I recently stayed at the Gatwick Belmont on two layovers at Gatwick Airport. We were looking for a reasonably priced guest house that offered free shuttle service to/from the airport and offered clean rooms with a good hot shower. We were very pleased with the facility. Upon arrival at the airport early in the morning, we went to the free phones located at the airport for hotel shuttles. Within 15 minutes, the shuttle arrived and brought us to the hotel which was a short 5 minute drive from the airport. It was well before prescribed check-in time, but 2 rooms were ready and we were provided with early check-in. This was really appreciated since we had been on an overnight flight and really looked forward to a shower and change of clothes. The hotel is within easy walking distance (about a 10 minute walk) of a small town called Horley. Horley offers several places to eat and some small shops to browse while recovering from jet lag. There is also a large grocery store and it is just a pleasant place to walk around. The hotel room was small, but perfectly fine for the short stay on the way in and the way out of Gatwick. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. We did not eat at the hotel, but spoke to other guests who did and they raved about the food. They had the fish and chips. The hotel has a small bar and a friendly atmosphere. The staff and owners were quite friendly and offered great service. I stayed there again the night before an early flight out of Gatwick. Again, the shuttle service was great. You let the desk know what time you want to leave the night before, and the shuttle left promptly on time. The front desk also printed boarding passes for us. In addition, there was a computer with internet service available at no charge (a donation to a charity was recommended lieu of a charge). I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gatwick Belmont hotel is one of the superior independently family run Gatwick hotels in the LGW area, set in the quiet, leafy residential Surrey town of Horley. Despite the close location to Gatwick, unlike some airport hotels it’s not in the flight path and located literally just 5 minutes from Gatwick Airport with onsite pub restaurant it's the ideal location and also offers airport transfers and car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, SpeedyBooker.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatwick Belmont Hotel And Restaurant
- Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant Horley, Surrey