“Good for early flights”

Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed here one night as we had a really early flight from Gatwick.
The rooms are comfortable and standard plus we got a good deal.
There is a bar and restaurant on the ground floor that was quite busy and looked ok.
The bus to the terminals comes every 10mins. The £3 per person charge is steep but it doesn't take long to get to the terminals, We got a train to Gatwick airport but there was also parking that looked expensive and very full.
I would recommend if you've got an early or late flight and can get a good deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high level, away from the lift shaft
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMacL0nd0n
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear JMacL0nd0n
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport and for you positive comments regarding the rooms.
We do have many deals on our Park, Stay and Go packages, I am sure you would be pleasantly surprised at the cost should you want to book this next time you stay.
We also have a Park, Stay & Go Club membership that you can join which gives you discounts on your stays and parking,This is set up specifically for this hotel. If you would like to know more about this, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to enrol you and send you the details.
We do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Catherine James

Write a ReviewReviews (2,036)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed for 1 night as outbound trip for early flight and charges included 14 nights parking. Prices a little high for what you get and room size small but I had to balance this out with return taxi fare had I not driven my car. Shuttle costs to airport are additional but for what you pay this should be included if only for one of the party. Wifi useage is also charged unless your a member of holiday inn reward scheme.
Your car is moved on checkout to a long distance car park and when you return it isn't close enough to the hotel. This will be a problem if its raining. As the hotel is aware of your return date in advance they should ensure your car is parked nearer to the building. Oh and they don't even tell you where the car is located, you just wonder around the car park to find it. Might be helpful to put up zone signs to assist you and then ensure reception is aware of this to pass it onto you on return.
This hotel is a little more than budget but nothing special. Next time I would look at other hotels first.

Dear ynotme45
Thank you choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport and for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
I would like to sincerely apologise if your car was not parked near the front of the hotel ready for you to collect. We have four pick up zones in the hotel grounds and some cars will be closer to the main entrance than others. If you would like us to ensure that in future your car is parked nearer the entrance, please let us know when leaving your car keys at Reception. I am sorry if the pick up zone where your car was parked was not pointed out to you when you picked up your car keys. I would like the opportunity to investigate this further for you. If possible; please could you contact me directly at the Hotel with more details.
I do hope that you will re-consider staying with us again in the future and we can look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Booked for airport - Reception staff are amazing but totally snowed under by volume & complexity of the parking scheme with 2-3 on at one time when needs 5 at minimum ( used hotel for outbound & return flights and took 40 mins to get checked-in on both occasions)

Please note your car is moved 3 miles offsite offsite and their return parking is bit hapazard - can be left on a grass verge ! Also hotel advertises park&ride scheme as handy for airport but discovered additional charge - allow another £18 for this for a family !

Restaurant staff are also very good / food excellent but price for a family eating a bit steep

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear kevin p
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport and for your lovely comments regarding the Reception and Restaurant Staff.
We are very sorry for the delay in being checked in; I will take valuable comments up with the Front Office Manager.
I will also take your comments regarding the car parking up with our Car Parking Manager. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel.
I would also like to take this opportunity to explain that our bus service is run by a local bus company; which is the reason for the £3.00 charge for adults and £1.50 for a child.
I do hope this does not deter you from booking to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Nothing special, rooms were clean, food was Ok if not a bit expensive, check in was quick, check out quicker and the shuttle to the airport was good if not a bit expensive for what it is.

I would use it again if flying from Gatwick.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear James B
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport.
We are delighted you would stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the start and end of a two week holiday abroad. The large room we stayed in (there were four of us, two adults and two kids) was clean and provided adequate space for the one night. Reception staff were friendly and very helpful (we needed a wheelchair on the return journey and this was no problem at all).

It was very busy in the evening and getting a table for dinner was hard so I would advise booking if you know you want to eat here.

Top tip: if you're going to have breakfast ask the receptionist for the vouchers. This cuts the cost significantly for the adult breakfasts and kids can eat for free. ;-)

We'll stay here again if we fly from gatwick.

Stayed: August 2014
Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Not_that_Potter
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us and for your positive comments regarding the Reception staff.
We are delighted you enjoyed both your stays with us and we do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Not the easiest of hotels to find but very well suited our needs of airport parking and an overnight stay prior to flying
I thought the total package quite competatively priced
It was very very busy but to be expected at what was the height of the holiday season

Dear Eva T
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport and for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
We do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We chose this hotel through Holiday Extras as it seemed to offer great value for an airport parking package including breakfast for my husband and I. Unfortunately on arrival the hotel hadn't received the memo about our date change - fortunately I had my confirmation to hand and we were placed in a disabled room. We were planning to do a Twilight check-in and asked about the shuttle - we were told we had to pay (I admit I hadn't noticed that on the booking but it didn't make it clear that the fare was one way. I paid £18 thinking it was for 2 return journeys for us all - not so! After dropping our bags we got on the bus back to the hotel and the driver informed me that my tickets were one way. I had specifically asked the hotel staff for 2 return journeys for the family and thought that my £18 had covered it. It turned out that he had only charged me for 1 return journey so I would have to shell out another £18 to take us to the airport for our flight.

I didn't pay for wi-fi in the room but it's another charge.

The water bottle on the dinner table looks nice, it's not until you open it that you realise it is £3.95.

I couldn't wait to get out and won't stay here again. We've stayed further away and not had to pay for a shuttle bus. I complained as did others as it is not clear that the charge is one way and it's very expensive.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank CarolineFortune

Dear Caroline F
I do sincerely apologise that the charge for the bus was not clear on your booking; we will take that up with Holiday Extras for future bookings. The shuttle bus is £3.00 each way for Adults and £1.50 for Children each way. It is run by a local bus company on behalf of the Holiday Inn.
I will take your valuable comments regarding the water in the restaurant up with our Food & Beverage Manager.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at the Hotel.
I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.
Catherine James

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Sofitel London Gatwick
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport? Share your experiences!