The Angel Inn
US$87
US$84
US$222
US$200
The Swan Inn(Fittleworth)(Great Value!)
US$108
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Goodwood Hotel(Chichester)
US$209
US$94
US$91
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshigh streetcoaching housethe general managerfull englishtwo coursesfour postercowdray parktwo nightsensuite bathroomlovely hotelenjoyed my staycar parklarge roompleasant staythe pubstayed one nightyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

14 members of my family stayed here in May 2013 and took advantage of the wedding package - basically designed for people who are going to a wedding in the vicinity. We arrived on the Friday night and had dinner in the main restaurant. There was a good choice of food, well presented and tasted really good. We had breakfast on the Saturday and Sunday - good choice of cooked and continental. Our room was one of the suites - it overlooked the main street which was nice and but there was no real traffic noise. The staff were really good, especially Richard the manager, nothing was too much trouble. When we arrived late from the wedding on the Saturday night the porter was about to serve more drink!! All our family enjoyed the experience. The lounge is nice and although there is no pool or gym if you're visiting other local attractions like Goodwood or Cowdray this is a good option.

Room Tip: The rooms on the main road aren't noisy so I don't think it makes a huge difference
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anet-Girl
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed one night.
The bedroom was full of character and had been sensitively restored.
The meals were very good in an intimate restaurant (chairs could benefit from some uphostelry care though)
Midhurst itself is delightful with lots of independent shops and interesting walks around Cowdray Park and the castle ruins.
Would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Well located and with good parking this is a friendly hotel. Our Premier room had an issue but the friendly staff and the manager quickly and generously resolved this for us. We had an enjoyable dinner and being quiet and comfortable we would stay here again. 3 stars for having a room problem but 5 stars for putting it right positively and amicably when told.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This was a very enjoyable one-night break.Parking was not a problem - the hotel has its own car-park.The manager is clearly aiming to offer the best experience he can for his guests and this thoughtfulness was demonstrated in a number of ways.Our luggage was carried to and from the room.Our generous-sized, ground - floor Garden Room was clean, well furnished and decorated and very comfortable, with large roomy armchairs and good twin beds.The spacious bathroom with walk in shower was clearly planned with disabled or less mobile people in mind and was ideal for us.Extras such as radio/CD player,nice toiletries,home-made biscuits and water were nice touches. A thoughtful approach was again evident in the attractive modern restaurant. We really enjoyed our dinner and wines.A little complimentary amuse-bouche of really luscious fat olives,home-marinated, were the best I have ever tasted.There were plenty of nice dishes to choose from,covering the spectrum of meat,fish and vegetarian.I noted how each main course had some interesting little twist to make each meal more interesting:my partner's salmon came with prawns and a nice sauce and my very generous ballontine of chicken had a tarragon mousse stuffing with
a colcannon croquette and a lovely mix of green vegetables,including peas,asparagus,green beans and courgette.Nearly every main dish had a different kind of potato accompaniment.A rich chocolate fondant,slightly larger than usual, with ice-cream and my very good panna cotta, with an edible chocolate cup of boozy berries, were a delicious end to the meal. The food had the feel of very good home cooking,excellently presented.I was particularly impressed by the handling of an incident I witnessed.At a nearby table, the host made a great issue about wanting to taste the wines before he ordered a bottle.Two fair-sized samples were brought and passed round the table for sipping by all and sundry before they selected what they wanted.The waiter dealt with all this showmanship with creditable aplomb and courtesy and I feel it is indicative of the hotel's evident aim to please their customers,though I hope not too many of you will want to put them to this particular test! At breakfast,unable to opt for a full English (due to slightly depressed appetites), we settled for yoghurt and fruit compote, omelette and scrambled eggs and bacon and pain au chocolat - all excellent.Overall,an excellent all-round experience on which the management and staff are to be congratulated.

1  Thank furbysmum
AngelmanMidhurst, General Manager at The Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Furbysmum

I was so delighted to read your most recent review of you stay with us at The Angel Hotel Midhurst, I actually printed out a copy and shared your very kind words with a few of our regulars.
It is always such a boost for my team to read that the hard work, dedication and commitment is appreciated and has not gone unnnoticed.
My assistant Manager who was managing the restaurant on the evening you dined was very pleased that you commmented on his style and efforts, a real pat on the back.
It would be true and realistic to think that we do not always get it right as each persons experience is different, but I am very pleased to be able to thank you for sharing yours with potential guests to our lovely hotel in the heart of the beautiful South Downs.
I do hope that next time you are looking for a short break you will consider us again.
Best wishes

Richard Macadam

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Friendly welcoming staff. Room was spotless and comfortable. Food was outstanding along with service. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff here. Car park at rear and great location for visiting nearby places. Had a lovely ride to Chichester on the bus.
Not the hotels fault but workmen digging up the road outside until midnight was a pain on the first night!!. On a busy road which is noisy with the room windows open but a fantastic place to stay and you will not find better. 1st class.

Room Tip: Room at the rear of the hotel would be quieter
1  Thank Trevor W

Dear Trevor

Thank you again for taking the time to post your most recent review of the Angel Hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, especially the food prepared by our chefs, the cleanliness of your room and the fact that you felt the staff were on hand to take care of you in a positive and friendly manner.
I am sorry about the roadworks that took place, they had been scheduled for february but due to adverse weather they had been cancelled without notice.I do appreciate your understanding in this matter, it was much appreciated.

I do hope that next time you are looking for a relaxing break that you will think of us.

Kind regards