“Three and a half - a tad mean...”

Airport Inn Gatwick
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Lancashire
“Three and a half - a tad mean...”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have to day that after considering cheaper hotels in the Gatwick Area - there was, in my mind, only one consideration - the Moat House. It is in walking dsitance of the terminal, rooms are tidy and they serev a breakfast for a keen price. YES you can get cheaper... at £30 a night or less BUT by the time you have added breakfast on and the taxi cost to soem of the remote locations the MH wins hands down in my book!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, Revenue Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and prices to be winning factors. We strive to give our guests the best value for money as well as a comfortable stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
West Sussex
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Moat House after a late flight from overseas. The reception and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast we had included in the price was very good. However, the room was a little pokey and we had to climb over the bed to save bashing into each other. Some of the furnishings also looked a little tired in the restaurant but not dirty. If I had paid the £159 charge showing at Reception and not the £73 plus breakfast I would have been miffed, hence only a 3 rating. A shame as everything else was fine but these aspects of size and tardiness 'shone out' over everything else!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, Revenue Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with Best Western Gatwick Moat House.

I am pleased to read that our staff were friendly and helpful for the duration of your stay and that you enjoyed your breakfast with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Lancing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We often stay here when we are flying out of Gatwick early the next day and I have found the hotel to be pretty good.

The staff have generally been polite and friendly, the food is tasty though it is a bit pricey.

The rooms can be a bit hit and miss and we have on more than one occasion had a room without functioning air-conditioning, but the reception staff have been in providing a fan.

Overall apart from the few small issues, I have found this to be an acceptable hotel in a very convenient location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that your stay with us was satisfactory and that you enjoyed the food.

If you could email me on revenue.manager.gatwick@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number and date of stay I will ensure that someone from maintenance checks all the air-conditioning units throughout the hotel.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I had a 6am flight so decided to stay near the airport so it would be easy to commute to. The Best Western had the best price for the best value. Upon arriving, I was a bit skeptical but it exceeded those first impressions. I was given a key, told about the shuttle service, and also given three 1-hour wifi passes (and it seemed I could get more if I wanted). The restaurant was very busy and had a very wide reasonably priced menu. The room was spacious enough, great water pressure in the shower and good range of TV channels. Bed was comfortable. And my wakeup call in the morning worked (all other hotels throughout my trip, I never got my wakeup call!). The shuttle came at 4am on the dot, and cost 3 pounds to get to the airport (both terminals). Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay with Best Western Gatwick Moat House.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your room was satisfactory. At Best Western Gatwick we strive to make our customers as comfortable as possible with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This is an unexceptional hotel, but very close to Gatwick. We used a valet parking service which picked our car up from the hotel and delivered it to the airport when we returned. For one night B&B and 8 days parking we paid £106. On top of this there's £3 per person to pay for the shuttle to the airport. Breakfast was pleasant and the hotel offered an evening meal deal; 2 people get a 2 course meal with a glass of wine for £30 (if you add coffee you'll pay £3 a cup). You can get the deal even cheaper if you pay for it when you book the hotel.

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your food and stay with the hotel.

Thame
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed at the Gatwick Moat House Hotel for just one night, and the next morning, we were SHATTERED!!!! The reception staff didn't know about the booked parking or shuttle bus, it was very noisy (because of the road and the air con machines outside), and the beds were quite uncomfortable. Also, the size of the room, considering it was classed as 'family', was tiny!!! There was no garden, apart from the smokers' patio and beer garden, and the lighting was very dreary! We were so tired the next morning, we almost fell asleep on the plane just to SPAIN!!! Not impressed!

Room Tip: Don't book a room facing the roundabout because of A/C noise and traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest,

I am sorry to read that you had a bad night’s sleep at the hotel due to noise. Our beds are all the same and we understand that everyone has different tastes when it comes to accommodation. Unfortunately we cannot tailor our rooms to everybody’s specification.

If you would like to discuss your issues further, please do not hesitate in contacting me on revenue.manager.gatwick@qmh-hotels.com.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Rooms are quiet and nice and spacious with comfortable beds. We ate in the bar area as it was late and enjoyed our meals. I wouldn't bother with the half- board option. Breakfast was good. Staff friendly.
There were 6 of us so we took a taxi to the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you found our hotel to be spacious and comfortable. I am happy that you enjoyed both your evening meal and breakfast, I have passed your compliments onto our chef as well as your kind words about our staff.

Revenue Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Ibis London Gatwick Airport

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!