“Cosy Hotel”

Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at Langshot Manor hotel for two nights in June. We had our business meeting at this hotel, as well. It is very close to Gatwick (about 6-7 minutes by taxi), and you feel like you are in the countryside. It's quiet and very old. My room was quite big with a large bed and a very big bathroom. When I arrived, they had forgotten to fill up with shampoo in the bathroom, but when I called it was fixed within 5 minutes. Service is very good and the staff helps in any way they can. The first morning I was the first down to breakfast. I had to wait for about 20 minutes to be served a full english breakfast. Though day two, they managed it in 5 minutes. This is a good hotel if you want to stay ouside of London (and reasonable prices). However, if you want to travel into London city, I would rather pick a hotel in the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a one night stay as a present for my wife's birthday. Booked direct as got as good a deal as by secret escapes and others offered. Luxury room, and it was, 3 course a la carte menu and breakfast. Firstly the building is amazing steeped in history and picturesque. Internally our luxury room was fantastic, comfy very well equipped and a lovely view over the moat. Bathroom was big enough to party in! The common lounge areas are extremely comfy and cosy. Weather was fantastic during stay so we sat outside but can imagine in bad and cold weather would be great tucked up by fire with a glass or two relaxing. Gardens are fantastic with a number of secluded areas to sit and be alone and quiet, we found that to be very peaceful considering close proximity to Gatwick. Lastly the food! We were blown away by the selection and standard of the a la carte menu it was gastronomic. All the staff were impeccably turned out and very friendly would definitely recommend and will be saving my pennies to return for a longer stay as soon as we can

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is the first time we have visited Langshott Manor and it certainly won't be the last. The building is stunning both outside and inside. We stayed in a luxury room which looked out onto the ponds. The room was large, great bathroom and very comfortable bed.
We had the taster menus the first night which was delicious and was accompanied by a great selection of wines (so I am told). The food on the al la carte menu was equally good. The staff throughout our stay were extremely helpful and nothing was too much for them.
We look forward to going back.
We booked through secret escapes making this a fantastic deal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ojl123
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I visited Langshott Manor for a family wedding anniversary, we had exclusive use of the whole place and it was absolutely perfect.

The venue is stunning, with lovely grounds and rooms over looking the lake. The service was fantastic and food beautiful.

It really is worth a visit, I can't recommend highly enough!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Had a delightful afternoon having high tea and champagne for my birthday

Nothing was too much trouble tea was replenished without asking!

We had a Red letter day voucher so instead of the norm £18.50 per head (without the fizz) we paid £15.00 per head!

My only one moan there could of been a few more sandwiches and a savoury selection!.

Perfect setting and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here overnight before going to the Epsom Derby, and while I was on my own I thoroughly enjoyed the peace and tranquillity after a busy business trip in the week.

My room was quite basic but it is an Elizabethan building so difficult to expect all mod cons and style as that would be out of place; nonetheless the room was nicely appointed and comfortable.

I had a drink outside on the small garden terrace before dinner, where they took my dinner order. The food was very pleasant, perhaps slightly nouvelle cuisine in style but very good, especially the steak dish all washed down with a bottle of good red!

Room Tip: Probably upstairs versus the ground floor where I was
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Tucked away in the most unlikely place is a beautiful hotel with the most charming views. The restaurant is beautiful , quaint and with traditional dining and the most exquisite menus. I dined with 3 courses but my next visit I wish to try the 7 course tasting menu as the food is so so beautiful. Didnt stay but guests next table said the rooms were lovely.

Service, surroundings and ambiance impeccable- a real find.

Room Tip: Didnt stay but overheard that guests said the rooms were wonderful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kenyantraveller1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Great Fosters
#1 of 3 in Egham
Sofitel London Gatwick
Gatwick Corner House Hotel

Been to Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick? Share your experiences!