“Value”

Airport Inn Gatwick
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just needed a quiet reasonably priced hotel close to Gatwick airport. This hotel fitted the bill very well.
It was much better than expected. Pity breakfast was not included.
Room was clean and quiet. Free Wifi and internet in the room. Perfect.
Full size flat screen TV.
Clean bathroom with shampoo and shower gel.
And the big bonus was coffee and tea making facilitates in the room. God bless Great Britain :-)
BONUS: Next door is a petrol filling station. There you can buy snacks, sandwiches and essentials at sensible prices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Jack C, Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind comments with the team. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very clean as well. The rooms and beds are very comfortable. It is a home away from home. I perfectly loved everything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I will share your kind comments with the team. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here on Friday evening, we had arrived in late from Dublin and couldn't face the planes, trains and automobiles we would had to endure to get to our final London destination. The hotel doesn't look much from the outside but the lobby is done up quite well but that must be as far they have gotten with the upgrade at the moment.

Rooms were fine, reasonable size and clean, extremely warm but there are air con machines.

Our only gripe was that the wifi was not working for the whole time we were there. We were not the only people to enquire about this. On checking out i informed the receptionist that it did not work while we were there and was there any compensation for this (it was the main reason i booked that particular hotel above many of the similar hotels in the area, if i had known wifi was unavailable i would have stayed somewhere else. Simply, we paid for a service we didn't get) The girl informed me it was out of their control and i could email the manager. I couldn't be bothered to be fair, we were there for 12 hours, but our next phone bills will be more now as we had to contact people when we arrived and couldn't connect to the internet.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind comments with the team. I will also adress the problem that you experienced. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Fine for our one night stop over. Air conditioning didn't appear to work so had to have the window open which wasn't great as the shuttle buses stopped outside every 15 minutes. The telephone in the room didn't work so not great if you needed to get in touch with staff etc. Very confusing breakfast menu to leave on your door as we ended up with 2 continual and 2 full English breakfasts. The room was clean, the bed wasn't comfortable and the shower was great. Free wifi was a bonus and the food in their restaurant was very nice. Great location for the airport as less than 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind comments with the team. I will also adress all the problems that you experienced. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Been in reception over half an hour so far waiting to check in despite the fact it is not busy. When finally served the front desk staff need to learn to smile and say please and thank you. They also need to learn that if they try to charge for something that was free of charge at the last hotel, it will be like a red rag to a bull.

I hope this hotel chain goes out of business as they don't deserve any customers. Small rooms and too hot. Avoid. ..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am really sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will share your honest comments with the team to make sure improvments will take place. I will also adress the problem that you experienced. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel yesterday before our flight at Gatwick. The hotel is located 5 minutes drive from the airport and appears to have been refurbished at the lobby level, staff was courteous and our junior suite was of a generous size. However, the suite (including the bathroom) appears to be aged and in need of modernisation. Beds were comfortable and sleep quality was satisfactory. Bathroom was large and clean, but shower curtains had an unpleasant damp smell.

Overall, I wouldn't mind returning to this hotel for a stopover but I would also recommend considering other modern alternative hotels on offer within walking distance of Gatwick airport which includes Sofitel, Hilton, Holiday Inn amongst others.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chrissierulz
Jack C, Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Chrissierulz

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a reasonable budget option for anyone over-nighting before a flight. There is a shuttle bus circulating every 10-15 minutes to both terminals, cost £3 each way, 5 mins from airport to hotel but 15-20 from hotel to airport (via other hotels.). You COULD walk to the terminal along the busy A23 but it isn't really advisable; the path is not well maintained for pedestrians.
Parking is under cover at the hotel itself but some of the spaces are a tight squeeze.
Rooms are a bit cell-like but OK given you'll only be staying for one night.
Rooms have good sound proofing and black out curtains but on our visit the air conditioning had not been switched on "yet" (this was late June and very hot!) so it was a bit hot and stuffy overnight.
I'd say a bit on a par with a Travel Lodge, not quite as good as a Premier Inn.
It's a low maintenance place with few staff but they are friendly and very helpful.
There is also free 24 hr Wifi: this puts more expensive hotels and other budget options to shame.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jack C, Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am very pleased to read that everything was to your liking. I will share your kind comments with the team.
I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!