My husband and I stayed here for 1 night so we could fly out of Gatwick early the next morning. There is a shuttle bus that comes by about every 15 minutes that we took to the airport, about 3pounds each. Check in was easy, we booked through hotels.com so it was already paid in full. We had dinner there. The dining room was more formal than I thought the hotel decor called for, but it was a nice quiet setting with good food.
Our room was small but fine for a night. The shower had mildew in it, but every place we stayed at in Britain had mildew in the shower, even at a 4 star. Perhaps it's because they didn't have fans to circulate the air. There was no top sheet, just duvet and cover, which also was typical for Britain. And no outlet in the bathroom, but mirrors over the desk with an outlet that could be used to get ready.
I could tell that I was jet lagged because I went into the bathroom and there were no washcloths, which we were expecting. But I couldn't find the hand towels either! My husband rolled his eyes and pointed to the swans on the bed.
We were comfortable and were able to easily head out to the airport on time to catch our flight. I don't know if I would've liked the room for more than that as the size is pretty small, but it depends on how long you plan on spending in your room.
We would stay here again as the price was low and it had what we needed for a quick stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than a mile from Gatwick Airport and train station, the hotel has had a complete refurbishment and transformation in 2006 and in 2013 the public area was refurbished. Offering 125 non-smoking, air-conditioned bedrooms, all with wireless internet access. The hotel also benefits from having a new range of family bedrooms sleeping between two and seven guests. A shuttle service to the airport is available 24-hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Airport Inn Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gatwick Moat House Hotel Horley
- Best Western Horley
- Horley Best Western
- Airport Inn Gatwick Horley, Surrey