“Where to stay the night before”

Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 29 April 2009

We stayed here the night before our flight back to the USA. My only objection is that they charge for a 5 minute bus ride to and from the airport. It is three pounds, and the bus driver tried to rip me off since I offered Euros or Dollars. The hotel to its credit did pay for the return to the airport.

We received in our room, orange juice, water, and a candy bar for free. I ate lunch in the Pub and dinner in the Traders restaurant in the hotel. The local prices were similar to US Dollars but in pounds, so it was about a 50% premium to what I was used to. Having said that I found the food served at the hotel was much better than that at the usual Holiday Inn;

The rooms were fairly roomy and I was quite happy with the arrangements.

They had vending machines for essentials. Another gripe was there was no ice machine available. You had to go to the pub for ice.

There was internet available but at 15 Pounds for 24 hours, much more than the cost at any US hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hhiguy

Reviewed 25 April 2009

Having stayed at Holiday Inn recenty in London and not enjoyed the experience, I checked into the Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport with some reservations. I was welcomed warmly and the check in agent was friendly and very helpful - so off to a good start.

The room on the fourth floor was very large and even had a twio-seater sofa in the corner. The room was welcoming and functional. The TV was dated compared to some hotels though I could still catch up on my regular shows. I asked for more towels and these were forthcoming without any questions. Addiitonally, I enjoyed room service on both nights in the hotel and the food was pretty good. The service was friendly and smiling throughout and I found everyone willing to please.

A much better experience than I expected, so well done.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Holliday
Reviewed 25 April 2009

The dedicated shuttle bus charges 3 pounds each way. They charge 15 pounds for "24 hours" of Internet access, knowing (I believe) full well the bulk of their clientele are catching a flight in less time than that. The receptionist was somewhat of an ice queen. The food was good, not unreasonably priced, and the wait staff was topnotch. The room was clean. I could have walked my emails to their destination faster than their "high-speed" Internet sent them. Would recommend for convenience and location only.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank editorbob
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Got a very good deal on a 1 night stay through hotwire of around £40. I noticed at reception that the 'off the street ' rate is £250!( which is most certainly is not worth). The Holiday Inn is adeqaute for an overnight stay at the airport, and I would definitely stay here again if the price was right.
Avoid ordering room service -£30 for a burger and some nachos, which were of very poor quality

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Ed05
Reviewed 18 April 2009

The evening meal was terrible - tastless and very expensive. Very disappointing.

Breakfast, however, is lovely and there is a very wide selection of foods.

Room was large and comfy, a little too warm however as we couldn't open the window and the air con was broken.

Wouldn't eat an evening meal here again. But would maybe use on a B&B basis only.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeckyWSheffield
Reviewed 29 March 2009

I had a great time in this hotel. The room was spacious and as well as the bathroom. The service was great so thumbs up to the staff.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank Budagali
Reviewed 7 March 2009

We chose this hotel to stay one night before our flight the following morning from Gatwick Airport mainly because it's quite a well known one and they tend to have a good reputation. We had booked through another internet company on-line to get a good deal as also wanted to leave our car their during our duration overseas so it was all booked and paid for beforehand. It was easy enough to find and plenty of parking around the back of the hotel. On booking in was told we had to pay another £10 for the car parking. The room was basic and clean with tea/coffee making facilities, tv and trouser press. It was the bed that we found most uncomfortable, although it was a king size the mattress was so soft and lumpy we kept on rolling towards each other. We were worried that what with being so close to the airport that the planes might keep us awake but didn't hear them at all, it was all the other people checking in to the hotel at various times during that night that seem to make so much noise entering their rooms or just walking down the corridoors, I think I finally managed about 2 hours sleep that night and was glad to get away and on our flight to start our holiday. We don't think we will be using them again if we ever have an early flight from Gatwick. The shuttle bus service to/from the airport was handy though, only costing £3 each person each way and running every 15mins.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Sofitel London Gatwick
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport? Share your experiences!