“Great value”

Ranked #7 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This small hotel is so convenient to Gatwick and is a great price! It is basic, no frills, but very comfortable and clean. For an overnight between connecting flights, it was ideal. The food in the restaurant was mediocre, at least what I ordered. I had the veggie burger and it was 2 patties of something like one would find in the freezer section of the supermarket. Maybe other dishes are better. Breakfast ends a bit early, in my opinion (9 am, I think?). There is a cosy little pub on-site, and the staff is wonderful. There is a bit of noise from neighboring rooms, but I just switched on the white noise app on my phone (best app ever!) and fell right asleep. Overall, I'd definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I stayed in new section, which is added on. I can't give any information about rooms in the main...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank keylimejet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Polish first
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I mistakenly entered the time of my arrival at 6 AM instead of 6 PM, so when I showed up there was no room for me. They did get me into the hotel next door, for the same price, and I had a nice clean room, quiet and heated and with a bathroom. I went next door to the Gatwick Belmont and had a nice dinner in the pub, with a cold beer, and I enjoyed the stay very much.

Room Tip: Rooms in the hotel next door are very nice!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
poole
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed overnight before catching a flight on the 13 December.
We are being totally honest as we have always been when giving our reviews,on this occasion we will give you pros and cons as it's a shame about the cons as the pros were fantastic.
Pros
The meals in the restaurant bar were lovely,staff were friendly and the incident with the bedroom next door was dealt with straight away so cannot fault the service.everything spotlessly clean and all services in the room working.
The cost of staying was an absolute bargain as this included the 2 week free parking included with the price and the free transport to the airport itself.
Cons
We stayed in the quad room which unfortunately was situated above the Bar downstairs which when we went to bed could hear everything going on.Once this had stopped we then had the delight of a very noisy T.V from the bedroom next door which after an eternity my partner and 8 year old who could not sleep went down to reception to report this.This was dealt with in a very timely manner.
The Premises itself is very outdated and it's such a shame as this could be a top establishment if this could be resolved.However as mentioned in the Pros everything was spotlessly clean.

Would we go back?I think we had an unlucky night as the hotel had some contractors who we're staying so this did cause the extra noise,so yes we would go again as the cost and the excellent customer service was the saving grace.

Room Tip: If there's another family room,avoid above the bar.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank milliePoole
high wycombe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night before we flew from gatwick, and left our car with them.
Our room was in the newer part of the house, around the back.
The experience was really good, rooms were a good size, bed was huge, but the bathroom was a little on the cold side (perhaps a heated towel rail could be installed to remedy the problem).
The breakfast was not the greatest, didn't matter, but in all honesty I would return here every time we fly from gatwick.
It was seamless from start to finish, inexpensive and most of all the car was in perfect condition and hadn't been driven anywhere!! (Which happens at many an airport parking establishment)

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank glasscarpets
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

A comfortable room at a good price close to Gatwick. We drove to the Belmont the night before our flight to the US, we were warmly welcomed and enjoyed a good value "pub grub" supper before retiring to our family room. The room was small, but warm & comfortable enough for the 4 of us. Likewise breakfast was basic, but set us up fine for the journey. Transfers to and from the airport & car parking ( the really important bits) were excellent. Wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Belmont again when we have an early morning flight from Gatwick.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Quite surprised, rooms were basic but tidy and okay, the staff and service excellet... I was able to leave my car there safely while I flew to Ireland and back. The airport bus service made a big difference to getting to Gatwick and being able to leave luggage securely was very helpful and reasonable. Highly recommened this venue. Like I say the rooms were basic but clean and okay no complaints at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Simon W
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Good value night prior to flying from Gatwick. I got there in the evening, organized room and transfer to the airport. Was flying at 7, so wanted somewhere convenient. Costs 5 pounds more to transfer to airport. Comfortable room though bed slightly small but good for one night. Only problems were the room was a bit cold. As it is December was hoping for a warmer room. Also left early so no option for breakfast. Even a sandwich would have been welcome.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,160 reviews
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport

Been to Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!