“Wonderful Russia”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Russia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

This was our first trip to Russia; something we’ve wanted to do for some time now but never quite plucked up the courage to take the plunge. Was it the perceived secrecy of the country, its austerity or perhaps the thought of potential security measures? However, having decided to take the Milestones package I can assure anyone that there is nothing to be concerned about.

However it is not a cheap trip. Taking up the optional tours on offer added almost 35% to the cost of the holiday. And as for the cost of the visa – don’t ask!

The other point to make is about the pace. The Milestones website shows it as more leisurely than lively whilst their brochure shows it as something in-between (not quite sure why they’re different). Let me assure you that if you take up the optional tours (and I would certainly recommend that you do as they are amazing) the tour is far from leisurely. On more than one occasion we had to skip some of our meals in order to keep up with the pace.

Having said all of that, the country is amazing, the architecture superb and the people very friendly. Definitely an experience not to be missed.

As far as the “Milestones bit” was concerned I have to say that everything ran like clockwork. All the information and documentation supplied was comprehensive, accurate and provided in a timely manner and left us with no concerns whatsoever that everything was under control. And as for the door to door pick-up I can’t rate that highly enough. To be collected from home and taken right up to the door of the terminal is superb but to be collected and “delivered” back home again after an exhausting trip is priceless.

1 Thank Broadbean47

England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Real "Treasures of Turkey" !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

An excellent long 15 day tour visiting very varied sites every day. It was fun to travel with a relatively small group of 24 individuals who came from 7 different countries. A large,comfortable and well equipped coach plus a knowlegeable and articulate guide meant that some of the longer journeys seemed quite short ! We stayed in top quality hotels with excellent facilities, helpful staff and superior rooms everywhere we went. Our travel stops during the days were always at places where there was a wide variety of fresh cooked food and always at incredibly low prices. In fact the whole tour represented excellent value for money. Perhaps we could have spent another day or two in Istanbul! Well thanks to the volcanic ash cloud we did. We had an unscheduled 6 extra days during which we could safely explore one of the world's great cities.

4 Thank Miller069
Cambridge England
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Marvellous Milestones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

This was our first "organised" holiday, (we usually do things independently), so were hoping things would be ok. We booked the "Sounds & tastes of the South" holiday in the USA.

We could not have had better service from Milestones, and particularly from Sophie,(our tour advisor). Every thing went so smoothly, from the booking and payment, obtaining the USA visa waiver, though to the changes in hotels at Nashville, due to the flooding. If fact we were the only english couple on the trip that did not have any problems with the change in hotels. Other couples (who di not book through Milestonrs), were not told of the changes and had problems in finding the correct hotel. So top marks to Milestones for letting us know about the changes before we went.

The tour was great, and our tour director Greg Martin was excellent, and great fun. He deserves praise for his work.

So overall thank you very much for making our holiday go so well. I guess the only problem now is keeping this high standard up for next time we book with you .

Many Thanks

1 Thank Maurice29
West Sussex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This was my holiday of a lifetime and there wasn't anything further Milestones could have done to enhance my experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

I planned a long stay tour of New Zealand in 2009 to celebrate my 60th birthday. When I found Milestones Tours it seemed to have everything I wanted and the door to door chauffeur clinched it for me. From the first phone call to my personal tour consultant to the day I came home again, everything I needed to make my stay wonderful was provided, from luxury hotels and fabulous locations to the fantastic driver and knowledgable tour director. I shall forever sing their praises!

2 Thank rebelheart49