I almost always book into a hotel with parking the night before flying from Gatwick, as this extends the length of my holiday somewhat. I had stayed here a few years ago, have tried some bigger (but less friendly) airport hotels since and while shopping around for a deal decided to just stick with what I know. I'm glad I did.
The hotel is easy to find and reception is 24 hours so you can arrive at a time that suits you. The staff are friendly and attentive. The room I had was more than adequate, nice double bed, tv and ensuite bathroom. The bar was open until midnight (I think) so time for a nightcap before retiring.
In the morning the buffet breakfast was spot on and probably what prompted me to return, a great way to start the day ahead of your journey.
I had time in the morning to walk into the town to get a newspaper, just a five minute walk from the centre if that. Might come earlier night time and visit one of the local pubs.
The transfer to the airport was very quick, nice personal service from the hotel owner.
On my return to the UK I was delayed by a day and would like to thank the owner for his understanding - he could have charged me an extra night's parking but didn't. My car also had a flat battery in the freezing temperatures, and I was even allowed to have toast and coffee and use the computer while I waited for Green Flag.
As I say I have tried larger, supposedly more luxurious hotels but in future will just stick with the Gatwick Belmont.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gatwick Belmont hotel is one of the superior independently family run Gatwick hotels in the LGW area, set in the quiet, leafy residential Surrey town of Horley. Despite the close location to Gatwick, unlike some airport hotels it’s not in the flight path and located literally just 5 minutes from Gatwick Airport with onsite pub restaurant it's the ideal location and also offers airport transfers and car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatwick Belmont Hotel And Restaurant
- Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant Horley, Surrey