This was our 4th visit to the restaurant at Langshott Manor in the last 2 years and we have come to expect really excellent service and outstanding food. Once again we were not disappointed.
The hotel is absolutely beautiful and, being a very pleasant evening, we sat out in the garden and had a leisurely glass of champagne whilst we chose from the menu.
The menu is not that extensive but, once again it was difficult to choose because everything sounds so good. Once seated in the small restaurant we were reminded of how this restaurant has just the right balance. The staff are very friendly and not at all stuffy. They are there when you need them and melt into the background when you don't.
The dishes, all innovative British dishes beautifully presented, are just the right size so that you leave the meal absolutely replete rather than full to the brim.
We took coffee in the lounge afterwards and then moved on to some very good single malts. Before we knew it we were the last people there and they just left us to it. They ordered us a taxi and the staff then retired for the night. It made it feel like our own private oak panelled lounge within a 17th Century house. When the taxi arrived we just let ourselves out. Wonderful.
I am sure that you have been to restaurants that are very good but make you feel slightly unsettled by the rarefied atmosphere. Langshott Manor provides outstanding food in a wonderful setting with non of the stuffiness. What a pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langshott Manor is an exquisite four red-star hotel in Surrey. This remarkable venue blends classic character with contemporary and well-thought design. Luxury is fragrant throughout the 16th Century Hotel with rooms and dining options designed to spoil you. Just minutes from Gatwick Airport, Langshott Manor is wonderfully convenient yet retains a tranquil and undisturbed setting. As one of the most distinctive and truly welcoming hotels outside of London, Langshott Manor is the perfect choice for a weekend break, relaxing escape or a refreshing stopover before or after your flight from Gatwick Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langshott Manor Horley
- Langshott Manor Hotel Horley
- Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick Horley, Surrey