“Home from home”

Cumberland House Gatwick
Ranked #2 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very friendly owners who go out of their way to provide a tailored service. The property is very convenient to Gatwick, clean and efficiently run. Carmel & Clive thoroughly deserve their excellent reviews, and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
carmel f, Owner at Cumberland House Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear DaveT06, It was lovely to have you stay at Cumberland House. I am delighted to know that we met with your approval and Thank You for your Excellent Feedback too. We look forward to having you stay@cumberlandhousegatwick.com next time you are over. Warm Regards Carmel

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Once again Carmel and Clive have welcomed us as friends and extended their generous hospitality and care. There is nowhere better to stay in the Gatwick area. I will continue to recommend this establishment without reservation and it is obvious from the number of reviews by returning visitors that I am not alone in this judgement.
Well done and my best wishes for your continued success.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear SusanScott57, It is always lovely to see you. Thank you for your continued support Susan. We know you recommend Cumberland House as we have met all your family and it is lovely that you are now introducing us to your friends too. Hope your next flight is out of Gatwick. Warm Regards Carmel.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We always stay with Clive & Carmel when flying from Gatwick, and thoroughly recommend this clean and friendly B&B. We always use the pub down the road Ye Olde Six Bells for a pre flight meal the night before, a perfect start to our holidays. Pick up, on return from holiday is always quick with no hanging around in a cold parking bay. Well done Clive & Carmel, look forward to seeing you in January.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandy F, It is always lovely to see you both. I still laugh when I see the photo of your husband waving from the top bunk. Now that we Cater Exclusively for Adults the bunks are gone, so he wont go climbing up there again. :) Also thank you for following cumberlandhousegatwick on our Facebook Page. We look forward to seeing you both again soon. Warm Regards Carmel.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I was having a nightmare of a journey home after my connecting flight was cancelled but my short stay at Cumberland house really helped me recharge my batteries. Carmel was extremely considerate and caring. She came to pick me up at 5 AM from Gatwick, let me sleep in and have a late breakfast and then drove me back to the airport. The room was nice and cozy, with a no-fuss check in and check out - exactly what I needed at that moment. The place is very clean and the fruit salad was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Prolett

Dear Prolett, Thank you for your excellent feedback. I remember you arriving, you were so exhausted as your journey was not quite going to plan for you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us and maybe one day you might even come back to stay@cumberlandhousegatwick.com Warm Regards Carmel.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had two very pleasant stays at Cumberland House last month, before and after a short holiday in Italy. The flight to Italy was not without drama and, not surprisingly, the heroine of the story was Carmel. As we were preparing to check in for our flight, I heard an announcement that I was to report to the Information Desk immediately. I could not imagine what was going on. When I arrived at the Information Desk, I was told that Carmel had called to say that I had left my passport case behind and she was on the way to the airport to bring it to me. The case contained not only my passport, but quite a lot of cash, a credit card, and a debit card. A very nice young man volunteered to race out to the passenger delivery area to retrieve it for me and we managed to check in on time for our flight. There is no doubt that Carmel saved the day.
After our week in Italy, we returned to Cumberland House and our party of four from the US were joined by four friends from Portugal. When the Portuguese contingent arrived, on a very cold afternoon, Carmel warmed them up with tea, coffee, hot chocolate and some of her homemade bread pudding. And when we came down for breakfast the next morning, we found a table set for eight with a large bowl of freshly-cut fruit as the star attraction - a wonderful way to start the day.
Although I have stayed at Cumberland House many times, this was a first for all of the others and they were not disappointed!
I would not hesitate for one moment to recommend Cumberland House to anyone in need of accommodation near Gatwick. I am convinced that this is still the very best choice.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Velhota, It is always great to see you. It was lovely for us to meet your family on this trip. The surprise get together for your friend was 'the best' it was so nice that she could come over from Portugal. Hope to see you again soon. Warm Regards Carmel.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Not only is this a superb B & B with luxury bedrooms and en-suites and delicious multi-choice breakfasts (even scrambled egg with smoked salmon as an alternative to full English), you can leave your car there when travelling from Gatwick, at very modest cost, including chauffeuring you to the airport,and collecting you on your return, at any time of day or night. Carmel and Clive go out of their way to give a truly personal service.
An added bonus is a lovely old country pub within easy walking distance serving a wide range of excellent evening meals (The Six Bells at Horley).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Smudge242, Thank You for your excellent feedback. It is always lovely to see you both. We are nearly there now with renovating the bedrooms....2 more Luxury rooms will be available from the 17th February and hopefully the remaining 3 will be complete by the end of March 2014. Glad you like the upgraded Breakfast Menu, it is going down a treat! Hope your next flight will be Gatwick again. Warm Regards
Carmel.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed here the night before our holiday in October. Check in was quick and easy. The room was a good standard with a nice bathroom. We had full english breakfast the following morning which was great... and the owners are very pleasant. Will definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
carmel f, Owner at Cumberland House Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Hi CraigShadd, Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.com We really appreciated you taking the time to do so. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Cumberland House met your expectations. We look forward to your next stay@cumberlandhousegatwick.com
Warm Regards
Carmel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Sofitel London Gatwick
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Trumbles Guest Accommodation

Been to Cumberland House Gatwick? Share your experiences!