the team.

For future reference there are two other transport options to and from the airport; the Hotel Hoppa which takes you directly from the Terminals to the hotel or the free public bus services, full information can be found on our website. However, I do accept that after a long flight a taxi maybe a more desirable option.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow.

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I like this hotel. It may appear a wee bit tired and the internet reception is appalling ( but free) . It feels rather homely for the tired traveller pre/post flight. It has a calm atmosphere that can be difficult for "airport" hotels. Near terminal 5 and not too far from the others either, all by bus. Staff are friendly and the food is mediocre. A good choice in comparison to the many other Heathrow options.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GALLERY1974
Dear GALLERY1974,

Thank you for taking the time to review Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you found the hotel to be calm and homely and the staff to be friendly. It was also good to hear you found the hotel location to be convenient for all airport terminals.

Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered with the Wi-Fi. We do offer a fully complimentary 512kbs connection and a 2MB high speed option at an additional cost. We will continue to keep a close eye on the connection speeds throughout the building to ensure the system is operating correctly, although we do generally receive good feedback about the connection speeds.

If you have any further feedback about how we can improve the food offering please do not hesitate to contact my Food & Beverage Manager, Rajiv at rajivcherian@arorahotels.com – he would love to hear your thoughts and comments.

Thanks again for your review and we do hope you will consider Arora Hotel Heathrow the next time you are in the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The lobby area of the hotel is clean and modernized. The hallways are in need of new carpeting - very sad and threadbare looking in some areas - and the walls themselves are tired looking. my room was slightly below ground - to be expected since I booked on a bargain site. And I didn't care because I was there on a layover. However, I paid about 100 pounds for the night, so it wasn't exactly a bargain. The room smelled like a basement, and the carpets were damp and tired. The room clearly hadn't been redecorated since the early 90s, perhaps earlier. The mattress was thin and sagging. It was larger than most English hotel rooms I have stayed in, but of course this is not central London so I would expect it to be on the larger side. Overall this is not bad for one night if you can get a good price (unlike me), but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask NOT to stay on the lower level!!! Requires two separate elevators and a looong walk to get to!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Orangerie876
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Orangerie876,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with the hotel. Your comments have been taken on board regarding the corridor carpets, which we are planning to replace this year. They were last replaced in 2008 and are in very good condition with the exception of two of the lift lobbies which we will be prioritising.

Here at Arora Hotel Heathrow we are very proud of our Housekeeping standards and I do not accept that your room would have been dirty, as described in your review title. From the description of your room I can see that you stayed in the annex of which I checked every ground floor room myself this afternoon with my Head Housekeeper and we found no traces of damp. This has never been reported before so I’ve asked my team to keep a close eye on this area.

The hotel was built in 1999 and refurbished in 2008, so I can assure you it is not possible for the room to have been refurbished before the hotel was built. The hotel is finished to a very traditional style which I accept is not to everyone’s taste.

Thanks again for your feedback and may I recommend our sister hotel the 5 star Sofitel London Heathrow which maybe more in line with your expectations the next time you require a hotel room in the Heathrow area.

Benbrook, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel cancelled our reservation the DAY OF our visit by sending an email to my husband. Of course, we were in trains and airplanes all day, so we didn't see it. So, when we arrived after twelve long hours of travel, they sent us down the road to another hotel that was #1- under construction and #2 had carpet duct taped throughout and rusty fixtures in the bathrooms. No explanation. No apology. We are on our honeymoon. Don't book here unless your willing to have this happen to you.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amy H
Dear Amy H,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the necessary movement of your booking and the subsequent short notice.

The hotel became overbooked due to a large surge of last minute bookings at the hotel and once processed made it necessary, regrettably to move a small number of bookings to another hotel. With the short notice we did our best to secure a nearby hotel at a similar standard to Arora. It is unfortunate that you were also affected by the refurbishment works at this hotel and I offer my most sincere apologies. I appreciate fully how frustrating this must have been.

We did email you the evening before your expected arrival however I understand that whilst travelling you may not have had access to your email/Wi-Fi. As soon as we realised the situation we did our best to inform people as quickly as possible and I would like to reassure you that this is an isolated incident.

If you were to consider stay at Arora Hotel Heathrow the next time you are in Heathrow I would like to offer you a complimentary stay by way of apology. Please email me at stephenclayton@arorahotels.com should you wish to accept this offer.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here, right by Heathrow London on Bath Row, on a 24 hour layover before heading out on a cruise. The entire staff were warm, welcoming, very helpful and always smiling. The hotel was spotlessly clean and surprisingly quiet. The included hot breakfast was the perfect welcome back to London. Not a single thing to complain about except a request for more comfortable seating in the smoking area outside. We will definitely use this hotel again.
FYI - no official shuttle from or to terminals but city busses pass by regularly. Hoppa Bus also comes by but it's 4.50 pounds each way.

2 Thank NBethS
Dear NBethS,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind comments and feedback about our hotel. We have also taken on board your suggestion for improving the comfort of the seating at the smoking area.

The hotel is on the Hotel Hoppa shuttle routes for all terminals and there also free public bus services operating from outside the hotel. Kindly note that no Heathrow hotel has its own shuttle service as Hotel Hoppa and Hotel by Bus operate all hotel shuttle services, under license from Heathrow Airport.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Arora is a well-placed hotel for easy access to Heathrow - use the Hoppa bus from and to any terminal. Rooms are well decorated and sizeable (better than IBIS for example). Beds and pillow really good.

The in-house restaurant is small and modern without much ambience but the food we had was excellent and the waitstaff very friendly and helpful. Check was swift and easy.

The only downside for us was that the free internet was very poor and more or less useless during our 10 hour stay. There are are better options but the Arora charges for them. By contrast the free WiFi at heathrow terminal 3, serving many more users was very good so the Arora needs to lift its game on that point. Otherwise highly recommended.

Dear alfieMossman,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind comments and feedback about our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered with the Wi-Fi, I have asked our IT Team to check the signal strength on all routers around the building to ensure they are operating correctly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great hotel view of runway if you stay on the 5th floor or above. You can watch the the planes takeoff and land . There is no noise . Room tastefully decorated. Hotel staff very friendly. Very quick room service. The restaurant Smiths was one of the best meals we have had in England. Buffett style Breakfast is included and had a great assortment of food. We highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on fifth floor or above facing terminal 5
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jackw58
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear jackw58,

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!