I think I ought to start by saying that I have stayed in many different types of accommodation (generally cheap and cheerful) and tend to go along with the "it's just a place to get your head down" type of approach.
The staff here were lovely and really welcoming. However, strangely, when we returned from our night out in London at 4AM, we were informed that they had "waited ages" for us to return. I didn't quite understand why we were informed of this, given that it's a 24 hour reception (and had checked this prior to heading into London for the night). We also had to wait for ages to get into the hotel as the night bell didn't work (not good on a freezing cold night in December!).
The room looked fine. Beds were clean but VERY VERY soft so, if you've got a bad back, bear this in mind.
The en-suite bathroom was very dated and there was no cold water. Both taps ran hot. Also, the bathroom smelt strongly of stale urine and, when the toilet flushed, we were left with a smell of sewage.
The room was boiling hot, even with the windows open.
The worst part was when we got woken up by kids screaming and shouting in the corridor at 7.30AM and people slamming their doors. Given that this is more like a house than a hotel (ie. no sound proofing and chip board doors), there is no way you can escape the immense amount of noise. I guess most people are getting up early to go to the airport but I did feel for anyone who had arrived late after a long flight. We were meant to have a late check out but we left at 8.30AM because there was no point in trying to sleep any longer.
Basically, a pleasant enough place but, if you are concerned about cleanliness of bathrooms, and noise, I would avoid this place. For our purpose, it didn't suit but I might stay there if I was needing to get an early flight the next morning because you've got no chance of sleeping in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gatwick Belmont hotel is one of the superior independently family run Gatwick hotels in the LGW area, set in the quiet, leafy residential Surrey town of Horley. Despite the close location to Gatwick, unlike some airport hotels it’s not in the flight path and located literally just 5 minutes from Gatwick Airport with onsite pub restaurant it's the ideal location and also offers airport transfers and car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatwick Belmont Hotel And Restaurant
- Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant Horley, Surrey