“Convenient Location”

Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the start and end of a two week holiday abroad. The large room we stayed in (there were four of us, two adults and two kids) was clean and provided adequate space for the one night. Reception staff were friendly and very helpful (we needed a wheelchair on the return journey and this was no problem at all).

It was very busy in the evening and getting a table for dinner was hard so I would advise booking if you know you want to eat here.

Top tip: if you're going to have breakfast ask the receptionist for the vouchers. This cuts the cost significantly for the adult breakfasts and kids can eat for free. ;-)

We'll stay here again if we fly from gatwick.

Stayed: August 2014
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Not_that_Potter
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us and for your positive comments regarding the Reception staff.
We are delighted you enjoyed both your stays with us and we do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Not the easiest of hotels to find but very well suited our needs of airport parking and an overnight stay prior to flying
I thought the total package quite competatively priced
It was very very busy but to be expected at what was the height of the holiday season

Dear Eva T
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport and for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
We do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We chose this hotel through Holiday Extras as it seemed to offer great value for an airport parking package including breakfast for my husband and I. Unfortunately on arrival the hotel hadn't received the memo about our date change - fortunately I had my confirmation to hand and we were placed in a disabled room. We were planning to do a Twilight check-in and asked about the shuttle - we were told we had to pay (I admit I hadn't noticed that on the booking but it didn't make it clear that the fare was one way. I paid £18 thinking it was for 2 return journeys for us all - not so! After dropping our bags we got on the bus back to the hotel and the driver informed me that my tickets were one way. I had specifically asked the hotel staff for 2 return journeys for the family and thought that my £18 had covered it. It turned out that he had only charged me for 1 return journey so I would have to shell out another £18 to take us to the airport for our flight.

I didn't pay for wi-fi in the room but it's another charge.

The water bottle on the dinner table looks nice, it's not until you open it that you realise it is £3.95.

I couldn't wait to get out and won't stay here again. We've stayed further away and not had to pay for a shuttle bus. I complained as did others as it is not clear that the charge is one way and it's very expensive.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank CarolineFortune

Dear Caroline F
I do sincerely apologise that the charge for the bus was not clear on your booking; we will take that up with Holiday Extras for future bookings. The shuttle bus is £3.00 each way for Adults and £1.50 for Children each way. It is run by a local bus company on behalf of the Holiday Inn.
I will take your valuable comments regarding the water in the restaurant up with our Food & Beverage Manager.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at the Hotel.
I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is the 3rd Holiday Inn we've stayed at in the last fortnight (Coventry and Bath being the other two) and once again, no surprises... a comfortable room, decent food, a reasonable rate and reasonably professional staff.
Even though they are branded Holiday Inn, I think this chain is more suited to a one night stopover - on the way to somewhere else. There's nothing charming about them at all - it's all pretty functional but the important thing is... it all functions.
And of course this one is only about 8 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear panther029
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport and for your positive comments regarding the room, food and rate.
I do hope that we met your expectations and we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We looked around for parking and overnight hotel at Gatwick at short notice. There were a number of places a bit further away from Gatwick that were a bit cheaper but we had an early flight and with 2 small kids, even an extra 1/2 hour in bed in the morning makes life easier!

The Holiday Inn came up at £180 for bed for 4 and 15 nights parking. This was c. twice as much as cheaper places. When we arrived the friendly staff welcomed us and we went to our room. The Family room was not really a family room - one coudble bed and a small double sofa bed. Premier Inn offer 2 single beds in their family room. Thankfully our 2 kids get on well and this was not an issue.Food was nice although the tartare sauce with the fish and chips was slimy and unpleasant. The hotel was pretty tired looking in the corridors but the room was fine. The thing that got my goat was having to pay £5 for 1 hours WiFi. It is free elsewhere and for an expensive (relatively) room not having it has made me far less likely to book with Holiday Inn again.

1  Thank Phil A
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Phil A
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor and for your positive comments regarding our friendly staff.
I would like to explain, that we do have rooms with 2 single beds for a family. However you do need to book these rooms well in advance if you require that specific room type.
With reference to the internet charges, from July 1st 2014 IHG have awarded their Reward members free Internet in all of their hotels. If you are not a member and would like to become one; please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to help you with the enrolment forms.
I would like to assure you that I will take your valuable comments about the tartar sauce with the Head Chef.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is located in a very convenient location to Gatwick Airport. There is also a shuttle bus that transports regularly to the airport for a small fee. The rooms were comfortable and had all the basic amenitites. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the restaurant down stairs serves lovely meals. The only down side was that there was no free wi-fi. After travelling all over the world and staying in cheaper accommodation that included this as standard, that was a little disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear JJYTraveller,
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Holiday Inn London Gatwick and for your positive comments regarding the comfort of your room, the restaurant and our friendly staff.
In case you didn’t know we now offer free WiFi to all IHG Reward Club members which you can sign up for on the website. I hope this helps for your future stays.
Kind Regards,
Lauren Slade

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here for one night with my mother following brief visit to Brighton for a funeral. Dinner, bed and breakfast package at £80 for two represented excellent value. Dinner (3-course set menu) offered good choice of high quality food with generous portions but service was not speedy! Breakfast was an extensive hot and cold buffet. Our twin room had very comfortable beds and was spotlessly clean. Everything in the room (lights, air conditioning, TV remote control, shower, wifi, etc) worked. Staff were helpful and friendly. Access from M23 was easy. I would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear HET802,
Thank you for your positive review following your recent stay at The Holiday Inn London Gatwick and for your comments regarding the value of your stay, breakfast buffet and out friendly staff.
We apologise for the slow service that you received on this occasion, we will take this into account so thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kindest Regards,
Lauren Slade

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Sofitel London Gatwick
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport? Share your experiences!