“Would not have stayed more than one night!”

Airport Inn Gatwick
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Airport Inn at Gatwick is a place where you can only stand to stay for one night. We checked in and while the lobby is nice the hotel is pretty run down and dilapidated overall. The front desk clerk was rude and curt with us which was not very nice considering we'd been traveling a long time and just wanted a comfy bed and a good meal. We got neither. The room was dirty, hairs were left in the shower and the "amenities" were a joke. Only two outlets to be had in the whole room so charging phones, laptops, etc. had to be done in shifts. The window which was unable to open was actually broken and had been for some time as there were cobwebs built up everywhere. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it was so hot in there any cool air coming through the broken window was refreshing.

Overall the hotel was very dirty, very disappointing. We also went to the hotel restaurant for a quick bite to eat.... we got a glass of wine, one pizza, and an order of onion rings and it was nearly 30 pounds! Ridiculous prices. Will not stay again - there are so many choices around LGW and I won't make the same mistake again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Airport Inn Gatwick

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed one night and used the car park while we were away on a 5 day trip. The restaurant menu looked fine but we had booked at the Black Horse, about 20 minutes walk away. The room was clean and comfortable and the airport bus arrived on time at about 4.00 am. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a bus when we came back for the car. It was ideal for an early flight.

2  Thank KeithP1950
Jack C, Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind comments with the team. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for nearly three weeks whilst looking for a job and I must say, I loved it here. The people at reception are a lovely lot, are very helpful and always there to greet you with a smile. I got to know many of them during my time at the hotel and one of the reasons why I chose it, was due to its affordability and proximity to Gatwick airport. However, unbeknownst to me, the staff turned out to be my favorite part of my stay. This is a superb cheap hotel, that is not dodgy and whilst it could use refurbishment, this is an ideal place for a young couple on a budget.

I'll certainly will be coming back. I highly recommend it to anyone. A+ all around.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Jack C, Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Easy to find good location; very friendly staff and well decorated and presented hotel. Quick check in with a neat and tidy room. The Car park is secure and literally under the hotel, easy access within one minutes walk of reception. At £100 for one night and weeks parking I considered it good value.

Unfortunately the air con in the room (which got extremely warm) did not work at all, nor did the windows open. Poor air conditioning underlaid a truly awful nights sleep, truly truly awful. Warm to muggy with a vent that made much noise but had very little in the way of comfort, so we resorted to the wet towel trick to enable sufficient cooling to enable sleep to occur. All the tricks in the world however do not prevent other hotel guests awaking you at 1:30 (the man who needed to open and slam every drawer in his room as he checked one last time), 2:15 the two young men having a party in the corridor, I'm sure Shaun is a great guy; but does the whole world need to know in the early hours? 3:10 Mark is going downstairs, I know this because he not only said it six times but in order to overcome his slurring did so at maximum volume. Way to go Shaun and Mark and anonymous guy below us you are top blokes…. No, no you
aren't, you are c**ts.

Room Tip: check air conditioning works!
2  Thank Blarys
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My son and I stayed here overnight before a holiday flight. To be fair, I don't think realistically, this is a holiday venue. It is a clean and tidy hotel to use before a flight. We ate in the hotel on a meal deal which was good. The service was excellent and the food was good of it's type - far better than expected. There were clean towels in the room which was clean, the bathroom was clean as was the bedroom and bedding. (The hotel was a little dated but unless you stay there the day something has been built it always will be). The air con worked and no the windows didn't really open, but why would I want to hear the aeroplanes and the traffic?

Our alarm call was helpful and prompt, the car park was great and secure and I would have been happy to pay for my car to be looked after in a secure locked car park but as it happened that was included in the deal. We paid a reasonable rate for a night including overnight car parking (and a week in the Southern Gatwick Car Park) which in the UK at the moment was excellent.

I am fussy and this wasn't the best I had been in, but nothing like as bad as the reviews had led me to believe.

I think the only thing I would prefer would be some staff who spoke far better English! Our waitress did; but I did struggle a bit communicating with the man on reception and I speak very clear English.

This hotel was within spitting distance of the airport which is all I wanted at 5am!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights as part of a coach trip to London region. Hotel extremely clean and bed lovely and comfortable. Breakfast was good and varied but as usual in this type of hotel unable to get an egg with a lovely runny yoke as they are left on the hotplate and turn rubbery. Dinner in restaurant first night was good but plain including rice, chips and frozen cauliflower, carrots and broccoli. Soup was vegetable and dessert consisting of three gateauxs, however this was repeated for the next two nights! no variety. Much more choice ordering from the bar area.
The temperature was into the 30's and the rooms all had air conditioning units but didn't work and could not open the windows for security reasons. The reception staff said they would ask maintainance to sort it and gave us a fan. Next day manager admitted they had NO air conditioning in any rooms despite there being units. He was very good and put us in one of the recently refurbished rooms with a independant system but I felt really sorry for the rest of our party, mainly elderly who had to endure three nights of sleeping in ovens.
This hotel is what it is, an airport hotel catering for transient one night visitors and if you don't mind sleeping in an oven, fine, but I would book elsewhere if you want a little more comfortable nights sleep in the height of summer, otherwise OK for it's intended purpose.

Room Tip: If you are travelling as a large party Cabin 101 is a very large and besides the double bed it has a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind comments with the team. I will also adress the problem that you experienced. Thanking for your time to share with us your comments I hope to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked this hotel for one nights stay plus two weeks car parking prior to travelling. Found the hotel easily enough with the directions I was given. Car Parking was a bit confusing as there wasn't enough signage and the car park space was pretty tight even though we don't have a particularly large car.
However, booking in was OK and reception staff were really pleasant. Restaurant area was clean and welcoming and food was good (although there was a mix-up with our order and our food was served to another couple who ordered after us). Breakfast was good and plentiful.
The real down-side was that the air conditioning was not working in the room which meant we needed to open the window. However the window only opened approximately 6-8 inches so we spent a very uncomfortable night in a very hot room - not really what we had hoped for prior to a long journey. I would use the hotel again but would ensure that the air conditioning was working properly.

Room Tip: Check to ensure that air conditioning in room is working.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swoollacott

Dear Guest,

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Gatwick Corner House Hotel

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!