“Perfect weekend break”

The Barn at Roundhurst
Ranked #1 of 17 Midhurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our two nights stay at the Barn. The staff were very welcoming, genuine and easy going. The food was splendid and the whole decor and ambiance was lovely.

We caught the train with our bikes from London to Haslemere, which is a short distance to the Barn - located perfectly for great walks, cycle rides, village visits and pub lunches.

We'll definitely be planning another visit (in the summer when it's less rainy as we got soaked on the bikes!) and will highly recommend this wonderful getaway to friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The barn at Roundhurst is an absolutely beautiful converted barn, with lovely bedrooms, stylishly but simply decked out to match. Having been to many a country house hotel in my time, I was charmed and delighted by the friendliness of the staff, the warmth with which they treated us, the beauty of the surroundings (the Barn itself and also the incredible National Trust land on its doorstep) and the quality of the service. My only watch out would be the food, which is absolutely fine, but not brilliant (though the lack of liquor license and BYOB is brilliant)- if you're staying two nights, I'd suggest at least one night at a local gastro pub instead.

Would heartily recommend for a romantic weekend away or a small celebration (you could rent out all 6 rooms).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TheBarnAtRoundhurst, Owner at The Barn at Roundhurst, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking the trouble to write and for your lovely comments; we're really pleased you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food which as far as possible is produced right here on the farm and have received excellent reviews so we were very disappointed to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. Our dinner is a set menu each evening and I'd be very grateful if you could contact us via email so we can discover the menu on the evening of your stay and work out what needs to be improved. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Moya

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here on the 7th February, it was a surprise for my Partner as it was the Anniversary of us meeting, but she did not know I was going to propose!
I could not have booked a better place than the Barn, it was so idyllic and everyone was so friendly, we were greeted at the door with smiles and warmth, the whole evening was just such an experience never to be forgotten.

Thank you to everyone there at the Barn, we will be returning and you never know maybe as Mr and Mrs

Reviewed 12 February 2014

AN amazing B&B that is better than any 5 star hotel I have stayed in. Honestly. I couldn't believe the high standard of the decor and the warm and welcoming staff ensured that our stay was better than expected. It blends contemporary elegance with rustic charm, therefore providing beautiful surrounding with a homely feel. My partner and I are already planning our Easter beak there. Highly recommended if you are after a relaxing retreat in the countryside.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Tennysons superior room which is the middle sized of the range as the largest rooms...
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed at the barn for 2 nights this week, the welcome was first class, the room was fabulous, it was cosy, inviting and the bed was extremely comfortable, it had everything you could need for a restful few nights away, the food was first class, the evening meal would definitely take some beating from top chefs, and the breakfast had an excellent variety, I would highly recommend this little haven to family and friends and we will definitely be going back.
Well done to all involved.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We've just returned from a weekend at the Barn and feel relaxed, refreshed and very well looked after!

From the moment you walk in, the team look after you, not in an intrusive way, but in a calm relaxed way. From homemade cake and tea on arrival to giving us tips on walks and things to do, I can't fault them.

The room was great, huge comfy bed, great big bathroom and just v comfortable. We had a wonderful 4 course meal and loved being able to bring our own bottles which were chilled and opened for us. Breakfast was perfect too.

We had a few hiccups trying to make our weekend at there barn happen (on our part) but throughout they were so helpful and accommodating and our stay was well worth the wait.

The barn is a haven of calm and I can't recommend it enough. We'll be back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have just returned from The Barn where I was there for 2 days and 1 night for a business retreat. The staff could not do enough for us - the meals were excellent, the cakes wonderful and at breakfast we were treated to home made jam. Food aside, the rooms were exceptional and I can't recommend this place enough. Perfect for a special night away, private party or business day with a difference.

Room Tip: As far as I could see, all rooms where exceptional. Which ever one you get, you will not be dissapoi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midhurst
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa
The Angel Inn
#3 of 3 in Midhurst
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Frensham Pond Hotel

Been to The Barn at Roundhurst? Share your experiences!