“Easy stay for traveling out of Gatwick”

Airport Inn Gatwick
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Montana
“Easy stay for traveling out of Gatwick”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night so we could fly out of Gatwick early the next morning. There is a shuttle bus that comes by about every 15 minutes that we took to the airport, about 3pounds each. Check in was easy, we booked through hotels.com so it was already paid in full. We had dinner there. The dining room was more formal than I thought the hotel decor called for, but it was a nice quiet setting with good food.

Our room was small but fine for a night. The shower had mildew in it, but every place we stayed at in Britain had mildew in the shower, even at a 4 star. Perhaps it's because they didn't have fans to circulate the air. There was no top sheet, just duvet and cover, which also was typical for Britain. And no outlet in the bathroom, but mirrors over the desk with an outlet that could be used to get ready.

I could tell that I was jet lagged because I went into the bathroom and there were no washcloths, which we were expecting. But I couldn't find the hand towels either! My husband rolled his eyes and pointed to the swans on the bed.

We were comfortable and were able to easily head out to the airport on time to catch our flight. I don't know if I would've liked the room for more than that as the size is pretty small, but it depends on how long you plan on spending in your room.

We would stay here again as the price was low and it had what we needed for a quick stay.

1 Thank Julielee
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very pleased to read that your time with us was enjoyable and you found everything to your liking. I have taken your comments on board concerning your room/bathroom and I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

As a lady on my own I found the Best Western very welcoming and safe. The staff particularly in Reception very helpful. My room was clean and fresh and there was no airport noise.
The hotel is in the process of being refurbished and is looking very nice. The restaurant meal was a little pricy but tasteful and the breakfast excellent. Easy access to the shuttle bus for the airport.
Only problem was the signage into the hotel, we went past it as it is right next to a garage and ws a little confusing.
Would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: hotel being refurbished so not to be next to any work
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Di J
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you time with us was excellent and you found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here for one night before we went on holiday. Check in at the hotel reception was very good and quick we had booked car parking there aswell which was all good. The receptionist was very friendly and the area was clean and tidy. He gave us all the information we needed about the transfers buses to south terminal which cost £3 per adult one way. Our room was clean but very small had all the basics tv, tea coffee making facilities enough towels and shampoo shower gel. Any longer than one night the room would have become claustrophobic. We had drinks and a meal in the bar which was nice plenty of choice but £20 for a bottle of wine. Check out the next morning was quick and the transfer to airport was good only took 10 minutes. We had paid extra to have our car brought back to the terminal on our return we were given a phone number to ring when we were back and they would bring car to us to save us going back to the hotel. This worked very well aswell. All in all a good stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade if any available to get a bigger room
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our team members to be professional and friendly and our hotel to be of a good quality. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Sussex
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Really good 3 star accomodation. Front of house gentleman very professional. Front of house can dictate how you are going to feel about the place and how you will ultimately rate it. £3:00 bus transfer to and from the airport is quite good too. Restaurant food good but at airport value. I would recommend the place to my own friends; enough said!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send a review of your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found our team members to be professional and friendly. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Enfield
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I found this Gatwick hotel close enough to the airport not to worry about the weather. I received a warm smile and nothing too much trouble. The room warm, clean and inviting. The food a bit standard but served with a knowledgeable smile. Breakfast had plenty of verity and fresh.

Room Tip: I went DBB but I have a small appetite and BB plus menu eating would have suited me better. The men...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that your time with us was enjoyable and you found our hotel to offer everything you required for your stay. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Cambridgeshire, England
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed for one night before flying out to Egypt. We were a party of 4 adults and had adjoining rooms which was handy.
The staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful. We also left our car there for the duration of our holiday, it arrived back safely and with no problems. On the morning of our flight we took the shuttle bus to the airport, £3 per adult. On the day we arrived back we rang the number given and in a very short time our car was brought to the airport for us to make our journey home, we were very impressed.
Our room at the hotel had everything we needed for our stay and we made use of the tea/coffee making facilities. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean and tidy and in good order.
We had drinks in the bar, in London you expect you will be paying more but we did not need a 2nd mortgage!
The breakfast was really lovely, so much choice, fresh and the cooked food was nice and hot, no complaints.
All in all although we only had 1 night it was a really nice and relaxed start to our holiday.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found our park and fly package to be perfect for your needs. I hope to welcome you back soon.

somerset
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed overnight as part of a park and fly package. Also stayed on our return to the uk. Parking was on site in a multi storey so very convenient. Room small but adequate and not too noisy. Food was good. We Ate in the bar one night and had an excellent breakfast. Only criticism was noisy game machine in bar.Very annoying - Surely the volume could have been turned off? Would use it again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback on your stay.

I’m delighted that you found our park and fly package to be excellent and just what you needed. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ibis London Gatwick Airport

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!