“Great end to a perfect vacation”

Airport Inn Gatwick
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed here the night before flying back to Canada. We took the Gatwick Express train from London to Gatwick airport and then a shuttle (runs on a schedule) picked us up and took us straight to the hotel (about a 4 minute drive). The shuttle costs 3 pounds per person. If you have four people I'd recommend just taking a taxi because it ends up being just 1.50 pounds per person. We did that on the way back to the airport.

The rooms were clean and beds very comfortable, with big bathrooms and deep soak tubs. The hotel also offers free wi-fi (which does actually work!). If I'm ever in the Gatwick area again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed here with a colleague on a Sunday night. We arrived fairly late, at around 9pm and noticed a sign at reception which clearly stated 'We regret there will be no hot water between 10am and 5pm on Monday 18th June'. I commented to my colleague that we were fortunate because we will have left by that point. How wrong was I!

I woke up at 8am to have my shower to find there was no hot water. My colleague said he woke up at 7:45am and had the same result. None! Annoyed I went downstairs for breakfast which was £9.95, overly expensive but typical of London. I complained that there was no hot water in my room to the lady in the restaurant. She called someone, probably the Duty Manager and said to me 'I'm sorry but they've already started draining the system'. That was it. No hot water in a hotel at 8am on a Monday Morning.

What made me even more annoyed was that we overheard another elderly couple complaining about it over our breakfast. The staff tried to make out that it was their fault because it had been signposted. For 10AM! NOT 8AM! What a dreadful decision by whoever was the manager at that time.

I was going to give them 2 stars because the service was reasonable, but this terrible decision, their treatment of the couple and several small niggles such as the sink being too small to fit the Kettle in, only one Banana available for the whole hotel for breakfast which someone else took, the car park being overfilled to the point of cars being parked on the ramps with about 1 inch of space on each side to get past with very very tight corners. I was glad to get out of that place and felt dreadful as I could only clean myself in the sink. They want to charge £159 a night for this place!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Adam P
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We have used this hotel on a number of occasions and we are always delighted with the service and efficiency...the inclusive airport "meet and greet" parking makes the holiday so much easier to start and finish...and an overnight stay costs little more than the parking itself.

Room Tip: It does not really matter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The hotel is average and the rooms nice. A somewhat sour smell, but clean and nice.

Room on 5th floor was quiet and with some what of a view. The TV is old and way to small but other than that the room was nice.

Nice menu in the restaurant and friendly staff.

The service in the reseption was very good. This alone made me want to come back.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 7 June 2012

May 2012 stayed here through an impromptu work commitment and a room was booked on our groups behalf. On arrival the 1 lift which was working at the time didn't come to the reception so we all carried our bags up the flights of stairs to our rooms. My room was on the 5th floor which could only be described as a sauna!!!! The windows did not open at all and the "air con" was just a noisy fan blowing hot air. The room was very basic but clean, likewise with the bathroom. Dinner was served waitress staff very polite and did a good job. Food was far better than I'd expected and have no complaints there at all. The room never cooled down all night and was almost unbearable. In the morning no lifts now working so down all the stairs and accidentally went past reception to the basements and the fire escape.... To our amazement both fire doors were locked!!! As I left the hotel numerous other residents were.... Well expressing their views to the manager at reception. As I made my way to the vehicles I spotted a new Travel lodge next door and couldn't stress enough to use this hotel for the extra few pounds.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Cjslro
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed here one night before a flight. rooms are clean but a little dated, staff are good. location is good, short taxi ride from terminal and 15 minute walk into horley which has a few restaurants and pubs.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Friday 4 May 2012
My family of 4 stayed at the best western gatwick moat house as we were flying to Florida the next morning,On arrival we recieved a warm and friendly welcome, the room was spotless, spacious with airconditioning and the beds 100 %. We also had parking for 3 weeks which you park your car yourself on site . Overall our experience was excellent and wish to give all the staff credit thats due, well done ! ! ! Plus the regular bus service to gatwick £3 each good value and stress free ! ! Top marks ! !

Room Tip: Room facing the airport
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
1 mi away
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!