Airport Inn Gatwick
Average 3/5
  • Free Internet
Hookwood Lodge(Hookwood)
1,347 results
All reviewsmulti storeyunder coverthe busan early flightpounds per personmeal dealsouth terminalbunk bedswould stay againshort stayroom was clean and comfortablewake up callwhat it says on the tinbar and restaurantstayed for one nightshuttle servicenight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My son and I stayed here overnight before a holiday flight. To be fair, I don't think realistically, this is a holiday venue. It is a clean and tidy hotel to use before a flight. We ate in the hotel on a meal deal which was good. The service was excellent and the food was good of it's type - far better than expected. There were clean towels in the room which was clean, the bathroom was clean as was the bedroom and bedding. (The hotel was a little dated but unless you stay there the day something has been built it always will be). The air con worked and no the windows didn't really open, but why would I want to hear the aeroplanes and the traffic?

Our alarm call was helpful and prompt, the car park was great and secure and I would have been happy to pay for my car to be looked after in a secure locked car park but as it happened that was included in the deal. We paid a reasonable rate for a night including overnight car parking (and a week in the Southern Gatwick Car Park) which in the UK at the moment was excellent.

I am fussy and this wasn't the best I had been in, but nothing like as bad as the reviews had led me to believe.

I think the only thing I would prefer would be some staff who spoke far better English! Our waitress did; but I did struggle a bit communicating with the man on reception and I speak very clear English.

This hotel was within spitting distance of the airport which is all I wanted at 5am!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jack C, Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind comments with the team. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights as part of a coach trip to London region. Hotel extremely clean and bed lovely and comfortable. Breakfast was good and varied but as usual in this type of hotel unable to get an egg with a lovely runny yoke as they are left on the hotplate and turn rubbery. Dinner in restaurant first night was good but plain including rice, chips and frozen cauliflower, carrots and broccoli. Soup was vegetable and dessert consisting of three gateauxs, however this was repeated for the next two nights! no variety. Much more choice ordering from the bar area.
The temperature was into the 30's and the rooms all had air conditioning units but didn't work and could not open the windows for security reasons. The reception staff said they would ask maintainance to sort it and gave us a fan. Next day manager admitted they had NO air conditioning in any rooms despite there being units. He was very good and put us in one of the recently refurbished rooms with a independant system but I felt really sorry for the rest of our party, mainly elderly who had to endure three nights of sleeping in ovens.
This hotel is what it is, an airport hotel catering for transient one night visitors and if you don't mind sleeping in an oven, fine, but I would book elsewhere if you want a little more comfortable nights sleep in the height of summer, otherwise OK for it's intended purpose.

Room Tip: If you are travelling as a large party Cabin 101 is a very large and besides the double bed it has an adjoining room with two sets of bunk beds plus the ever important air con. Big bathroom with separate jet shower and bath.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind comments with the team. I will also adress the problem that you experienced. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked this hotel for one nights stay plus two weeks car parking prior to travelling. Found the hotel easily enough with the directions I was given. Car Parking was a bit confusing as there wasn't enough signage and the car park space was pretty tight even though we don't have a particularly large car.
However, booking in was OK and reception staff were really pleasant. Restaurant area was clean and welcoming and food was good (although there was a mix-up with our order and our food was served to another couple who ordered after us). Breakfast was good and plentiful.
The real down-side was that the air conditioning was not working in the room which meant we needed to open the window. However the window only opened approximately 6-8 inches so we spent a very uncomfortable night in a very hot room - not really what we had hoped for prior to a long journey. I would use the hotel again but would ensure that the air conditioning was working properly.

Room Tip: Check to ensure that air conditioning in room is working.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swoollacott

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The room was small, the windows only open a fraction (for security reasons I am told) and the air conditioning didn't work. It must have been about 26 degrees in our room (not the best environment for a good nights sleep). I am really glad we were only there for one night. Next time I'll pay the extra and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank masonfamily99

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.I will share your honest comments with the team. I will also adress all problems that you experienced. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Big confusion at airport trying to get the hotel bus. It seems the hotel was the Moat House but the signage at bus pickup point has not changed.. We had made the res thru bookings.com and the number given only got did not get me through to hotel but central reservation, I asked about info Where to get hotel bus and only after hanging up phone at cost of £2 did I realize they had given me info for pick up at either Manchester or Heathrow airport not Gatwick.. Very helpful taxi drivers told us of name change and where to get hotel bus....obviously much more helpful than reservation agents.
Check-in was fine, room adequate for price...however no fridge....Sadly TV was broken still sitting here one hour later waiting for someone to fix it.
Can't say enough good things about Six Bells pub close walking distance....great food as usual and friendly service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I will share your honest comments with the team. I will also adress the problem that you experienced. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.