All reviews gatwick airport short walk single room car parking taxi hosts
Reviewed 20 May 2016

Comfortable and pleasant. Owners are friendly and helpful, Continental breakfast.and transport to airport is arranged.It has free Wifi and free parking if your on a short trip then parking can be arranged at the guesthouse for a fee. This place is good clean and very reasonably priced so very good value.

Room tip: Good clean quiet accomodation if a little dated but hey the price is right
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank saltydognl
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Thank you for your review of Masslink Guest House and we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Comfortable, warm and quiet. Great rest before early flight and always a safe place to park car while away. 10 mins from Gatwick north terminal and friendly taxi is organised for you by the guest house. They even pay for the taxi transfer.
Love staying there as nothing is too much trouble.
Will stay again in September. Thank you.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Thank you for your lovely review of Masslink Guest House and we look forward to welcome you back with us in September.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Very noisy as it's pretty much on a junction.
Uncomfortable double bed with springs making a ridge all the way down the centre of the mattress. Thin pillows.
Shared bathroom which had no sink to wash your hands after using the toilet. Old stained lino didn't look very appealing either. Yeugh!
Old woodchip wallpaper, poorly decorated.
Dreary and dated dining room! Awful breakfast, virtually raw mushrooms and rancid butter. The tea and coffee was very weak and bland.
The internet was good, that's all I can say.
Wouldn't stay again.

Room tip: Rooms at the back might be quieter?
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Masslink Guest House online. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we will work to improve the issues discuss in your online travel review.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

I am writing this review whilst I am laying on probably the best crisp smooth white sheets ever to have graced a bed. Masslink is a small guest house close enough to the airport and the town centre to service all your needs before any flight. It's clean tidy and excellent value for money with parking for a week too. Don't expect ritzy surroundings because this is a typically English guest house with good old English charm. This ticks all the boxes for me and I will certainly be using Masslink again for my sleep Park fly before travelling from Gatwick.
Many thanks.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2016

We were pleased that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning in the future and thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to meeting you again on your next visit

Reviewed 22 April 2016

I have to stay very close to Gatwick a few times a month... I don't generally choose a "preferred" place to stay, I just go with the cheapest that the last minute sites throw up. I've come unstuck on this philosophy a couple of times in the past, in particularly the Russ Court Hotel nearby, but Masslink came up in searches almost every time.

The reason I'd never stayed at Masslink in the past was that it was generally beaten in price by other local B&Bs, but this time it was by far the cheapest... especially when taking the free parking into account.

The Masslink was clean, the owners were very friendly, the breakfast (which is an optional extra) was of very good quality... in fact, I can't really fault Masslink for anything... even the location was only a 5 minute drive from North Terminal.

The single thing that I didn't particularly like, and it's something that given the choice again I'd rather pay a few pounds extra to avoid, was that it's so far the only "budget" B&B that has had a communal bathroom/toilet. Just from experience, in the other 6 or so I've stayed in so far which were of a comparable price, they've all had en suite facilities... and based on that, I'd be slightly careful when choosing Masslink again, but if it's the cheapest option I certainly wouldn't hesitate staying there.

The other thing that made me smile slightly was that there were 3 locations in the room, and one downstairs, that advertised the WiFi password... but my phone wouldn't detect it. As a free service rather than a paid extra this wasn't really a concern, but don't expect "free WiFi" to be available at a super fast speed.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Masslink Guest House. I am sorry you had difficulty connecting to our Wi-Fi. This problem has now been resolved.
Kind regards Alan Coombes