“Good & convenient for Gatwick airport”

Masslink Guest House
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“Good & convenient for Gatwick airport”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Masslinks is easy to find being on a main road and provided all I needed for 3 ngts single stay from airport. I arrived early hours of morning and owner was most helpful in providing clear written details at the door about key, etc (it was far too late to be knocking on doors!).
The room was a basic standard single with shared bathroom and very quiet so no problems with sleeping. A good value for money guest house.

Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you for your review of our Guest House. I am very pleased you found everythink to your liking and hope to welcome you once more in the not to distant future.
Alan Coombes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We found the Masslink guest house outstanding. It just ticked all of the boxers, clean, warm and welcoming, together with a nice cooked full English breakfast before our delivery through to the airport, leaving our car safely parked up ready for our return.

Best regards, Tony and Lynne

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for reviewing our Guest House, Masslink. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of leaving your car with use. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Rooms were adequate and single bed size suitable. TV (Small), Coffee and tea facilities in the room, along with a sink. Shared Bathrooms and toilets - always clean. Wonderful breakfast served quickly and pleasantly by Alan the owner (I assume). I paid £41.50 per night and this included Bacon, Eggs, toast and Mushrooms and wonderful coffee. Perfectly positioned next door to Gatwick Airport. Not home but not far off it. I would certainly recommend it and I would certainly stay again. (spent 6 nights)

Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for reviewing Masslink Guest House and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed for one night at Masslink Guest House arriving very late in the evening. The room was extremely comfy, relaxing, clean and made me feel at home. Shared bathroom facilities were excellent, it was quiet and breakfast was good. People were very friendly, took me to the airport for free. I can only recommend to stay there!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for reviewing Masslink Guest House. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we will be welcoming you back in the future.
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed at the Masslink for one night to catch a very early Gatwick flight. The ground floor room was large but the double bed was pushed sideways into an alcove so that there was no way to get to my side of the bed without climbing over my wife. There was only one bedside table which was minute, and pushed hard against that was a single bed (not requested). There was then a large open space, enough for more several beds. The double bed was standard sized and the worst I've slept in since I was a student. The room smelt putrid and neither of us slept well. In the middle of the night I found a window which opened but doing so brought my nose against the curtains, the smell was disgusting. The bathroom with its feeble noisy electric shower did not impress.
A little more care from the owners would have made this tolerable - rearranging the room to suit the guests, spraying some room freshener, washing the curtains occasionally, some professional attention to bathroom design/update.
A generally poor start to a holiday. It may be convenient for Gatwick but so are hundreds of others.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank betelorg
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time ti review Masslink Guest House. We welcome all feedback and althought it is never encouraging to receive negative comments this information is vital to us to improve on the quality, comfort and service we offer.
It would have been nice if you had spoken to us inperson or informed us in a letter about the points you mentioned. If you would like to get intouch please feel free to do so.
Ibiza, Spain
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The place is cozy and very clean! The service is excellent! The rooms are fine, and the Guesthouse has a personal attention.The owner is a very nice man, he took me back to the airport with his car. Definitely a place I would go back!

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Marianoibiza
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Thank you for your review of Masslink Guest House. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look farward to welcoming you back in the future.
johannesburg,southafrica
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Diane and Alan Coombes have run their guesthouse (very convenient for Gatwick Airport flights) for many years and it shows! Though the stay was a very short one, they will remain in my mind for a very long time. They were probably one of the most intelligent and understanding people that I have come across in our years of travel around the world. This is why we prefer the warm and personal attention given by smaller guesthouses and inns. If I require a flight from Gatwick in the future, this is the only place that I will stay. Good luck in the future!

Room Tip: Please ignore "Fitness Centre" rating - I clicked it by accident. Regarding my tip, always...