“Lovely Function”

Airport Inn Gatwick
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We held a private function at the hotel in July and we really impressed. We drove a hard bargain when negotiating the price but this didn't stop the team at the Moat House from showing us their best side. Sukma in the events office was great when organising the event and answered all of my questions quickly. Sue in the restaurant, and Lourdes in the bar were absolute stars when it came to making the event run smoothly. I didn't get chance to speak to any of the kitchen team but can't fault the food which was tasty and generous portions. All in all, the evening went exactly to plan (my only small gripe is that the restaurant was really warm), I only wish that the hotel were a little closer to us so that the taxis home would cost less!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that your function you arranged with us was excellent and you left us feeling impressed. I will be sure to share your lovely review with all who were involved in making your night a success. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed 29 July 2013

After the disappointment and international embarrassment of flying to/from the shabbiness of Gatwick and the inexcusable disaster that is the M25, all of which I was trying to forget, I was not going to bother with a review of where we stayed the night before our flight, 'cos we are NEVER going to fly from here again! However the Manager clearly stands out in taking an interest in feedback and her efforts are to be applauded and encouraged. My wife and I have stayed at many Best Westerns (and have a reward card) so thought we would use the competetive stay/park package at the Moat House. After the horrors of the M25/M23 although clearly no oil painting or architectural masterpiece (more anonymous concrete monolith) The Moat House was easy to find with the directions supplied, convenient to park and on arrival the staff were friendly ( a smile costs nothing and really does make a difference) and efficient, as they were throughout our stay and on departure- no having to hang around waiting for attention when just keen to get on our way. The restaurant staff were especially welcoming and helpful. Our room was clean, quiet (even with air con) and well equipped with a decent en suite but the double bed was rather small for the two of us- perhaps we are a bit spoiled with a queen sized double at home. I actually slept on the floor, there being sufficient additional bedding for me to create a snug "nest" in which I slept very well. This was my choice- I am not complaining. The bar area was pleasant and OK the drinks were not cheap but not ridiculously excessive bearing in mind the location and certainly cheaper than the scandalous airport prices. We decided to eat in the restaurant and as others have said found the choice, value and quality to be surprisingly good, with diligent and helpful staff as previously commented. OK it is impersonal and a bit like an upmarket station waiting room but this is after all an airport hotel and not a resort. With people coming and going all the time and with no opportunity to build up any sort of relationship with clientele the staff are to be congratulated on maintaining the appearance of helpfulness, friendliness and "taking an interest" generally, The shuttle to the airport works well enough (misearble driver then I guess I would be too if I had to do this all day every day) with pick up right outside the hotel door, although it is quite a walk from the bus stop at the airport to the terminal building when lugging bags. However that is a gripe more appropriately directed to the airport than the hotel. I would use the hotel again if I ever had the misfortune to have to fly from Gatwick but as I would rather take a week's holiday by staying at home on a diet of bread and water and sleeping on a spike than do so I am afraid this is unlikely. For others without that choice you could pick a far worse option.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be impressive. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our restaurant team as I’m sure they’ll be very happy to hear of your praise. I’m overjoyed our team members impressed you and you haven’t a bad word to say about them. I’m sorry it is unlikely you’d stay with us again due to your experiences at the airport but I do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

A reasonably priced hotel close to Gatwick. Food was surprisingly good and even though we arrived later than expected, the Staff were really accommodating and made sure we were fed. The trip o the airport took about 25 mins but the buses run fairly frequently.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy B

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your break with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us and found our team members helpful and accommodating. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed there last Saturday as going to a family wedding in Charlwood. Hotel easy to find and pretty close to the airport but wasn't noisey. The reception staff were welcoming and friendly. Lunch in the bar was tasty and well presented. The rooms not huge but quite adequate and clean. Our air con worked but my daughter's (507) didn't and sorry forgot to mention that before we left. The hotel decor did seem a little tired but you can't have everything! Good parking. Breakfast ok, orange juice not very nice but cereal or cooked available all in a bright room. Hotel was very relaxed and would stay there again if flying from gatwick.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you found our hotel team to be welcoming and friendly and your meals delicious. I’m sorry to read that the air con in your daughter’s room wasn’t working – I will ensure a member of our maintenance team is sent to double check room 507. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We arrived late in the evening for the night before an early 6am flight. Staff were welcoming enough, no problems checking in. As far as the food served in the restaurant goes, we were actually surprised how good it was. The lady serving in the restaurant was very nice even though we arrived late and so therefore I am sure she had to stay back late for us. The hotel rooms were clean, a nice size, had a nice touch of the towels made into swans. the only complaint was my mother in law was staying in the room next to us and she requested a wake up call at 5am but it came at 11pm!!! she had gone to sleep at 10pm and had been woken up by the call, she said it was a dead tone on the other end... this then meant she couldn't get back to sleep for many hours, so that was a big disappointment for her to get that strange late night and unexplained call! not great!!!! other than that cant fault the hotel. the shuttle is very busy to and from the hotel and not worth the money but hey that's the airport for you, probably better to get a taxi. overall we would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the meals to be of a high standard. I am very sorry to read of your mother-in-law’s mysterious call, I will be sure to look into this. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you next fly from Gatwick.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Very close to the airport with buses every 15 to 20 minutes costing £3 a head each way. It takes 20 - 30 mins to North terminal via South terminal, but less than 5 minutes returning from North terminal. Car parking is under cover in multi-storey car park. Room was comfortable, and the evening meal was fine.

Room Tip: Nice and quiet on the north side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am extremely pleased to read that your time with us was comfortable with good food and found our transfer service to be excellent and convenient. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This is a pretty good airport hotel that fits our budget. We had a pleasant stay at this hotel on the last day of our trip for an overnight layover at the Gatwick airport. Too bad it's not within walking distance from airport, so we had to rely on taxi or the hotel shuttle for transfer. There were not that many food venues in the area so we were glad that the hotel has two dining options on-site: a restaurant and a gastropub. The dinner was surprising good for a hotel pub - we had their butter chicken, jack potato and beef pie and the meal was tasty and very filling. Our room had a nice window view and the TV had lots of channels to choose from. I'd likely consider staying at this hotel again for a future trip in London.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight what you enjoyed most about your stay and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I will share your kind words with our chef as I’m sure he’d love to read how impressed you were. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Resident Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
1 mi away
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!