“Good close airport hotel”

Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed here for 1 night and had 15 days parking prior to a morning flight. I booked at Holiday Extras and got a good deal on hotel and parking. The hotel itself is only 5 minutes from the south terminal making it quick to get there on the bus that leaves every 15 minutes from directly outside the hotel entrance. You can park your car in the rear car park and it is brought round to the front of the hotel for upon your return.

Reception and public areas are well presented and clean. I had asked for a room with fridge and the hotel kindly gave me an executive room. I initially asked to change my room as there was an interconnecting door which I have previousily found to have noise from the next door room and there were 2 single beds. The hotel kindly gave me an alternative room with 1 bed in. The room/bathroom was all fine and had the usual amenities in including tea/coffee facilities.

I did not use the hotel bar/restaurant because as with most hotels, especially those near the airport they are so over priced. Instead, I walked 10 minutes from the hotel where there is a nice pub called the Ye Old Six Bells which has good value food and drink.

I would stay at the Holiday Inn again, if I could get a good deal.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichardH40
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Richard H

We were very pleased to read your encouraging review of the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Catherine James

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 31 January 2014

After a flight cancellation on Xmas Eve we went back to spend a extra night here. Having spent a long and frustrating day at the airport, it was so nice to be met with a friendly, happy face--Alicia.Excellent customer service!
Helpful and efficient we were soon checked in. Rooms spotless and comfortable and quiet. Would stay here again. Only downside the breakfast was at best lukewarm and below avarage.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear sue o

Thank you for your very nice review following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly. especially Alicia.

Thank you for your valuable feedback about breakfast, we will pass this onto the chef. I can assure you that this is not our normal high standard of service.

We hope we can look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed here for a night after our holiday. When we checked in the receptionist told me they had already took a card hold on my debit card before we arrived as this was the card I paid for? I said I would like the hold of £50 to be put on my Visa card as they have been known before to not release it until a few days after your stay, this became a bit of an issue as the two ladies on reception didn't seem at first to understand due to english not being there first language.
After eventually them sorting it out we got to our room, this was a twin room which was ok for the night but the beds are really small, they were like a child's single bed rather than a normal single bed, so glad it was only for one night.

The bathroom was on the small side and there was a smell of urine on the curtain, from reading some of the other reviews I think we were just unlucky with this room. Breakfast was really good, everything you could want to start the day.

Overall it was ok for a night, usually use Holiday Inns allot and don't normally have any issues, so I will put it down to a one off.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Wirraltravller.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.

We are very sorry for any confusion when you arrived regarding the £50 pre-authorisation.

I have taken your valuable comments up with our Head Housekeeper regarding your room.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

First impressions of this hotel was good, very clean and busy, hotel room was basic and clean, bathroom as expected and again very well kept. All the usual services laid on with some complementary ones.
The bar was good, well priced and offered good service again clean and comfortable.
We dined in the main restaurant, the food was good, nothing special taste wise and slightly expensive for what you got, however you would expect to pay more for staying close to the Airport.
I was disappointed that the car park wasn't included in the price ( free) I appreciate people leave cars there and go away but staying overnight I don't think should be charged for. The car park is massive and no issues finding parking.
Check in and out was straightforward even at 4am !
Recommended to others and would stay there again,

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank horse1uk
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Horse1uk

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, it is very much appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we do have Park, stay and go packages which include parking on our website. If you every want to stay again in the future, please contact the hotel direct. Our Reception or Reservations department would be very happy to assist you with your booking.

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night here and nothing to complain about. I got extra toiletries when asked and the front desk staff were nice. Only thing that they could improve on is make wifi free. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. 4/5.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Asokore

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport.

Both staff and management were all very encouraged by your recommendation.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Flew into Gatwick from Helsinki on a chilly Saturday morning with my family. Although we arrived early, well before noon, the receptionist checked us in and gave us a room so we could ditch our luggage and head out to downtown London for a day before the flight next morning. The room was nice although pretty basic, but the hotel should improve the thermal insulation on the windows and then the temperature drops below freezing, as it did during the one night stay we spent there, you can feel how the room temperature also drops.

The hotel breakfast room opens 6AM even at Syndays which is great if your flight departs before noon.

There is shuttle bus service available between the hotel and the Gatwick airport at a cost of 3 pounds per person.

I'm happy to recommend this hotel to anyone for a stay over nights in Gatwick and for a few day business trips in the area although some consideration is adviced during winter.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Raitis20
Thank you for your review on the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport.
We were very pleased to read that you were happy with your check in experience, breakfast and the bus transfers to and from the airport.
We do apologise that you found the room cold, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We were delighted to read that you would recommend the hotel.
We do hope you and your family will book to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here as a part of six prior to our flight to Orlando. Rooms were great. Bus to airport was great for £3.00 each. Picked up our car on return and that was a great way to end the holiday. We ate in the restaurant and that was fine. Would stay again if flying out of Gatwick

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear SIH135

We were very pleased to read you had a great stop over at the Holiday Inn London- Gatwick before your flight out of Gatwick.

We do hope you had a fabulous time in Orlando.

We look forward to welcoming you back, when you next fly out of Gatwick.

Catherine James

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Sofitel London Gatwick

Been to Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport? Share your experiences!