All reviews single room nice room taxi airport gatwick transport
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Stayed Again at Masslink Guest House, the owner is always friendly, great Service, Fab Breakfast served with a smile. and very best value for the Parking. Very clean all the facilities required.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

Thank you for your third lovely review and stay of course for our Masslink House. It is always a pleasure to welcome back regular guests.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

I have spent 2 nights at Masslink house and to me was a great place to spent the night before my flight early in the morning. The lady who welcomed was very kind. The town is 10 min walking and it is nice with shops, banks and restaurants. I am not disappointed at all. Only ten minutes driving to Gatwick airport. I had the taxi booked since I arrived.

Room Tip: Calm, noiseless, clean
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review Masslink Guest House. I am pleased that you enjoyed your short stay with us.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

only 5 mins by taxi (inc. in price of room ) to the airport and a 10 - 12 minute walk to town centre . clean , comfortable room at a very reasonable price ( mine had shared bathroom which i would not normally choose , but to be fair , this is obviously reflected in the price and everything was clean) . free wifi worked well . perfect for an overnight stay when catching an early flight !

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Thank you for your review of our guest house, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

We stayed at the Masslink for a night for or flight early morning the next day, we had stayed there before and this time it seems to be tired and dated. We needed to be on an early flight, as we were travelling from Devon we thought we would have a good night sleep before travelling. Unfortunately this was not the case, the bed was so uncomfortable, we did not get a lot of sleep, the bed springs were poking you in the back no matter how you tried to move to get comfy. The coffee in the room was the cheapest nastiest coffee you could get, as my wife put it, it was undrinkable, it was obviously bought in bulk and decanted into little Jars. As we were leaving early for the airport we had no chance of breakfast, surly they could just have somewhere if you chose to have a slice of toast or something, but no nothing. Admittedly you get to park your car but so many little things could be done to make it more accommodating, a simple mattress topper would of made it so much more comfortable, coffee sachets. I have to admit we booked on a early bird and then our unfortunately our holiday was cancelled by the tour company due to a suicide bomber. At first I spoke to the gentleman who was not going to refund anything as we were on an early bird booking, i then spoke with Diane we said her brother was less accommodating, admittedly they did change the booking. We were disappointed at the accommodation and the service we received. We still Paid £100 for the night, next time I will be looking at Hotels or guest houses further down the street as there are plenty there to choose from. Unfortunately I am very disappointed at the standard of the guest house. My personal opinion is that the penny pinching had let this place down, as I said we had used this place before and seems to us that it had deteriorated, don't get me wrong Diane who greeted us was pleasant and polite it is just the standard of the beds and the coffee etc

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank loweka1706
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Masslink Guest House.

Reviewed 7 August 2015

Booked the Masslink due to the good reviews on Trip Advisor. We were a little disappointed with the place upon arrival if we're being totally honest. We felt it was in need of redecoration, which would make a big difference. Found the gentleman (not sure of his name as he didn't introduce himself) to be a little unwelcoming upon arrival, certainly not rude, but not as friendly as you should be if you're running a b&b. Yet, his wife who dropped us at the airport the following morning was lovely and friendly, along with the lady serving breakfast.

The room we had was adequate and had free Wi-Fi, which was surprising. The beds weren't the most comfortable and the sheets looked old. The wallpaper was coming loose and felt damp next to the bed at the far side of the room. Although the room size was good, the lack of even a few basic toiletries in the bathroom also let it down. Most people staying for one night would appreciate a small shower gel, shampoo, soap etc, so you don't have to go rooting through your luggage to get this out. Luckily I was prepared for this so brought my own travel size toiletries for the night. There was a heated towel rail, but it didn't work. It was rather cold in the room in the morning.

The breakfast was reasonably priced, served on time and was quite nice. We did request vegetarian breakfasts when we booked, but this was not given or offered on the day.

The car park is very tight and the cars are crammed in. I was worried about leaving the car there if I'm being honest as it's bigger than your average car, but it was fine.

The drop off at the airport was great and we were given the number for a local taxi for getting back, to save us a few pounds.

Overall, it was an adequate stay but place lets itself down on small things, when the road is awash with lots of other guest houses on the same road, it's surprising the owners don't go that extra mile to compete.

We flew from LHR last year and stayed in a beautiful little guest house with parking for around the same price. It was a palace in comparison, purely because they had spent money on the upkeep.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie C
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2015

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Masslink Guest House.

We welcome all feedback and although it is never encouraging to receive negative comments this information is vital to us to improve on the quality, comfort and service we offer.

We would be more than happy to discuss any further points from you stay if you wanted to contact us on enquiries@masslinkguesthouse.co.uk