We stayed for a night on the indulge package. A luxury room, three course dinner and breakfast included (£258) When we initially rang up the reception staff said it would be £358 but we mentioned we had seen the rate on their website and they relented. A bit of difference there. Not sure if this was just a genuine mistake or an attempt relieve me of another £100. Anyhow, we arrived. The local area isn't really a rural retreat as therer is a new housing estate very close by which spoils it a bit. On entering our room the initial impressions were excellent. Lovely decor and facilities. However, we noted that the bathroom smelt very bad. This was because some lovely person had recently used the toilet and not cleaned up after themselves. So we informed reception who promptly sent up housekeeping. Sorted! I then discovered a collection of dried insects on the window. Nice.
There isn't bar to speak of and everything is lounge based service. The house itself is very old and an absolute treat to look around including the gardens. Our meal was absolutely fantastic, I would recommend the restaurant. The service is painfully slow and whilst the staff are pleasant and attentive when they actually appear! they need to work on their confidence and customer focus. We sat in the dining room earlier in the day and waited twenty minutes for a drinks menu. Followed by another wait for the actual drinks.
Wine list was expensive. The mark up on some alcohol is absurd. We expect to pay more when dining out but £12.50 for 50ml of lagavulin is day light robbery.
Overall, I enjoyed the stay but found myself annoyed by the waiting, dirty bathroom and expensive drinks. Would I stay there again....probably....for the food.
Management.....you could have a perfect establishment if you improved the speed of service, lowered drinks prices and cleaned up a little better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langshott Manor is an exquisite four red-star hotel in Surrey. This remarkable venue blends classic character with contemporary and well-thought design. Luxury is fragrant throughout the 16th Century Hotel with rooms and dining options designed to spoil you. Just minutes from Gatwick Airport, Langshott Manor is wonderfully convenient yet retains a tranquil and undisturbed setting. As one of the most distinctive and truly welcoming hotels outside of London, Langshott Manor is the perfect choice for a weekend break, relaxing escape or a refreshing stopover before or after your flight from Gatwick Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langshott Manor Horley
- Langshott Manor Hotel Horley
- Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick Horley, Surrey