“Home from Home and more”

Cumberland House Gatwick
Ranked #2 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have reviewed this hotel before but after my last visit I feel I need to write a further review. We stay at Cumberland House at least twice a year and everytime we get the warmest of welcomes from Carmel & Clive. On this occasion they had discovered from a social Media sight that it had just been my Birthday and I was greeted with the wonderful surprise of a Birthday Cake made specially for me by Carmel. Clive reunited me with the days of pass the parcel with my minature bottle of wiskey that started the size of a full size bottle.This is just an example of how this couple go out of their way to give 100% to there guests to make there stay memorable.

Now about the hotel, we have been staying for around 4 years now and in that time we have seen the hotel go through may improvements but this hotel is now transformed in terms of the rooms all furnished to a very high standard with high quality bedding and terrific en suite facilities.The breakfast menu just gets bigger and bigger and you are always spoilt, from fresh fruit, yogurts,cerials,local home made jams and cooked breakfasts. A help youirself buffet breakfast for early risers is always available.

The Hotel Provides parking whilst you are away with a very efficient airport transfer 24hrs a day. This I can testify to, as on this visit I had to call Carmel at 2.30 in the morning and within 15 mins there she was at the airport to pick us up.

Carmel and Clive you work like trojans and should be proud of your Hotel and I hope I have the pleasure of staying with you for many more years.

Room Tip: All rooms are now good. Ask for a room at back if you are a light sleeper to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have stayed several times & can't praise Carmel & Clive's efficient & friendly service enough. The very first time we tried to book the old computer system booked us in but they were actually full, so Carmel arranged accommodation nearby, but as they only did a continental breakfast, Clive picked us up & Carmel cooked breakfast for us! (For no charge!!)
The free airport collection & drop-off is a wonderful service & the location is good for many attractions in Surrey & Sussex.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Cumberland. Highly recommended by friends, the Cumberland more than came up to it's great reputation. Comfortable rooms, fantastic breakfast, easy free Wifi (Flight online book-in) and a really convenient location and transfer to the Airport. All this with onsite parking for the week. Excellent value for money and a brilliant service. Would highly recommend a stay at the Cumberland.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stevie046
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Can't recommend the Cumberland enough, fantastic hosts, great accommodation with parking, and airport pick up and drop off included. We have stayed at numerous locations around Gatwick but this is the first one we actually feel positive about. The B & B has a great location for the airport and the accommodation is great, the breakfast is well cooked, the parking is safe and the Hosts are lovely. It is a no brainer !!

Room Tip: All rooms have been refurbished
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I highly recommend Cumberland House. I have been staying there on several occasions for the last ten years.I also recommend it for my clients and friends. Carmel and Clive are a great couple and do a great job. They always give a friendly welcome. A nice cup of tea or coffee when you arrive and make you really feel at homeThe rooms are really well equipped and spotlessly clean. The breakfast is second to none.You can book here with confidence

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Excellent customer service, welcoming, clean place & friendly owners! It is a home away from home. Cumberland B&B is a place anyone will always return to. It is a place one is not ashamed to recommend to loved ones and for that reason, next time I pass by together with my dear wife, we shall definitely spend the moments there. Wishing You Many More Customers From Jersey & Beyond!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin P
Reviewed 25 April 2014

As soon as we walked through the door at Cumberland House we were given a friendly welcome by Carmel who runs the Cumberland with her husband Clive. We were shown to our newly refurbished room which inlcluded a king size double bed, nice comfortable furniture, flat screen tv and in fact everything you could ask for including free wifi. The bathroom was also brand new and immaculate with a great shower and fluffy big towels and a very good range of toiletries. That evening we were all set to book a taxi to attend a nearby wedding reception but Carmel so kindly said that Clive would drop us there which we thought was such a kind gesture.

We slept really well and enjoyed an excellent full English breakfast which was cooked to perfection and we were left wanting for nothing by our hosts.

Thanks again and all the best to such hardworking and friendly hosts Carmel & Clive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Trumbles Guest Accommodation
Springwood Guest House Gatwick

Been to Cumberland House Gatwick? Share your experiences!