“Nice end to a Holiday.”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Horley
London, United Kingdom
“Nice end to a Holiday.”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Took a room here on our return from the late flight.
Yes small room (226) but it was spotless and comfortable for 1 night only.
Free Wi-Fi a big plus.
Breakfast, buffet style was very well presented and hot, (sorry guy's, I was the one that hammered the BACON............ yummy)
Breakfast staff were excellent in their attitude.
Definately will be returning here again.

Room Tip: Reversing bleepers can prove a slight pain, so go for very high floor if possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and will definitely be returning to us. I’m glad that our team members were professional and friendly throughout your time and I’m pleased your room was to good standards. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We booked a room and car park while we were away on holiday with the Moat House. We did not arrive until 02.00hrs and were worried about running into problems but our worries were unfounded. The night staff were great and soon had the car parked up and us in a cosy bedroom for a short nights sleep. On return from our holiday we stayed a further night at the hotel before setting off home. We had a great meal in the restaurant ( two nicely cooked steaks, a nice pudding and a lovely bottle of wine -£66 inc tip) where we found the staff to be helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet had a good selection of freshly cooked foods. So often airport hotels are souless and uncaring places but not this one. We were delighted by our Moat House stay and we will be back when next using Gatwick.

2 Thank Walton2
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will return to us when you’re next in Gatwick. I’m glad that our staff made you comfortable before and after your holiday and I’m very pleased you enjoyed your meal. I will share your kind words with our team members who strive to deliver the highest quality care to our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Norfolk
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Overnight stop for a flight trom Gatwick next day. Room was very comfortable,and the bathroom had a good shower. free WIFI was available if required.The bar area was very comfortable&relaxing for a nice quiet drink. Breakfast was a buffet which is served from 6am til 10am and to be fair you need to be early to enjoy it as when i arrived just gone 9 some of the stuff was not at its best but that aside i very much enjoyed my stay and would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Gazzanorfolk
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 29 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would stay again. I’m glad you found our hotel to be comfortable and our facilities were of a good standard for your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, UK
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I stayed here one night before early morning flight. The room was a good size. Comfy bed. shower was ok. Heating worked but I couldn't figure out how to open the window. There is an esso outside with a small shop for snacks. There was an odd smell from the bathroom.

I would stay again before early morning flight if price was right. I do think shuttle bus should be free.

I had very little interaction with staff but what I did was good.

1 Thank Michelle71

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am pleased everything was satisfactory. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Cala'n Porter, Spain
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Over night stop at Gatwick airport and we chose Best Western Moat House and was really impressed with the staff on reception and service given over.

Rooms are slightly tired but prices reflect this and also WIFI is free to all guests which is a bonus as most hotels these days charge the earth.

Facilities at this property were good as in on site bar and restaurant however a quick cab journey into Crawley Hight Street is only £7 and the is an abundance of restaurants to fulfill all needs.

Would return and stay again as made to feel like a person and not just a number

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 4 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you would return to us in the future. We work very hard to make sure that all of our guests feel welcome and I am pleased that during your stay we achieved this.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We have stayed at the Gatwick Moathouse on a number of occasions now due to its convenient location if you have an early morning flight from the airport.

We began staying there due to the covered multi-storey car park they have, having had the misfortune to be snowed in on a previous stay at the nearby Holiday Inn. The park and stay deals are also reasonably priced with this trip costing us £79 including 8 nights parking.

That is the most outstanding aspect of the hotel, apart from the parking it is a moderately priced average quality hotel. Bedrooms are a reasonable size, comfortable with an improved range of freeview tv stations to previous stays. There are also always towels made into cute swans left on your bed. Heating was poor on this occasion, and did not seem to work very effectively at all.

Wi-fi Internet is free and can be used in your bedroom. You will need an Internet voucher for each device you wish to use ie laptop, iPhone.

There is a bar, a restaurant and room service, a little lower than typical airport prices, but still dear in our view. Didnt use on this trip but have done previously - quality is fine.

Staff are friendly and usually keen to go the extra mile for you, helpful and smiley !

There is a shuttle bus to both terminals for £3 each, each way. If you are going to the north terminal allow a little longer as it visits the south terminal first. There is a bit of a trek when you get off the shuttle to walk into the terminal building. Was told by the receptionist at the hotel that morning that you can book a taxi for £6 for two of you, so that may be worth considering.

Nearly forgot, when first travelling to the hotel, be careful you do not miss the entrance, which is kind of hidden between the garage and the fire station, just off of Longbridge roundabout.

The garage is also worth bearing in mind if you just fancy a cold snack and a bottle of wine in your room, cheaper than the hotel at around £6/8 per bottle.

So overall, would recommend for anyone who is looking for a decent, averagely priced hotel when travelling.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room, but if you ask for 5th floor, no problems with noisy people above you.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you fly from Gatwick. I am glad that our team members were helpful and they continue to do a very good job of looking after our guests.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I booked a package that included a double room for a night, breakfast and dinner for 2, 8 days parking and meet and greet service upon return from holiday and feel that I got excellent value for money. The reception staff were very helpful and booked a taxi to the airport for the morning (£6 -same price as the shuttle bus for 2) Internet was free. The room was very clean and had good amenities. The bed was uncomfortable as the mattress was very hard. Our room was directly opposite the lift so there was some noise disturbance early in the morning, both from people and the "ding" of the lift. I would request a room away from the lift if I use the hotel again. As other reviewers have said the rooms are very hot and the aircon system doesn't work (Though to be fair to the hotel we found this out quite late and didn't bother reporting it) The staff at this hotel were all friendly and helpful. Dinner was good although the choice on the menu was quite limited. Breakfast was good with plenty of hot and cold options. For an overnight stay prior to flying from Gatwick the hotel is offers good service and value (Apart from the bar prices!!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift.
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with our hotel.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be excellent value for money. I’m very proud that our team members helped you as much as possible during your stay. I hope that when you return to us the issues with the aircon will have been fixed and you will have a more comfortable stay.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!