“Great value hotel near Gatwick, friendly staff”

Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Great value hotel near Gatwick, friendly staff”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night in January. We had a twin and a triple room and we had no complaints. Only £49 per twin b&b and £59 for the triple. Great value! Breakfast was an all you can eat cold and hot buffet. Very friendly staff. Modern shower room. Only £5 per room transfer to airport. A great find that I'll definitely use again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Golf_Bhoy_73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Polish first
Exeter
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Firstly, this is a great hotel with fantastic friendly staff - I will use again as the location is very convenient for my business. The restaurant is home cooking and very enjoyable. The airport shuttle service is personal and fast!!
However, probably as a result of the economic pricing, there is a rowdy, swearing element of partying clientele which can disturb what would otherwise be an excellent nights sleep.

Room Tip: Request an "outside new room" - these are US motel style rooms, new, clean and very comfor...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This small hotel is so convenient to Gatwick and is a great price! It is basic, no frills, but very comfortable and clean. For an overnight between connecting flights, it was ideal. The food in the restaurant was mediocre, at least what I ordered. I had the veggie burger and it was 2 patties of something like one would find in the freezer section of the supermarket. Maybe other dishes are better. Breakfast ends a bit early, in my opinion (9 am, I think?). There is a cosy little pub on-site, and the staff is wonderful. There is a bit of noise from neighboring rooms, but I just switched on the white noise app on my phone (best app ever!) and fell right asleep. Overall, I'd definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I stayed in new section, which is added on. I can't give any information about rooms in the main...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank keylimejet
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I mistakenly entered the time of my arrival at 6 AM instead of 6 PM, so when I showed up there was no room for me. They did get me into the hotel next door, for the same price, and I had a nice clean room, quiet and heated and with a bathroom. I went next door to the Gatwick Belmont and had a nice dinner in the pub, with a cold beer, and I enjoyed the stay very much.

Room Tip: Rooms in the hotel next door are very nice!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
poole
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed overnight before catching a flight on the 13 December.
We are being totally honest as we have always been when giving our reviews,on this occasion we will give you pros and cons as it's a shame about the cons as the pros were fantastic.
Pros
The meals in the restaurant bar were lovely,staff were friendly and the incident with the bedroom next door was dealt with straight away so cannot fault the service.everything spotlessly clean and all services in the room working.
The cost of staying was an absolute bargain as this included the 2 week free parking included with the price and the free transport to the airport itself.
Cons
We stayed in the quad room which unfortunately was situated above the Bar downstairs which when we went to bed could hear everything going on.Once this had stopped we then had the delight of a very noisy T.V from the bedroom next door which after an eternity my partner and 8 year old who could not sleep went down to reception to report this.This was dealt with in a very timely manner.
The Premises itself is very outdated and it's such a shame as this could be a top establishment if this could be resolved.However as mentioned in the Pros everything was spotlessly clean.

Would we go back?I think we had an unlucky night as the hotel had some contractors who we're staying so this did cause the extra noise,so yes we would go again as the cost and the excellent customer service was the saving grace.

Room Tip: If there's another family room,avoid above the bar.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank milliePoole
high wycombe
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night before we flew from gatwick, and left our car with them.
Our room was in the newer part of the house, around the back.
The experience was really good, rooms were a good size, bed was huge, but the bathroom was a little on the cold side (perhaps a heated towel rail could be installed to remedy the problem).
The breakfast was not the greatest, didn't matter, but in all honesty I would return here every time we fly from gatwick.
It was seamless from start to finish, inexpensive and most of all the car was in perfect condition and hadn't been driven anywhere!! (Which happens at many an airport parking establishment)

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank glasscarpets
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

A comfortable room at a good price close to Gatwick. We drove to the Belmont the night before our flight to the US, we were warmly welcomed and enjoyed a good value "pub grub" supper before retiring to our family room. The room was small, but warm & comfortable enough for the 4 of us. Likewise breakfast was basic, but set us up fine for the journey. Transfers to and from the airport & car parking ( the really important bits) were excellent. Wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Belmont again when we have an early morning flight from Gatwick.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Turret Guest House

Been to Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!