“Good for Gatwick and Crawley”

Airport Inn Gatwick
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Horley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The welcome was very friendly by all staff.
The room clean and bright.Free Wi Fi perfect.
2 can dine for £29.99 including a glass of wine was really good value.
Plenty of choice for a good cooked breakfast. No queing at Gatwick airport.
I have used Gatwick Hotels on many occasions but with this one you park your car under cover in the hotel multi storey car park and there it stays until you return. ( no extra mileage on the clock like many hotel parking options)
This in my opinion is the only hotel to use when flying from Gatwick

Room Tip: We had room 509 Excellent very good sound proofing
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank splotto
Vicky P, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and I am very pleased to read that everything was to your liking. I will share your kind comments with the team.
I hope to welcome you soon to the hotel.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here before leaving for holiday for 2 weeks. Location is very good with buses running every 10 minutes or so to both gatwick terminals which take about 5 mins. When we first arrived the hotel from outside looked a bit run down but don't be fooled by appearances as inside was really lovely and both the food and staff at the onsite restaurant are equally lovely! Yes it is expensive for drinks but its London its to be expected! Slight mixed feelings about the car park-it's tiny! Spaces are very tight and only had 1 space left for our car, other people had taken to leaving their cars on the ramps which I wouldn't of been happy doing! Rooms were clean, no problem about asking for extra supplies at reception (the guy who checked us in was great!) but the rooms are quite small but good enough for one nights kip. Upon returning our car battery had died and the receptionist who checked us out didn't really seem that interested and was a little bit reluctant to let a nice bloke from the car garage (just next door!) come in to the car park to jump start the car but wasn't really much choice in the matter or we couldn't of got out of it! He did agree but could tell he was a little distracted/disinterested. All in all pretty good going but I'd probably be a bit concerned about lack of parking spaces if I was to return an use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Love2travel0556
Vicky P, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team, the food and the cleanliness of the hotel. I am sorry to read your disappointment regarding the spaces in the car park. I have taken notes regarding the reception and will be discussing this with the Front Office Manager

I hope you welcome you back in the future.

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Don't be put off by the austere facade when you arrive at reception, upstairs is much better. The reception staff were most pleasant & helpful. The room (3 bedded) was ok, but could have done with a bit of livening up. The blackout was far from adequate & the bathroom, although clean, had a large (filled) crack in the bath.
We didn't eat there, but they had a special deal of 2 meals for £29.99, which seemed reasonable value; however the bar prices are high.
It did the job as we were travelling early the next morning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your review and I do apologise for the shortcomings you encountered during your stay. I have noted the points mentioned and this will be discussed with the Head Housekeeper and the Maintenance Manager. Rest assured that I will share your kind comments to the reception team.

I hope to welcome you back soon to the hotel.

Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

great start to the holiday, relaxed and ready to fly! loved the space invaders! enjoyed the evening meal, left the car in their undercover car park for the 2 weeks, it was well worth the money, easy to find and easy transfer to and from the terminals in he morning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fatchef100
Dear guest,

Thank you for the review and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and also the arcade games.
I hope to welcome you back soon.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I thought the hotel was good value compared to other hotels in the area. I did however have a big problem with the food that was served in the bar area. I ordered a club sandwich with chips this cost £11.45. It is not so much the price that annoyed me but the quality of the ingredients. I have eaten similar food in Devere group hotels which are similar in quality to this one and the food was much better. If I am paying nearly £12 for a club sandwich I do not expect something that tasted like it came from Iceland. The breakfast was good and the staff were quite friendly. I would stay here again though

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mollyobr
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I have taken on board your comments regarding the club sandwich and this will be discussed with the Head Chef as the club sandwich is something we usually gain positive feedback about.

I look forward to welcome you back.

Cornwall
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have stayed here three times now and we have never been disappointed the staff are always polite and helpful the rooms are just right for a good nights sleep and the restaurant serves up a good menu and standard of food

Room Tip: No advice as the rooms we srayed in we all good
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Vicky P, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review online and for your loyalty to our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay again with us and I hope to welcome you back soon to the hotel.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!