“Convenient for Gatwick”

London, UK
“Convenient for Gatwick”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Convenience:
Stayed at this hotel one night before our flight. There is a frequent/direct shuttle bus from the airport costing £3 per person each way. It takes 8 minutes.
Breakfast:
When booking, the room costed £53 without breakfast and £63 including breakfast (for 2 people). I chose to include it as I felt it would cost us a lot more than £5 each to have breakfast at the airport. The breakfast had a very fair variety of hot food (Full Englidsh) as well as cold cuts/ cheese/ cerials / pastries/ Jam and included tea/Coffee/Juice. I think it is excellent value for money. It was more expensive to pay for breakfast on the day so I suggest you include it in your booking.

Staff were friendly and efficient but if you have a Best Western Rewards card, make sure you show it at check out or you will not get the points, even if you included it when booking online. I had to claim the missing points online afterwards.

The room was a little dated but clean and reasonable for the price, so no complaints. My only issue is that if you need an iron and a board, you must request it. It would have been nice if they were in the room. There was the standard kettle with complimentary Tea/Coffee.

This hotel is very suitable for one night before/after a flight and it is good for a 3 star hotel. As we had breakfast and a flight to catch, it did not bother us that our room had a view of a petrol station... We would stay here again if the price is right.

1 Thank Sam_19London_UK
QMHManager, Revenue Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with Best Western Gatwick Moat House.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I hope you decide to use us again when you next travel.

Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

The hotel beautifully situated behind a petrol station, with a panoramic views of industrial decay. A car park with unsignposted dead ends, tiny spaces and security. The hotel it's self was dreadful. The room was old and run down mould in the bathroom on the tile, lime scale every where and a really classy sticky carpet. The room temp was 28 C with air con that when set to 5 degrees blew out ..... Hot. This was discovered at 2200 before a 0445 departure waking with a head ache and sweating buckets. Ok I will open the window ... No I won't it opens 2 inches and over looks the roof where the fans of other air con units see the smell and noise are unbleaviable. I call reception explain my problem expecting an oh no or such like I got .... I know !!!!! I will send a fan up.
This hotel knows you will leave before breakfast so start breakfast late and offer a box breakfast at an additional £7 the reception told us not to bother . Best western you take advantage of people on early starts who will forget to complain . Well it is not good enough. Please no one ever stay at this hotel. A bench in the terminal is better and safer.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ollivanders
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay with our hotel.

I am sorry to read that your stay with us was disappointing and clearly not up to the standards we usually extend to our guests.

Your matters raised regarding the room temperate and room cleaniless have been discussed with both our Maintenance Manager and Head Housekeeper who would like to be associated with my apology. They will review procedures with their teams to ensure that future guests are not similarly inconvenienced.

The Restaurant for breakfast does open at 0600 am until 1000 am to accommodate most guests.

As a gesture of goodwill I would like to offer you a 25% discount on your next visit. Please kindly contact myself, Miranda Privett, Revenue Manager on 01293899988 or via email revenue.manager.gatwick@qmh-hotels.com, and I will be happy to assist you to make your reservation.

I do hope we may then restore your faith in The Best Western Gatwick Moat House and we may welcome you back here on future occasions showing you our true standards.

Lancashire
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have to day that after considering cheaper hotels in the Gatwick Area - there was, in my mind, only one consideration - the Moat House. It is in walking dsitance of the terminal, rooms are tidy and they serev a breakfast for a keen price. YES you can get cheaper... at £30 a night or less BUT by the time you have added breakfast on and the taxi cost to soem of the remote locations the MH wins hands down in my book!

Dear guest,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and prices to be winning factors. We strive to give our guests the best value for money as well as a comfortable stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

West Sussex
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Moat House after a late flight from overseas. The reception and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast we had included in the price was very good. However, the room was a little pokey and we had to climb over the bed to save bashing into each other. Some of the furnishings also looked a little tired in the restaurant but not dirty. If I had paid the £159 charge showing at Reception and not the £73 plus breakfast I would have been miffed, hence only a 3 rating. A shame as everything else was fine but these aspects of size and tardiness 'shone out' over everything else!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, Revenue Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that our staff were friendly and helpful for the duration of your stay and that you enjoyed your breakfast with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Lancing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We often stay here when we are flying out of Gatwick early the next day and I have found the hotel to be pretty good.

The staff have generally been polite and friendly, the food is tasty though it is a bit pricey.

The rooms can be a bit hit and miss and we have on more than one occasion had a room without functioning air-conditioning, but the reception staff have been in providing a fan.

Overall apart from the few small issues, I have found this to be an acceptable hotel in a very convenient location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that your stay with us was satisfactory and that you enjoyed the food.

If you could email me on revenue.manager.gatwick@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number and date of stay I will ensure that someone from maintenance checks all the air-conditioning units throughout the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I had a 6am flight so decided to stay near the airport so it would be easy to commute to. The Best Western had the best price for the best value. Upon arriving, I was a bit skeptical but it exceeded those first impressions. I was given a key, told about the shuttle service, and also given three 1-hour wifi passes (and it seemed I could get more if I wanted). The restaurant was very busy and had a very wide reasonably priced menu. The room was spacious enough, great water pressure in the shower and good range of TV channels. Bed was comfortable. And my wakeup call in the morning worked (all other hotels throughout my trip, I never got my wakeup call!). The shuttle came at 4am on the dot, and cost 3 pounds to get to the airport (both terminals). Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay with Best Western Gatwick Moat House.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your room was satisfactory. At Best Western Gatwick we strive to make our customers as comfortable as possible with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This is an unexceptional hotel, but very close to Gatwick. We used a valet parking service which picked our car up from the hotel and delivered it to the airport when we returned. For one night B&B and 8 days parking we paid £106. On top of this there's £3 per person to pay for the shuttle to the airport. Breakfast was pleasant and the hotel offered an evening meal deal; 2 people get a 2 course meal with a glass of wine for £30 (if you add coffee you'll pay £3 a cup). You can get the deal even cheaper if you pay for it when you book the hotel.

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your food and stay with the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Revenue Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ibis London Gatwick Airport

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!